Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cat wants to be let out the bag
I am voting neutral. 

I didn't have any sort of "yes finally!" reaction to your application if that makes any sense, it was more like an "ah I see".
To maybe put it more bluntly there wasn't anything in particular about your application for me to stand behind you fully with a desire to become staff, this doesn't mean I'm against you it just means I'm more of an OK. Which in all honesty is significantly better than what many have gotten from me. 

"What can you do to help the community?"
You didn't really answer this question, you said a lot of what you want to do but what can you do? or in other words, what do you bring to the table that makes you stand out more than the average player?

"Other: I became a donor from encouragement from friends" This raised a level of concern as it shows that you didn't really decided for yourself to become donor, more so you were persuaded into it which leads me to believe that your desire for TRUSTED may be a similar situation. This is an observation, not an accusation. 

I will make note that you do have 7 ban requests submitted since your arrival in August; you've also pinged for staff at least 3x in the month of September, those are something positive to note.
(09-21-2021, 10:43 PM)The Triangle Wrote: I am voting neutral. 

I didn't have any sort of "yes finally!" reaction to your application if that makes any sense, it was more like an "ah I see".
To maybe put it more bluntly there wasn't anything in particular about your application for me to stand behind you fully with a desire to become staff, this doesn't mean I'm against you it just means I'm more of an OK. Which in all honesty is significantly better than what many have gotten from me. 

"What can you do to help the community?"
You didn't really answer this question, you said a lot of what you want to do but what can you do? or in other words, what do you bring to the table that makes you stand out more than the average player?

"Other: I became a donor from encouragement from friends" This raised a level of concern as it shows that you didn't really decided for yourself to become donor, more so you were persuaded into it which leads me to believe that your desire for TRUSTED may be a similar situation. This is an observation, not an accusation. 

I will make note that you do have 7 ban requests submitted since your arrival in August; you've also pinged for staff at least 3x in the month of September, those are something positive to note.
Looking over the question and my response; I do see your point and would like to clarify myself a bit. "What can you do to help the community?" What I can do to help the community is by being another person that can help and inform players how things function in the server. I been here on the server not to long like many other regulars, so being new to the server or even the game in general can be a bit confusing. I would help by providing information and ways to interact with the server and the community with newer players alike.

Yes, I will admit that I did not, by my own will decide to become a donor. This decision was made by the constant moments where me and my friends (whom encouraged me) were not having a great time playing due to constant toxicity the VC would get. We could mute them and just ignore them but that did not stop them from making the server any less pleasant to play in at the moment. Once I was a donor I did not know what to do with my new role or how to do anything with it. A week passed by and I had a soft grasp of what I could do with my donor commands and how to handle some situations. This lead me to join the discord and eventually later the forums. I had spent just a full night just reading the forums how the server functioned and what I was capable of as a donor. I never overstepped when staff was on, I observed multiple staff on how they handled many situations and took note of them. I learned many procedures and what needs to be done when certain events unfold. So I do want to be clear about my decision about wanting to be trusted is solely based on me. I was not influenced by peers to apply, my desire to apply for staff was my decision alone.
If you have more questions or want more clarifications about something else just leave them here or Dm me and would provide you with an answer. Thank you. 
(09-21-2021, 10:43 PM)The Triangle Wrote: "Other: I became a donor from encouragement from friends" This raised a level of concern as it shows that you didn't really decided for yourself to become donor, more so you were persuaded into it

Considering donations are unprompted by server staff and done fully through the goodwill of players, I see absolutely no issue with someone donating their own money to the server with encouragement from friends. Nobody has to donate, they voluntarily choose to do so to support the server. I believe applying for staff is the same way. No one can make you apply. If you apply, it's because you're willing to volunteer your own time to support a community you care for, not because anyone persuaded you to do so. I believe that by donating, regardless of who suggested they do so, Koshka showed support that is not typically provided by the majority of the player base in this community.
Hey Koshka!
thanks for applying! i have had a lot of good experiences with you in game and in the discord. (even back when i was able to play more)
I just want to remind you that becoming staff means you must staff over all; trolls, hackers, and even friends.
i say this because you are popular and its a point i like to make on most staff apps.

You've been a good and helpful player. You let staff do the staff thing and you know when to ask for help (or offer help) and when to back off, youve even helped in letting other players know to chill and let the staff do their thing.
I think you will do well with trusted

best of luck +1
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

Your staff application for trusted has been accepted. Welcome to the ph staff team.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army