Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October Moderation Update
Proud of you nurds for getting these changes moving. Fully support you both on this new adventure. Let's just hope Travis immediately doesn't break shit.
Someone who is banned for illegal/sexual activities shouldn't be getting any sort of second chance no matter what so a giga ban sounds good to me.
Is forum mod going to be a rank that is applied for going forward or are you going to hand pick them?
(10-11-2021, 09:53 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Or i could have a community ban rank to differentiate...
I actually don't mind having this.
So you have a subsection called Forum Ban Appeal where someone with a banned rank can post a thread under moderation until someone who runs the forums/you approves it to not be a shitpost. Those with Community Banned rank can't even do that.
Granted that's like a "it just came to my head" thought though so take it as you will.
Either way I am personally glad to find more ways for people to engage in a larger scale in the community other than just inciting/fighting drama.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(10-11-2021, 11:05 PM)Battons Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 09:53 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Or i could have a community ban rank to differentiate...
So you have a subsection called Forum Ban Appeal where someone with a banned rank can post a thread under moderation until someone who runs the forums/you approves it to not be a shitpost. Those with Community Banned rank can't even do that.
Granted that's like a "it just came to my head" thought though so take it as you will.
Either way I am personally glad to find more ways for people to engage in a larger scale in the community other than just inciting/fighting drama.
Yeah I was in vc last night going over how this could work. I need to test a couple of things but it should be a very easy task. Plus then we have various bans in different sorted categories, tho not all are on forums based on the “fish list”

laced,
Currently I probably will for the next couple as we make the team, tho I don’t have any other candidates picked. I won’t have apps till at least the guidelines are mostly finished. That being said this will be a smaller team than even discord since we have less actual foot traffic and admins will always retain their individual sections. If we need more than 3 web mods I’ll be surprised, but it depends on how much time they can contribute and how involved they will be on maintenance. The admin panel really should only have a few (2-3) people with the panel access we give currently for security reasons so that’s going to be a big factor down the road; if that will mostly reside with some server admins for ease or if the web team will be a truly dedicated team. Front end powers (moderation) will still remain with server admins regardless since that’s a lesser issue.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Hopefully these changes help improve the quality of the forums. We've seen too many applications in the past (specifically ban appeals or PH staff apps in my opinion) go haywire because somebody's decided to start being a "menace." It may be just an online Gmod community forum, but it's still obnoxious to deal with that.
(10-11-2021, 11:05 PM)Battons Wrote:
Implemented. Currently it doesn’t moderate - I may tweak that but it was being a bitch in testing on the phone. Community banned has 0 perms, and regular banned can only post in their own unban threads.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon