Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convert SteamIDs to profile links with a calculator
There's no special tricks behind converting the steamids we see in game from that type to steamid64 and steamid3 (the kind you see in CSGO), it's all just math. Math so easy that you can actually do it on your calculator:

Convert steamid to steamid3 profile link:
Let X, Y and Z equal these components of the steamid: STEAM_X:Y:Z
Use the formula W=Z*2+Y and convert to this link:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/[U:1:W]

And it's that easy. Multiply the last part by 2, add the middle to it, slam it on the end of that link, and you have a profile URL.

You can actually convert steamids to steamid64, but the numbers are a little bigger:
Let X, Y and Z equal these components of the steamid: STEAM_X:Y:Z
Let V equal the account identifier for normal user accounts: 76561197960265728
Use the formula W=Z*2+V+Y and convert to this link:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/W
As cool and amazing as this might be.

I hate math and have failed every math class i was ever in.
or let these convert them for you and give you the profile link: 
No math required. 

I will say that this is impressive... Math in action, who knew
While this is a neat breakdown of how SteamID's work I will have to agree with Triangle in that it is WAY easier and less time consuming to simply put the ID into one of the SteamID websites as they tend to give you a nice break down of different information all at once.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
i wrote this for fun, why would you actually do this on a calculator
(10-03-2021, 06:03 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: i wrote this for fun, why would you actually do this on a calculator

Because you are a nerd
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(10-03-2021, 06:03 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: i wrote this for fun, why would you actually do this on a calculator
Boredom probably. Not to mention this is cool anyway and ngl I was kinda tempted to do this whenever I get bored nowadays XD.