Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input - Night Mode
(09-16-2021, 05:28 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: Besides what's stated, what can you bring to the admin team? What makes you stand out? (I'm aware someone said this but I'm reiterating, because you said you're going to work on it, so explain how.)
Are you able to hold your own here, aka prevent being silenced for having a differing opinion, etc? But can you also not be TOO headstrong and silence others?

Response to Nuru/ Other Responses so far

I'm going to convert Nurus questions to how I am going to work on things rather than the "What I can bring" and "What makes me stand out", as I am aware via the feedback that I am lacking in these areas. 

What are you going to do so you can bring more to the admin team? 
I honestly don't think at this point in time I can bring much more. It's kinda a Supply Vs Demand Situation. All the strengths that I can bring, the admin team has those bases covered. I think the community is looking more for a Back End Admin more than an Administrative/Leadership/Day to Day server admin and that's primarily the type of admin id excel at being. My strengths being a Forum Bitch (This includes Creation/updating TTT related topics, guides, general info etc ) and Leadership (This mainly revolves around staff training/day to day decision making) and my approachability (Being able to listen to people and help with what they need/convey their issues and queries). Aswell as just the basics of more diversity in decision making, workload sharing, greater admin availability, reducing admin burnout and balanced responsibilities (but even that's subject to me not being away).  I am going to work on the Lua side of things by getting involved as much as I can in the backend side of house as well as self-teaching via youtube/experimentation in my spare time. 

What are you going to do to make you stand out more? 
As David mentioned I am a relatively reserved person, I don't particularly go out of my way to make friends or do "Small Talk". I'm actually a fairly shy person. When the server is full and there is a lot going on I tend to just focus on staffing and dealing with issues, only talking when needing to for a staffing related situation and as people say "Blend in". It's nights with a much smaller player base that I allow myself to have more fun with the players a lot more. I am going to work on this by engaging more with the server and being a more welcoming person when there are lots of people on, to build better relations between players and myself and maintaining a positive impression on how players view staff during those times. Bring some of that "Energy" David was talking about. 

Are you able to hold your own here?
I think this is your only question I am absolutely all over. Yes. My motto in life has always been "Heres my opinion, Feel free to change it", Meaning I am very open about what I believe in and my own opinion (even if it is different to others) but at the same time I will listen to yours and try to see your point of view. I can put my foot down when needed and can openly justify why, but I can also be open to all ideas/views. I am confident in my decision making and getting things done. You are right in the fact that Admins are the voice of the community, and I want to be a part of that voice.

Thank you all very much for your feedback. I am going to try and come more out of my shell and "stand out".
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking For Community Input - Night Mode - by David - 09-16-2021, 10:59 PM
RE: Looking For Community Input - Night Mode - by KaptainLes - 09-18-2021, 09:37 AM