Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryzif Staff Abuse
Offender's Name: Ryzif

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:142037383

What Server(s): Prop Hunt

Offender's Rank: Test Mod

What They Did: I, and a few others I have mentioned below believe that I was unfairly banned for "Suicide Jokes, the pedo talk from last night, Targetting and harassment" I will address these in chronological order. When it came to the suicide joke"s", I made one and I made it in a satire taste. Ryzif the staff member in question here said verbatim; "I have lost respect for you and the ability to ever give you respect" to which I replied with "I may as well kill myself then if I cannot have your respect". I was then greeted with a ban message for 24 hours. While it is my understand NOW that suicide jokes are not tolerated I would have preferred some more notice than that. I respect that he was to do his job of moderating a bunch of people, I don't agree with the way he handled things. I was gagged previous for mentioning "step bro". The context for this was a player in the game said they were stuck over voice chat- I replied with "I can get my step bro he can help you", Ryzif told me no sexual content and while I understand the joke behind it, I didn't intent any sexual implications to be taken from it. I tried mentioning that to him but all he said was "enough" and then gagged me. When I asked what the gag was for he told me it was for "sexual content" which seemed a little unfair to me, I asked if I was able to be ungagged because I thought it was unfair and I was then greeted with a mute. Upon the next map change I challenged him verbally and told him it was unfair to give out such harsh punishments for such minute actions he said "if you don't like it then you can leave and I would prefer it if you do" which is very unwelcoming to a new player such as myself because I am here having fun and chatting in game chat with some of my new friends I have made in there. Ryzif was talking about how we are "immature brats who don't follow rules" but I countered with "power hungry" and was once again gagged. I have seen him gag another player for sneezing into the mic, which typically I could understand if it was a common occurance with that one individual but I only heard it once and it was an instant mute. As for the "Targetting" I don't know what he's referring to because I wasn't targetting or bothering anyone expect for him I presume. I could be wrong but no one else seemed to have any problems with me.  When it comes to the "pedo talk from last night" I have no clue what that means and I have people in game who can confirm that as well.

When They Did It: 9/28/21 

Potential Witnesses: Daddy Jesus, Brad, Oxy, BlackShadow, jboogs.

Proof: https://gyazo.com/d214c6ba96f0b259bceacf6cd8aee594 / https://gyazo.com/509a3fac0e1112077730917ce4a6a9a1 / https://gyazo.com/6bdb8e99156f907bdb3f27916337c12e

Other: N/A
First of all: Welcome to the forums!

Second of all: This is a case of "I didn't follow the rules and got banned for it so I'm gonna claim negligence even though I could've used common sense and not gotten myself banned"

Hello Brytan,

Thank you for making an abuse thread and following the format.  Almost all video relating to our encounters with you tonight is being uploaded to youtube as we speak.
I say almost because OBS decided to stop recording for a round or two due to hitting a certain file size and I didn't notice until after the fact.
Thank you for your patience, the videos will be posted tomorrow.
(09-28-2021, 09:43 PM)Damien Wrote: First of all: Welcome to the forums!

Second of all: This is a case of "I didn't follow the rules and got banned for it so I'm gonna claim negligence even though I could've used common sense and not gotten myself banned"

I appreciate your input. I just believe it could have been handled a different, more professional way than just handing out mutes and bans.
(09-28-2021, 09:45 PM)Brytan Wrote: I appreciate your input. I just believe it could have been handled a different, more professional way than just handing out mutes and bans.
That is how it is supposed to be handled. You say something against the MOTD/Rules you get gagged/muted for it. Keep saying dumb stuff you get warned, then banned.
The problem right here is your leaving proof in the private messages between people.

I will edit my comment after watching the proof.Can't say anything from these screenshots.
(09-28-2021, 09:45 PM)Brytan Wrote: I appreciate your input. I just believe it could have been handled a different, more professional way than just handing out mutes and bans.
I'm not sure how professional you need to be staffing a gmod server to make people happy but just know that nobody gets paid for staffing the server besides dink (obviously) and as the player you should always read the rules with !motd in game (the big screen that pop-up everytime you load into the server) we all try to staff to our best abilities. I'm not saying if there was or wasn't abuse until the video gets uploaded but I just thought that it should be said that we are just regular people too. Hav gud day.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
You have three screenshots of the same ban, but included dialogue of your troll group. That isn't really evidence. Also I was on with you guys last night and you were just a bunch of textbook trolls. Pushing the boundaries as far as you can and then getting pissed off when staff reacted. -1
Hi there! Thanks for going through the trouble of making an abuse report. I really appreciate you following through with the format. So many people miss that. Sorry it took so long, I had a decent amount of video to go through and even then I probably missed some stuff. 

Before the videos I'll throw the SS's.

No pedo jokes? [Image: sFNa2cC.png]
                       [Image: 2y88Ycn.png]
                       [Image: odt8pw7.png]
Neat. There's one thing off the list.

Targeting was probably mainly for me considering you just couldn't play the game and leave me alone. Of course there is also inciting racism which I forgot to add when banning you. My apologies.
[Image: WMQTnO7.png]

This little bit about the suicidal joke is in the video but I'll just post an SS of it as well. Which BTW you did actually receive a warning that I time stamped in the video I'm posting. You even acknowledged it and then asked about talking about homocide. Also if you check our rules on "suicide" You'll see that it's at the same time a gag/mute and a warning. Considering previous warnings, a night of trolling, joking/inciting racism, pedo jokes, harassment towards Zom13ae and also myself, multiple gags/mutes. I thought that would be a good point to slap you with a ban.
[Image: 5vZAtId.png]
[Image: libqUHV.png]

The time stamps on the big video are in the description. Like I said, I might have missed somethings in gaps of timestamps but I'm tired.

This second video is just the context of the situation involving the suicidal joke.

[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
I also like how you and your friends say "1984" whenever you get gagged and muted like you've read the book.