Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input - Night Mode
KaptainLes,

Sincerely, I respect the hell out of you. You have always been one of my favorites to just sit back and talk to about literally anything and I love that you're pursuing the goal that you told me back when we were staff together. You had stated that to me as early as last year that you wanted to shoot for admin and eventually make some changes to the community and honestly the fact that you've worked your way up the ladder and stuck to it says a lot about your commitment to the community.  

I've seen the complaints/concerns that people have said, and I'm very glad to see that there aren't any that are toxic. I think you also picked up on the fact that the critiques of you are genuine and aren't them coming for your throat for no legitimate reason. 

Personally, Here's what I'll say to you. I really like Nuru's comment about you, it really describes you to a Tee: great leader, you just struggle with something we call in the Fine Arts department, "stage presence." 

What is stage presence, you might ask? Here's a quote that you might find helpful: 

"Stage presence is that certain charisma and charm that an artist, singer, performer etc possesses that draws in an audience and commands their full attention."

Personally, I find you to be a very reserved person from my experiences at first until we warmed up to each other. After we became comfortable with each other though, you really opened up and to me you started to stand out from others on the staff team. What you have to do is develop that presence in a way that isn't overbearingly arrogant or obnoxious and I think that if you can do that, the general public will without a doubt support your promotion to Admin. Something I really think that you can do to start really setting yourself out from the crowd is making it a personal mission of yours to have your presence around. Yes, I get you're in a very different timezone from the rest of us, but there are also a lot of people who make their nights by playing on Dink's TTT. Your biggest issue that I've read and observed is you not necessarily do the bare minimum per say, but you aren't going out of your way to be a welcoming person either. Don't take that the wrong way, but something I've learned from this community and any other group I am a part of (whether it's IRL or online) is that people respond well to energy. 

For example, there was a time where I joined the Dink's DR server and within 2 hours it went from being extremely quiet and dead to a complete and total micspam hell because I was feeding energy and having people do a chain reaction. The same shit happens when I'm at marching band rehearsals; I go in, I start yelling and having fun, and next thing I know, everyone else starts doing it too. ENERGY is key to standing out, I'm not saying you lack it because I know you don't, but it is something people REALLY feed off of.

Your time will come Kaptain, but for now I have to -1 you. 

Keep developing yourself, I know you can this <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking For Community Input - Night Mode - by David - 09-16-2021, 10:59 PM