Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Staff Application #4
Ingame Name: Damien

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:221473561
Discord Tag: Damien Is A Crybaby#2156

Time Played: Here you Go

When First Joined: 12/31/19 or 1/1/20 (Either/Or)

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Anytime Really.

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: I can handle reports and appoint gags and mutes accordingly. I already use the abilities given to me in the parameters I am allowed to do so.

Why you want to help the community: Let's be honest, trolls/micspammers/rdmers and hackers are very annoying. It honestly sucks when Nobody is on that can help. I want to be there and handle it for the people affected by these types of people.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): n/a

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): App #1 / App #2 / App #3 (These are in reverse order btw)

How did you find us?: Scrolling the server during the ball drop on New Year's Eve.

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes

Other: n/a

Witnesses: @"derp"
+1 but to be honest, in my personal opinion there is one thing you could improve upon that I haven't noticed you putting any effort into since your last application. you really should really work on having a deeper voice so people take you seriously.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
(09-10-2021, 12:41 AM)Reina Wrote: +1 but to be honest, in my personal opinion there is one thing you could improve upon that I haven't noticed you putting any effort into since your last application. you really should really work on having a deeper voice so people take you seriously.
Pretty please don't bully me with a cherry on top!!!
Is this a shitpost?

Hmm, you know there is a lot of positives with you Damien and some negatives but that can easily be worked upon. (like your voice hopefully that deepens and you join the NBA) but looking at your previous applications and reading and analyzing past issues from previous years one thing that re-cycles as a reason to deny you is anger management. I get it you're young and hot-headed and generally having those two tendency's on the internet is a recipe of letting random strangers and trolls take control of the situation and practically own you and bait you into fucking up severely and/or just letting your emotions get to the best of you. Now I can't -1 you because I never seen the bad side of you or experienced when you get pushed into a corner and start attacking people so that's why I'm not doing a -1 since I was never around prior or now and only seeing it through previous posts so I'm just putting my two cents there.
I can't +1 you either because that would be flat out bias since we hang out in and out of TTT and might even make it easier for the admins to deny you lol.

All I can truly say is yeah you're on the server a lot and have shown the dedication to help out and make sure it's in good shape by making ban reports and pinging staff when there are shitheads making it worse while also having fun, it's just easy for you to be a target and mind-fucked into fucking yourself by people on the server from what I can decipher.

Hopefully you hit a early growth spurt and have the deepest voice, good luck man.
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
(09-10-2021, 01:29 AM)Linfalas Wrote: -SNIP-
Thank you for your honesty Lin! I feel like I have grown since my last staff application and I feel like I can manage my anger A LOT better than I could then.
i personally think that if someone has been in the community long enough and knows enough people, effort in the app becomes less important. there is still a layer of effort required, but i personally think responding to criticism is more important. for example, i already know a lot about how you conduct yourself on the server and how you may want to staff because ive talked to you for so long. youre most likely not going to bring up something i dont already know. that is more likely for someone else to do on your app.
overall +1 you are pretty good not staff and conduct yourself very well on the server
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(09-10-2021, 02:56 AM)derp Wrote: i personally think that if someone has been in the community long enough and knows enough people, effort in the app becomes less important. there is still a layer of effort required, but i personally think responding to criticism is more important. for example, i already know a lot about how you conduct yourself on the server and how you may want to staff because ive talked to you for so long. youre most likely not going to bring up something i dont already know. that is more likely for someone else to do on your app.
overall +1 you are pretty good not staff and conduct yourself very well on the server
Thank you for replying Derp! Your +1 Brings me a smile :)
I must be getting on the wrong times because I've never seen Damien misbehave on the server. He's active and knows the rules and has a friendly rapport with most people. For Trusted I don't think this is a complicated +1.
I'm going to be clear with my intentions here. I think you have a good idea of the rules and protocols for TTT. That's fine an dandy. I don't think you should be a part of staff yet. 

I've had issues where you're making incredibly inappropriate jokes. Specifically towards PH players. I won't discuss the nature of them here. I was hoping that you would move on from these jokes but the last time I heard one of them it was when we were playing Among Us as a large group. Unfortunately I didn't record it although I should have. I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt on that.

I don't want you to get banned over these jokes but I do want to make sure you know that there are lines that shouldn't be crossed even if you believe it sounds like a joke. Staff members must be respectful of other people and I've had too many situations where you've been bringing up inappropriate things that don't belong on the server. Any of the servers. As long as you're making jokes like that I can't find myself backing you up on this app. I think you'll be fine in the future if you drop these things.

I've had some second thoughts.

So after looking through posts on this app I would like to change my vote to neutral.

My reason for changing my vote is simply that yes, people can be affected by the crowds they run with. Maybe the jokes came from the influence of others. It can't hurt to give him a chance to be honest. I also haven't heard anything bad like this since the previous mention of hearing it and he did go out of his way to seem sincere in his apology over said jokes.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Let me ask you this, what has changed about you since your last application besides, of course, time?
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]