Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input - Night Mode
I don't see the need for a late-night admin. A mod would be able to do everything needed at night. I personally don't think your ready for admin. Furthermore, more than 4 admins is pointless, and there is no need to expand on that right now.

For the first time since 2019, we don't need another admin. Which is a great thing. We shouldn't go overboard adding more.

Currently we need more active mods rather than a admin.
former admin2
I am biased and do not wish to be too strong of a biased influence.
I will say that my welcome to Nicol and Dong back to the admin table was conditional in that their reentry should not preclude a spot.

In other words, don't hog the admin spot. If you truely think Les is ready, but wont let him in because there are too many, then that is an issue that goes back to the unresigning of former admins.

Right now all 4 are active, and I'm not certain a 5th would be necessary. But I would oppose rejection based on that.

As for Les, I brought up some concerns privately with him, which losely align with concerns Laced brought up. That being said, I first thought of Les as being a good option for admin way back in January of this year, prior to his military leave.
His leadership skills are what qualify him.
The main caviat there is that we don't just need another leader - we need a backend guy too.

My vote is a very biased +1 but realistically I hope Les builds off of that feedback, and that a spot may open for him someday somewhere.

I see him being an admin by the end of the year at the latest, should he still be active at that point.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I don't think u bring anything notable aside from a timezone difference good on u for joining the dev team but from what i understand anyone can join and help -1
[Image: J6yUs0g]
If I've read your application correctly,  you are essentially trying to expand your knowledge. Nothing wrong with that.

I personally don't see an issue with 5 Admins as it allows there to be more diversity in decisions and voting for new things on an administrative level. 

Do I think you should be Admin right now? No, I do not feel that anything I've seen thus far makes you stand out substantially enough to support your advancement to Admin. Though keep in mind that for the most part I avoid dabbling in TTT things, so that plays a factor in me not seeing some things as well. 

Do I think you could be an Admin? Yes, I believe in time this can be a reality. 

I can't tell you where to improve to become a TTT Admin as the politics of TTT are beyond my knowledge.  

Keep doing good things, and doing what you can within reason. 

And, Army is better ^_-
I personally see no reason to have a cap on the amount of admins we should have.

I would love to see SCP's model fixed and If it is fixed then I would love for you to do some other models.

I'm gonna give you a +0.5 and my full support.
(09-16-2021, 12:58 PM)Damien Wrote: I personally see no reason to have a cap on the amount of admins we should have.

Too many cooks spoil the broth. Having a few people working together to complete tasks and make decisions will create a great product. Having many people working on the same tasks and making decisions will either create an echo chamber where nothing improves or it will lead to a lot of butting heads, but either way, decisions will take significantly longer and conflicts are bound to happen-- especially with so many strong personalities.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
Going against the majority here and say I don’t think having 5 admins is a bad thing either, hell like Jammin said in his previous post on this thread. Just because two admins unresign and we have 4 admins now, doesn’t mean nobody else can be admin, but that’s just my opinion. Anyway but I don’t don’t think Kaptain you are ready. You probably need more experience in stuff.
So I have a few questions in mind upon reading this. Some things were glossed over by reading from everyone.

Besides what's stated, what can you bring to the admin team? What makes you stand out? (I'm aware someone said this but I'm reiterating, because you said you're going to work on it, so explain how.)
Are you able to hold your own here, aka prevent being silenced for having a differing opinion, etc? But can you also not be TOO headstrong and silence others?

I ask these because that's one of the biggest stepping stones for being considered for adminship. Admins are the voice of the community and need to be able to voice for them, without silencing them. They need to stand out among the staff with more than just a rank, but personality wise, decision making wise, etc.

Some things I will point out from personal experiences with you over the years.
You have tremendous leadership skills in all honesty. You are a people person, you can calm situations that need defused in a proper way. You DO need to stand out more. You're as bad as I was with staying in the background and blending in. Time to bloom fucker. Turn into that sunflower. :^ )

I think you would be a good fit with knowing how you are with decisions and handling things and people. But for the time being, no. Only until I see you stand out more.
That's my only reasoning for a no.

Denying it because of the amount of admins as Jammin said, is kind of silly for the exact reasons he stated.
There's been many times having 5 admins has been MORE than helpful. Specifically when one needs to take a break. You can easily cycle through the 5 or so.

I hope to see you in it in the future, but for now just work on standing out.
KaptainLes,

Sincerely, I respect the hell out of you. You have always been one of my favorites to just sit back and talk to about literally anything and I love that you're pursuing the goal that you told me back when we were staff together. You had stated that to me as early as last year that you wanted to shoot for admin and eventually make some changes to the community and honestly the fact that you've worked your way up the ladder and stuck to it says a lot about your commitment to the community.  

I've seen the complaints/concerns that people have said, and I'm very glad to see that there aren't any that are toxic. I think you also picked up on the fact that the critiques of you are genuine and aren't them coming for your throat for no legitimate reason. 

Personally, Here's what I'll say to you. I really like Nuru's comment about you, it really describes you to a Tee: great leader, you just struggle with something we call in the Fine Arts department, "stage presence." 

What is stage presence, you might ask? Here's a quote that you might find helpful: 

"Stage presence is that certain charisma and charm that an artist, singer, performer etc possesses that draws in an audience and commands their full attention."

Personally, I find you to be a very reserved person from my experiences at first until we warmed up to each other. After we became comfortable with each other though, you really opened up and to me you started to stand out from others on the staff team. What you have to do is develop that presence in a way that isn't overbearingly arrogant or obnoxious and I think that if you can do that, the general public will without a doubt support your promotion to Admin. Something I really think that you can do to start really setting yourself out from the crowd is making it a personal mission of yours to have your presence around. Yes, I get you're in a very different timezone from the rest of us, but there are also a lot of people who make their nights by playing on Dink's TTT. Your biggest issue that I've read and observed is you not necessarily do the bare minimum per say, but you aren't going out of your way to be a welcoming person either. Don't take that the wrong way, but something I've learned from this community and any other group I am a part of (whether it's IRL or online) is that people respond well to energy. 

For example, there was a time where I joined the Dink's DR server and within 2 hours it went from being extremely quiet and dead to a complete and total micspam hell because I was feeding energy and having people do a chain reaction. The same shit happens when I'm at marching band rehearsals; I go in, I start yelling and having fun, and next thing I know, everyone else starts doing it too. ENERGY is key to standing out, I'm not saying you lack it because I know you don't, but it is something people REALLY feed off of.

Your time will come Kaptain, but for now I have to -1 you. 

Keep developing yourself, I know you can this <3
(09-16-2021, 05:28 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: Besides what's stated, what can you bring to the admin team? What makes you stand out? (I'm aware someone said this but I'm reiterating, because you said you're going to work on it, so explain how.)
Are you able to hold your own here, aka prevent being silenced for having a differing opinion, etc? But can you also not be TOO headstrong and silence others?

Response to Nuru/ Other Responses so far

I'm going to convert Nurus questions to how I am going to work on things rather than the "What I can bring" and "What makes me stand out", as I am aware via the feedback that I am lacking in these areas. 

What are you going to do so you can bring more to the admin team? 
I honestly don't think at this point in time I can bring much more. It's kinda a Supply Vs Demand Situation. All the strengths that I can bring, the admin team has those bases covered. I think the community is looking more for a Back End Admin more than an Administrative/Leadership/Day to Day server admin and that's primarily the type of admin id excel at being. My strengths being a Forum Bitch (This includes Creation/updating TTT related topics, guides, general info etc ) and Leadership (This mainly revolves around staff training/day to day decision making) and my approachability (Being able to listen to people and help with what they need/convey their issues and queries). Aswell as just the basics of more diversity in decision making, workload sharing, greater admin availability, reducing admin burnout and balanced responsibilities (but even that's subject to me not being away).  I am going to work on the Lua side of things by getting involved as much as I can in the backend side of house as well as self-teaching via youtube/experimentation in my spare time. 

What are you going to do to make you stand out more? 
As David mentioned I am a relatively reserved person, I don't particularly go out of my way to make friends or do "Small Talk". I'm actually a fairly shy person. When the server is full and there is a lot going on I tend to just focus on staffing and dealing with issues, only talking when needing to for a staffing related situation and as people say "Blend in". It's nights with a much smaller player base that I allow myself to have more fun with the players a lot more. I am going to work on this by engaging more with the server and being a more welcoming person when there are lots of people on, to build better relations between players and myself and maintaining a positive impression on how players view staff during those times. Bring some of that "Energy" David was talking about. 

Are you able to hold your own here?
I think this is your only question I am absolutely all over. Yes. My motto in life has always been "Heres my opinion, Feel free to change it", Meaning I am very open about what I believe in and my own opinion (even if it is different to others) but at the same time I will listen to yours and try to see your point of view. I can put my foot down when needed and can openly justify why, but I can also be open to all ideas/views. I am confident in my decision making and getting things done. You are right in the fact that Admins are the voice of the community, and I want to be a part of that voice.

Thank you all very much for your feedback. I am going to try and come more out of my shell and "stand out".
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]