Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being Gagged for trying to understand the MOTD
Offender's Name: Damien & Scoovie

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:221473561, STEAM_0:1:19824014

What Server(s): Dinkleberg TTT

Offender's Rank: Donor

What They Did: Broke your Rule 4 of "Mic spamming" in this case just trying to talk over me when i tried to resolve the situation, and rule 6 after gagging me by flaming me consistently for the next 30 minutes using voice.

TL;DR of What They Did : Abused power by gagging just because of a singular situation, dragged it on for a literal 30 minutes.

As far as it went they were right in telling us not to say a singular joke, one that i did repeat out loud like a tumblr user online does in italics while laughing because it was funny over the 2 parties involved : "Your 14 years old? Right in my ball park" which my friend literally got off a video about a month ago. But during the moment the joke was made both parties involved didn't care about the joke and were making good humor of it and having a good time. Damien originally told us not to make the joke but then when i read through the MOTD and didn't understand it they just continuously grew cocky about knowing what the rules were and started flaming us over the whole conversation. While my friends continued to bicker with them I was reading the MOTD trying to understand what the issue was since Damien told me to read the full 5 pages but the full 5 pages were just addendums that could be referred to in the main page but I didn't originally recognize "Minor Exploitation" as the situation because neither of the parties involved took it as a serious situation; it was just Damien and Scoovie just going "Dont make those jokes" and not explaining any further than just that or giving us any frame of reference and threatening to gag everyone the entire time like it was a flex of power instead of actually trying to avoid the problem.

Later on through this I still didn't understand so I tried explaining how I went through the rules and did exactly what he was suggesting of me. But they decided to continuously talk over me and out of everyone involved among my friends they gagged me while I was trying to explain my perspective and wonder where in the rules it said that we can't have dark humor. Then as I go to join the discord I was asked what happened to me and i typed in response that I was putting in a report because I wanted them to understand why I was going afk. To which Damien responded : Cry about it.

Further followed up with them laughing and talking about how the report won't go anywhere. While continually flaming me, I stopped typing until Scoovie going "I'll just tell them you made a pedo joke and it'll be done." When that wasn't at all the situation that was causing main problems, either way I didn't do any better being frustrated with a situation of power abusers that didnt want to listen, i just passive aggressively explained that they gagged me for talking about the motd and the general rules of the server. I already was trying to discuss the situation of the joke so we could move past that which we would have done had they not gagged me just because they didnt want to discuss the rules or explain them to new members of the community; They defended it as common sense even though again, both parties involved in the joke didn't care about the joke, so it was an endless cycle of just nobody getting anywhere.

The entire time I was creating this post and trying to figure out how to report them they just continuously kept flaming with phrases like "still waiting on that forum.", "here let me type it up", "I'm pretty sure i helped write the rules", or just generally laughing at one of their friend's flamebait comments as if to poke at me for even trying to resolve it in a decent way.

When They Did It: Some time between 2AM to 4AM CST on 9/6/2021

Potential Witnesses: 

CreamDeal - STEAM_0:0:207400566
Chungladoor (The originally guy who made the joke) - STEAM_0:0:146388163
9reen_* - STEAM_0:1:59361603
Tboy - STEAM_0:1:50972826
Derp (Friend of the guys in reference. Also Donor) - STEAM_0:0:97214075

Proof: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EkEbkWc...sp=sharing <- is a video of me showing at the very least their names in game and a few of the things that were said by myself and others in chat. As well as my general tangent in frustration explaining how the situation came off to me and what that says about the server's environment.

https://imgur.com/gallery/9JlHcea <- Collection of photos as reference. The rules in question as well as a chat screenshot.

Other: I don't really expect anything to happen with this report because nothing tends to anywhere else in regards to donators, plus my half of the situation did break a specific rule. We only understood the actual situation after I had to pay specific attention to the MOTD because I was sent on a wild goose chase to read all 5 pages.

I mainly just want these guys to be taught how to properly handle situations where rules are broken so that people aren't scared away from servers because that's a good way to get yourself stuck with toxic players, experience from my own staffing days a few years ago.

I do apologize for my own group on this situation.
Where is the evidence for the alleged gag?
he was gagged along with a few others. you have my word.
also its derp not Derp
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
Some kid said "don't touch my penis I'm a minor and someone else said oh a minor you're my type" we said not to make those jokes yall decided to argue about it for 5 minutes whining that it isnt in the MOTD, which it is btw ;) so we gagged all the people bitching about it. Just a fucking thought but don't try and defend people making pedo jokes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
1. Your friend made a joke that was very creepy and gross towards a minor (Me), then later on another map when Atticus joined, he made a pedophillic comment about him being a minor. Then your friend said the same joke.

2. You proceeded to argue with Scoovie and Me about the rules and how those types of jokes are gaggable. When told your friend proceed to say something about me not having a life because I read past page 1 of the MOTD. 

3. You have shown no evidence of the gag itself, just a joker-style monologue of how we're wrong (When we're not.)

+1, We REALLY fucked up dude.
Sorry but anything involving minors like this is creepy and something I have zero tolerance for. -1 on the abuse report. I do not think anyone abused their powers. From what I've heard those gags were well deserved.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
(09-06-2021, 04:57 AM)Damien Wrote: 1. Your friend made a joke that was very creepy and gross towards a minor (Me), then later on another map when Atticus joined, he made a pedophillic comment about him being a minor. Then your friend said the same joke.

2. You proceeded to argue with Scoovie and Me about the rules and how those types of jokes are gaggable. When told your friend proceed to say something about me not having a life because I read past page 1 of the MOTD. 

3. You have shown no evidence of the gag itself, just a joker-style monologue of how we're wrong (When we're not.)

+1, We REALLY fucked up dude.

1) I was literally in a call with my 3 friends the entire time and I wasn't made aware of the reference that my friend said anything to you. When atticus joined he literally made a joke about that stuff towards others before they were made first.

2) I wasn't arguing with you guys. I was telling you i literally read through it and didn't see the rule there that said anything specifically stated that they couldn't make those jokes. As for the last part. my friend's have this one really bad value of constantly fighting with people that don't show any signs of being calm first. You spent the entire game arguing with 9reen about every action he made and i tried to explain to them in each situation not to. Hence why i said at the end that I apologized for the group as a whole.

If Chungladoor actually did say something to you then i apologize. But as far as it went you all only gagged me for the first bit and my 2 friends continued to have the ability to converse with you.

3) The gag is screenshotted within the screenshots on the imgur link under proof.
Thread has been restored and closed since it was deleted. If you have any other concerns do let us know.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]