Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Nominations
I'm doing a solid -1 

The hell that comes from the nominate option is not needed on PH. There's enough problems as it is with players on PH. 

DR for the past month has had issues with the nominate feature, and I'm in process of having it removed if possible.
Can we get transparency on why it's a problem? The previously stated problem was people voting the same map constantly, but on TTT there are cooldowns for such a thing. Transparency is really key as to why.
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
(10-11-2021, 01:10 PM)Nazu(spooky) Wrote: Can we get transparency on why it's a problem? The previously stated problem was people voting the same map constantly, but on TTT there are cooldowns for such a thing. Transparency is really key as to why.
On dr for some reason players can nominate non dr maps apparently if I recall right. Idk why it’s doing that on dr but on ttt it’s fine. Ph it might be fine for it but idk. I’m not one of the experts when it comes to the coding and stuff for nomination.
eg jn0uvib[ofdj9dtjg=fkv
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
(10-11-2021, 01:25 PM)Nazu(spooky) Wrote: eg jn0uvib[ofdj9dtjg=fkv
Based

whatever you do tho, don’t add rtv
”oh this is gr- hey look we’re on waterworld again” or whatever your equivalent is these days. It comes back every year or two just to remind us it’s a bad idea.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Hi guys,

This is a more important and more 'in depth' explanation as to why I think nominating maps should be considered

The first argument is, you can vote for maps that aren't for PH, and crash the server

Answer - Okay.. why is this not being fixed? If it really IS something that cannot be FIXED, it should be removed then, which I agree with. Otherwise, if it CAN be reworked and fixed.. we should allow it.

Second, please add map nominations :)
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
(10-29-2021, 09:55 PM)Nazu(spooky) Wrote: Hi guys,

This is a more important and more 'in depth' explanation as to why I think nominating maps should be considered

The first argument is, you can vote for maps that aren't for PH, and crash the server

Answer - Okay.. why is this not being fixed? If it really IS something that cannot be FIXED, it should be removed then, which I agree with. Otherwise, if it CAN be reworked and fixed.. we should allow it.

because not enabling the feature at all is far simpler than actually fixing the problem thats preventing you from enabling the feature /s

the server has TF2 content mounted, normal gmod server installations don't have this, the solution would be to remove the TF2 content from the server
im gonna cry
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
(10-29-2021, 10:25 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:

because not enabling the feature at all is far simpler than actually fixing the problem thats preventing you from enabling the feature /s

the server has TF2 content mounted, normal gmod server installations don't have this, the solution would be to remove the TF2 content from the server
Really weird that dinks ph has tf2 mounted, I didn't even think about that. Also, from my understanding isn't the ttt map nomination addon going to be added to ph if the decision is made to add map nominations? To my knowledge that current map vote system that ttt uses has a good nomination feature and I'm hoping it doesn't have any exploits. 

I was opposed to the idea at first but as long as there are no exploits then I'm all in for a +1 on this idea ultimately.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
(10-30-2021, 12:46 AM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 10:25 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:

Really weird that dinks ph has tf2 mounted, I didn't even think about that. Also, from my understanding isn't the ttt map nomination addon going to be added to ph if the decision is made to add map nominations? To my knowledge that current map vote system that ttt uses has a good nomination feature and I'm hoping it doesn't have any exploits. 

I was opposed to the idea at first but as long as there are no exploits then I'm all in for a +1 on this idea ultimately.
Seriously. Please read.. someone :\
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!