Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input - Night Mode
(09-14-2021, 03:47 PM)bunniey Wrote: Despite it not being how you want it to sound, allegedly, really alls you bring to the table is a time difference. And more often than not,  nothing is majorly pressing at the hours that everyone is 100% not available at night, so it really doesn't sound like you'd do much more than you're currently doing as mod, but would have that snazzy title.
Really good way to put it, and I definitely agree, however acidic that may be. In my opinion, any staff rank is what you make of it. I enjoyed the privilege of getting to work with the dev team not long after I was trusted, not because I was a particularly good staff member or anything, but because I wanted to help the community in a way I was good at. That’s really what matters, not the rank you hold or the powers you have. If you want to have the same impact as an admin, you absolutely can in your current position, it’s already there—you simply have to take it.
I also agree that the main benefit of you being admin would be that you could get on late at night isn’t that great of a reason to go for/have such a position. For me, I believe the only room for an additional admin (which I really don’t believe there is as of right now) that would make me throw my support in would be a 3rd admin focused on back-end development, but even that isn’t really necessary. Ban requests and getting on a bit is good, but there’s definitely more of a community-driven aspect than getting the job done. At this time, I’m really not sure you posses that, but I am really sure that another admin would not provide a benefit. This is no fault nor shortcoming of your own, simply a symptom of a highly active and well structured community.

Good luck.
-H

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking For Community Input - Night Mode - by HONG - 09-14-2021, 08:24 PM
RE: Looking For Community Input - Night Mode - by David - 09-16-2021, 10:59 PM