Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the subject of racism
As far as the instances go, it just depends on the situation and how staff feels it should be handled. I normally will give a general warning for the lobby if I feel like someone is going to be racist, or pushing towards racism. (Slur baiting/inciting racism. Hinting towards racism or talking about it casually.) If someone says it once in VC then says it once in chat, I let them serve the mutes/gags. If someone is spamming it in both once acted on, I push it forward to the ban. It's really all just situational. Racism isn't tolerated but unless the policy is to change then it will continue to be acted on the same. If someone is muted for it once in VC or chat and they start spamming admin chat, I also push forward to the ban since it hasn't stopped.

I can't imagine it would be that bad of an idea to update the protocol to cover both VC and chat for the second instance.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]

(09-29-2021, 07:05 PM)Ryzif Wrote: As far as the instances go, it just depends on the situation and how staff feels it should be handled. I normally will give a general warning for the lobby if I feel like someone is going to be racist, or pushing towards racism. (Slur baiting/inciting racism. Hinting towards racism or talking about it casually.) If someone says it once in VC then says it once in chat, I let them serve the mutes/gags. If someone is spamming it in both once acted on, I push it forward to the ban. It's really all just situational. Racism isn't tolerated but unless the policy is to change then it will continue to be acted on the same. If someone is muted for it once in VC or chat and they start spamming admin chat, I also push forward to the ban since it hasn't stopped.

I can't imagine it would be that bad of an idea to update the protocol to cover both VC and chat for the second instance.
Thank you for a clear cut response, Ryzif.
I simply dont agree with the the way racism is handled in the PH server at this time. It should be more strict. As far as I'm concerned, we almost have a "slap on the wrist" mentality with it. If racism is 'not tolerated' than I think there should be a harsher consequence for using racist or bigoted language. Perhaps a 24 hour mute/gag or even ban. (this is not counting the warning given preliminary)

(09-29-2021, 06:37 PM)Jammin Wrote: I see this is in PH, where that may not be a bad idea. Frankly there is no reason to need that avenue of communication in PH, communication isnt a vital aspect of the game.
Same with DR - communication is not vital to the performance of the game.
But, up to those respective staff team members. If they don't mind having to keep an eye on two methods of communication, who am I to speak up.

In TTT and Murder, however, communication is integral to the game's operation. Restriction of the problem area while allowing game-vital communication to continue is likely the best method.
Reading your response back again , I understand what you mean. Please excuse my past ignorance, i read your reply wrong at first.