Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum Edge
people saying that they're proven then blatantly going on to t bait with their t items/shooting near people has always caused situations like this. Unfortunately, as the rules are set up, Quantum was correct in slaying you. Not going to comment on the flaming/bantering part of this thread since I didnt see any of it.
I've got a fair bit to say about this especially after some other remarks posted in response.

On the matter of him refusing to slay another person, I'll be repeating what all other staff have said so far in that if that rdmed player did not make a report, there's not much that could have been done in regards to that situation. We normally would not punish a player for rdm if that person who was rdmed does not make a report, though there are the odd few exceptions. Though if there actually was a report made by that player, it would be up to them to make their own separate post to show off that information had they chosen to keep it, unfortunately we cannot look at old reports past two maps.

I want to make it clear that if another player is harassing you, please be upfront with reporting that to staff, whether on the server or through the discord. We all aren't so perceptible to when such an incident is occurring, though we should be more verbal when it comes to telling players to stop with the hostility.

On the count of Quantum slaying you, I don't think it ever should have happened. An innocent, proven or not, can still be killed for committing traitorous acts. ICEY very clearly tried T-baiting you as shown by the footage you provided, that would not have constituted a valid slay.

The point of him being proven does nothing to change the facts that he baited you into killing him, which he did.

Lastly, quantum should not be using such language against another player, incredibly damning of him to act like that when someone is trying to clear up a mistake he made. 

-1 strike, quantum does need a firm palmed spanking though for sure.
I wouldn't have slayed, due to the fact what Icey did was basically Karma baiting. If someone pulls a knife and walks towards me intentionally, I will always kill them.
former admin2
I wanna run through everything here that bothered me.

1. Quantum, you called a player an ableist insult. You're staff.
"these players are chosen for their maturity levels, how well they can handle players, how well they can treat players"

2. Quantum, you kept an argument going. If it gets to a point where you're just bickering with a player over the rules, you should refer them to the forums for an abuse report, then gag them if they continue. You shouldn't sit there arguing with a player over the course of multiple rounds.
"Do not argue with other staff members or players; respectfully disagreeing with something is completely different and is allowed."

3. Minder, I could just be a dumbass who missed some evidence or maybe you can't even access the logs below a certain role, but to me it seems like you're claiming Icey RDM'd someone without a screenshot of the damage logs at the very least. If you're going to make something part of your complaint, you should provide substantial evidence, if only for the sake of convenience.

Edit, 4. Quantum, you did falsely slay Minder. T-baiting is a KOSable offense.

I do think Quantum should receive a strike for his behavior towards other players and just generally the behavior he's modeling for the rest of the server, regardless of the RDM thing.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
And if I read this right, this all leads back to the "just mute them lol" response
Smh
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
"You also have developed a habit of KOSing me just from hearing me nonspecifically shoot a weapon somewhere nearby - eg. https://streamable.com/tlikrr "

So my POV of this clip is that you're taking a sniper shot from a vantage point while Icey is coming down the stairs and you start running. It seemed KOSable to me honestly. At the very minimum sus af. Not like it's meta gaming or anything. (Maybe I just don't play enough TTT)

As far as the slay, assuming there's proof that Icey called his own innocence after killing a T and taking their knife and you missed the callout due to having him muted, that's more your own bad. Muting people and missing information falls on your own shoulders considering not everyone calls out everything in both text and chat. (It's annoying to do both)

'Twas attempted RDM with proper channels of information. Though I can understand panicking when someone pulls a knife. 

However, Quantum talking to you the way he did wasn't really called for. There were better words for the situation. Better ways to resolve it really then just simply insulting you.

As far as a slay to another person. Just depends on their situation. Some people forgive reports even if the RDMer was in the wrong. Some don't even report it. I doubt it's anything with this friends concept you cooked up. Staff must act on their friends with the same rules that everyone is supposed to follow. If they aren't then why would they even be a part of staff?

As far as strikes, nah. -1

As far as being talked to, probably would be beneficial. +1
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]

On the offence of slaying Minder and failing to slay another player, I do not see a strike warranted. Brush him up on the karma-baiting rules, but that's about it.

In regards to his conduct when faced with someone opposing his actions, again I don't see a strike warranted for Quantum. Admins should just talk to him about the issue and explain how he should go about it in the future. I too have a habit of getting riled up when someone will not accept the conclusion of a situation on the server. Its best to reach out on steam, discord, or the forums (thought don't portray it as if one side is completely in the wrong).

Nothing malicious occurred. The atmosphere of TTT is naturally more heated and toxic, so even cool minds crack at the wrong times. Everyone should be respectful (jabs at friends that seem hostile don't apply to this, i mean respectful to the individual) to one another on the server. Staff particularly should remain respectful, as they are the arbitrator in these situations. Not saying this is a center issue on this thread, its just genuine matter of fact.

To anyone in this thread, avoid ad hominem whenever possible. If you leech onto a quality of an individual when making an argument, rather than an actual action or event, it just makes you seem petty.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
On the topic of this;

T Baiting, regardless of you being proven or not unless its via detective testor (or something) should be always kosable.
If someone shoots a deagle near me then they're gonna get capped.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
carrying a t weapon is t baiting and minder shouldnt have been slain thank u for ur time
bump to get this closed btw