Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAMERS GUIDE
(09-06-2021, 11:15 PM)ratty Wrote: not to turn this thread too serious but it does leave a sour taste in my mouth the fact that we demote TRUSTEDS for doing below the minimum but we don't even demote MODERATORS that haven't shown up in years.

its like getting punished for actively playing the game lmao
While I have my share of rants logged here for demoting inactive staff, staff members getting on and not doing anything repeatedly to the point of complaints does have a stronger argument then demoting a guy you may never see again.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(09-06-2021, 11:20 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 11:15 PM)ratty Wrote: not to turn this thread too serious but it does leave a sour taste in my mouth the fact that we demote TRUSTEDS for doing below the minimum but we don't even demote MODERATORS that haven't shown up in years.

While I have my share of rants logged here for demoting inactive staff, staff members getting on and not doing anything repeatedly to the point of complaints does have a stronger argument then demoting a guy you may never see again.
who complaining doe
Cult member since 8-8-18

how to get staff demoted just complain about them EZ
Cult member since 8-8-18
(09-06-2021, 11:22 PM)GAMER Wrote:

who complaining doe
I read what they sent. If they didn’t bring up who then idk what to tell you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon

staff can easily check to see if other staff are on the server and if they see only Trusted on it should still be encouraged that higher ranking players should still join to help out

people are always saying we should add a helper role but people argue against it to say "trusted is the helper role" but then when a trusted doesn't want to deal with cry babies and just do the easy work like dealing with racists then that's not enough for the server and they apparently need to be demoted.

I just can't see how inaction is demotion worthy
sure its a little annoying to log on and see a bunch of unfinished reports but bygones are bygones
(09-06-2021, 11:28 PM)ratty Wrote:

staff can easily check to see if other staff are on the server and if they see only Trusted on it should still be encouraged that higher ranking players should still join to help out

people are always saying we should add a helper role but people argue against it to say "trusted is the helper role" but then when a trusted doesn't want to deal with cry babies and just do the easy work like dealing with racists then that's not enough for the server and they apparently need to be demoted.

I just can't see how inaction is demotion worthy
sure its a little annoying to log on and see a bunch of unfinished reports but bygones are bygones
He’s not banned. If theyre not staffing then why are they staff? It’s a real pain for staff and players alike to see a staff member on neglecting the job. I get here and there, Bc I’d rather that to alts, but commonly is an issue and was written into a way to be demoted years ago. Get the inactive while you’re at ig.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(09-06-2021, 11:27 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:

who complaining doe
Why does everyone know who complained about me enough to get demoted except me? 
Why am I being out ranked by people that dont play as much as me or been staff as long as me
Cult member since 8-8-18
(09-06-2021, 11:33 PM)GAMER Wrote:

who complaining doe
Why am I being out ranked by people that dont play as much as me or been staff as long as me
Your signature is from my “cult” and I was an admin who approved your app so I’m not sure that’s your strongest argument. 
I suggest seeing if Bryan will forward you some more explanation but I say I don’t know what to tell you because I actually don’t hold that much- I just see and comment on things they do in some chats since I still hold an admin position. Which totally does not annoy them I’m sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(09-06-2021, 11:15 PM)ratty Wrote: its like getting punished for actively playing the game lmao
Here’s my so-called gospel.

If you consistently just want to get on and just play the game rather than do the bare minimum of staffing, don’t be staff.

If GMod just isn’t fun for you anymore, resign. Don’t be staff.

If someone’s having to tell you, even beg you to do something as basic as handling a report, don’t be staff.

If you don’t want to be staff, don’t be staff.

I know these are pretty crazy concepts, but hear me out. Being staff means accepting all of the responsibilities that come with it, like actually being staff when there are issues. One of those responsibilities is arguably using your judgement, and recognizing when you should step back and say “maybe this isn't working for me any more.” You just want to play the game? Fine, play as a player, then you won’t have any expectations, etc. It’s entirely a volunteered job, but it exists for a good reason and if you don’t help out after saying you would and going through the whole process, you’re just wasting everyone’s time. 
Thanks.
(09-06-2021, 11:45 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 11:33 PM)GAMER Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 11:20 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: While I have my share of rants logged here for demoting inactive staff, staff members getting on and not doing anything repeatedly to the point of complaints does have a stronger argument then demoting a guy you may never see again.
who complaining doe
Your signature is from my “cult” and I was an admin who approved your app so I’m not sure that’s your strongest argument. 
I suggest seeing if Bryan will forward you some more explanation but I say I don’t know what to tell you because I actually don’t hold that much- I just see and comment on things they do in some chats since I still hold an admin position. Which totally does not annoy them I’m sure.
I wasn’t calling you out i have no issues with you matt. 
I just know i was demoted because a certain someone didn’t like that i wasn’t putting the same amount of work and effort that they are as a staff member. Someone that probably hasnt been staff nearly as long as me. 
As far as i know there were no player complaints on me. Only complaints from staff. 
Its just so shocking to me that someone can join this community and single handedly complain enough to get a well loved staff member that has played since 2017 demoted in a week and not even get donor +
Cult member since 8-8-18