Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input - Night Mode
(09-14-2021, 07:59 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote: My only memorable interaction with you was once when you took a report that was already looked at by another staff member who had no problem with the contents (considering it was a forgiven joke report) and warned me. When asked why you overstepped not only that staff member, but the Admin that was on who also had no problem with it (although I was a bit rude towards you,) I found no response.

Response to laced
My apologies for the none response. I wrongly assumed you were doing an ASAB bit and didn't actually want a response. If you still want a response it is: I think why I warned was due to my consistency as staff. If I warn a guest for Slurs in Reports I'm going to warn a Donor for the same issue. The rules and guidelines are something that applies to all players whether they be a new guest or long time staff and everything in between. I don't think I overstepped on anyone (Admin included) as I would have messaged Admin chat saying that I was either "Going to warn" or "Asking if the other staff wanted me to do the warn" as I dislike multiple staff warning the same thing so I always try to deconflict warns with multiple staff on. If other staff had an issue with me warning you for slurs in reports It would have been brought up then. Warning for Slurs in reports has always been something I have done and will continue to do until rules are changed. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know, feel free to message me anytime. 

(09-14-2021, 01:29 PM)Forest King Wrote: what would you do differently as an admin?

Response to Forest
I don't know if you asking about me personally what would I do differently or server-side what would I do differently So I will answer both. 

What would I do personally differently if I was given the chance to be an admin?
Firstly Id take on all the advice given to me in this feedback, working towards what more I can bring to the team (Apart from just being night staff as I know that isn't enough, as i wrote originally), A lot of the advice I've been given so far is to learn more of the back of house stuff so I recently Joined the TTT Dev team and are going to be learning as much as I can towards the Halloween and Christmas events. Id work on more community engagement as this is hard for me as I mainly only get exposure to the people playing in the later hours. If I did get admin I would constantly be updating guides and information on the forums and looking into rule changes/other issues the community brings up (as part of the greater admin team). 

What would I do differently if I was an admin compared to the current Admins/Admins of past?
As far as the admins of the past I cannot say too much of as I do not know their staffing style, As far as being different from the current admins, I don't think I would want to be, the purpose of me being an admin at this point of time would be to learn under the current admin, take from their individual styles and build into my own as an admin, rather than waiting till we had little or no admins then being thrown in the deep. Gaining experience adminning under a large pool of experience rather than just 1 or 2 other admins. 

General Response to the feedback so far
I definitely acknowledge the fact that there is no need for another admin, Hense the reason for the community feedback at the moment. I also agree with the fact that just being "Night staff is not a good enough reason for getting admin. The feedback point of needing to stand out more is definitely something to work on, I will work on learning more backend server shit and trying to myself more involved and well known with the players that play in the morning. I believe I bring good leadership skills to the staff team and am always trying to bring out the best in the staff. I add that Id like to think that I am a decently well-known contact for people on TTT to come to with questions or queries about rules, complaints or any issues.

Please keep the feedback coming as every person's input matters to me. And its going to shape the staff member I want to be so I can earn your support in the future.
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking For Community Input - Night Mode - by KaptainLes - 09-15-2021, 09:59 PM
RE: Looking For Community Input - Night Mode - by David - 09-16-2021, 10:59 PM