Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earliest memory
(09-28-2021, 12:47 PM)nico Wrote: my first memory was definitely when i was standing on my stacks of cash i had at 2 years old, i remember i was wearing a chain and had my baby teeth in a grill and really was just feeling great. after i left the whitehouse i got to drink from my diamond studded bottle and was really happy. sadly thats all i remember

please dont shitpost this is a serious post. +2 warning.

(09-27-2021, 10:05 AM)bryanbrr Wrote: I don't know about yall but when I try to think about my earliest memories, I can only view them as pictures/instances.

I feel like no one is gonna read this, but here is an explanation in case anyone is curious!

Okay so for starters, remembering shit happens in three stages. First, you encode, or experience, the information. Next, you store the information. This is the process through which your brain chooses from the short-term memories you've encoded what it wants to store in long-term memory. It also decides what it wants to discard. Finally, you retrieve the information. Long-term memories that are older and haven't been retrieved in a while could require cues, like smells and sounds, to be retrieved.

Visual encoding, or any form of long-term encoding, is very limited at a young age. There's a pretty solid and widely accepted theory that your brain has a capacity, which grows as you (and your brain) grow. Our brains are especially talented at encoding pictures, more so than any other form of long-term memory. Think remembering the position of a card in Matching Pairs, vs remembering the order of every item in a grocery list.

Between the ages of 2 and 4 years, aka early childhood, you can store memories, but they are more limited and especially difficult to recall without cues. During this age range, your strongest memories will be visual. The most common visual memory would be a picture, but there is a chance that someone would have a flashbulb memory-- basically a brief memory of an event so traumatic that your brain just finds room for it.

This means that most of the time, you either form still visual memories or semantic/motor memories between the ages of 2 and 4. Until the age of 7, vivid episodic memories are going to be pretty rare, likely due to the capacity of a child's brain.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
In the back of the car sippin on a mf bug juice bottle that shit slapped too it was the blue flavor but i was going past a pre k that i really wanted to go to and then i WENT to it lmao
[Image: c9adb707fb.png]
[Image: 95257fa8be.png]
literally just walking down the stairs, nothing particular about the memory, nothing outstanding. I walked down the stairs

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
I remember coming to and waking up on this sort of wagon with a bunch of other guys. I was in handcuffs... that's all I remember.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
i forgor