Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense
(09-15-2021, 04:31 AM)Caballs Deep Wrote: I think people should be given an option to server their mass in slays, if they seem sincerely apologetic and didn't just run up to every person, detective, and even in some bad cases their T buddies just blind firing at their face.
Major +1 to this, I give this courtesy via "staff discretion" if the player is still online and seems remorseful/is willing to stay and serve the slays.

I had a guy go crazy with the bikini bottom pencil once and erase like 6 guys, 5 reported. The guy actually stayed through a server crash and checked in with me before each slay to indicate he was still on and serving slays/fixing PS2 stuff.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I've always handled mass rdm differently. (Sorry I'm not following guidelines) If someone mass rdm's (3+ rdms) I always allow the individual to serve their slays if they choose to stay on the server. I don't want to immediately ban someone who possibly doesn't know what they are doing. They may need a timeout to read our rules or how to play the game but give them a chance. If they leave then ban but if they stay give them some grace.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Time to expose myself as not following the rules but someone mass and apologetic = serves slays and no ban. Someone is rude asshole and decided to mass = likely ban. One day rdm and leaf = no ban. Cause come on, It’s a day, they’re going to serve the slay and a one day ban is way too hard to get appealed in a decent amount of time, I could see 2x rdm and leaf as a 1-1week still but also changing the mass ban to 3-9 months would be a decent way to do it imo.
I thought it was universally accepted that discretion was allowed to be used when enforcing the rules? If the mass RDM was intentional, ban. If not, no ban. I did this when I was staff and it took 0 effort.
Y’all are acting like discretion being used is a new subject. Same with the rdm and leave; if he’s an ass fuck him but otherwise the slay sticks if they need to leave. It’s not hard to read a room. Well if it’s 19 people screaming in a mic and someone’s playing a kazoo because both tmods are afk then maybe…
Use your brain. Mass is 0 till appealed so that you don’t get hemmed in on a time with wildly different scenarios. Oh oops yeah we’ll give you spays, to yeah a month is fine don’t do it again, and then the “no fuck off mic spamming karma baiting asshat”. Also that guy who got on to hack but you ducked your obs so you don’t have the vid but you have the mass. He’s not going to try and come back.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(09-15-2021, 10:15 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote: I thought it was universally accepted that discretion was allowed to be used when enforcing the rules? If the mass RDM was intentional, ban. If not, no ban. I did this when I was staff and it took 0 effort.

Discretion is only used when the staff member likes/knows the person, most of the time. If it's a guest player, everything is by the book. See: these bullshit RDM and leave ban requests.
(09-15-2021, 12:06 PM)Reina Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 10:15 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote: I thought it was universally accepted that discretion was allowed to be used when enforcing the rules? If the mass RDM was intentional, ban. If not, no ban. I did this when I was staff and it took 0 effort.

Discretion is only acceptable when the staff member likes/knows the person, most of the time. If it's a guest player, everything is by the book. See: these bullshit RDM and leave ban requests.
Discretion is a part of every aspect of a staff’s actions. 

also reminder that for rdm + leave, people could avoid day bans by literally just telling staff they gotta leave and will serve the slay later
(09-15-2021, 12:23 PM)HONG Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:06 PM)Reina Wrote: -snip-

also reminder that for rdm + leave, people could avoid day bans by literally just telling staff they gotta leave and will serve the slay later

that reminder doesn't make sense but I appreciate you reminding me
(09-15-2021, 12:47 PM)Reina Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:23 PM)HONG Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:06 PM)Reina Wrote: -snip-

that reminder doesn't make sense but I appreciate you reminding me
If you tell staff you need to leave they’ll usually go about their day and not worry about the rdm and leave. Now allowing friends to get away with it may still apply here but it’s the thought that counts right?also since it was pointed out don’t pull a Russ and start -1ing a bunch of ban requests just because you don’t like the rule.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon