Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
general suggestions/changes
Hello,

I have been playing on this server for the past couple of weeks and have been playing TTT in general since 2013, the server is pretty fun and I have had lots of good times on it so far.  This is one of the last couple servers that doesn't have shitty lootboxes where you get upgraded guns that kill in a millisecond and a 3 gig download.  There are some issues that I would like to bring up that make the server sometimes mildly annoying to outright bullshit.  Yes, I know I have joined the server and did a little trolling a couple of times but what I am saying isn't about me (mostly) its things I have witnessed while on the server.
            The very first thing is the jetpacks, they are really fun to use and jump around the server with but there are some glaring issues that make new players have a massive disadvantage as well as destroys the hitreg of a 34 tick gmod server.  Firstly, these jump packs give new players a huge disadvantage since people who have these jump packs can bhop way easier than without, as well as stick half their hitbox into the ceiling which makes getting headshots and sometimes bodyshots impossible.  Not only those two issues but the jump pack costs 100,000 credits which is an insane amount of credits to have to get to afford the item. (sure you start with 50,000 and can join the discord but that's besides the point)  Most new players will not join the discord especially on their first time or two on the server no matter what the incentive is.  The second is that the tickrate is so low that the constant movement with the jetpack makes lots of bullets not register which can make the jetpacks even more bull than previously.  I think they should be removed and maybe add an item to lower fall damage or lower the gravity of the server a bit if anything.
            The second thing is a lack of staff, usually I am on between 9pm-whenever late.  Around this time the server is full for awhile but there is usually only one or two people online that can handle reports/ deal with staff issues on the server.  I personally have seen 2 mods and 0 of any rank above that on the server at any time, they could be on at times that I am not on and I get people have their lives to live but one would assume higher ranks would be on when the server is full to help newer staff and to make sure the server is being run correctly.  On that note, there have been multiple instances of staff who ignore reports, or don't communicate with the person who reported when they choose to handle it.  Some rdm accidentally and sometimes purposefully and do not slay themselves when the person they rdmed wants them to and is in the right for wanting it.  (Not really sure of what the role of trusted does on this server but if they can slay/handle reports I am considering them staff)  If there were higher ranked staff on the server more often this would not happen (assuming they are competent) since they would make sure that the staff are being held to the same rules as the rest of the server.
            Finally, I would like to talk about the map pool and traitor weapons.  I do not know who created this map pool, but most of the maps in it are actually the worst maps to possibly have.  If you were to look at the cycle of maps you would most likely see the same 4-5 maps being played over and over proving this point.  I believe NORMAL dolls should be added and not minecraft dolls, and a lot of the maps that are pretty much never played should be removed for either better maps or nothing.  The detective weapons on this server are the most interesting and cool weapons I've seen, the shield gun detective turret, bat ect..  But, the traitor weapons on the other hand are pretty underwhelming.  Most of them are terrible and should never be bought or used, there are a few that can be worth it but when armor, radar, turret or awp only 4 T weapons are pretty much the only good things to buy out of so many weapons is very disappointing.
             I just want what is best for your server so I and others can continue to have a fun time on it sorry for the long message.
….

welcome igz
[Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.png...height=701]
"jetpacks

map pool   I do not know who created this map pool, but most of the maps in it are actually the worst maps to possibly have. 

traitor weapons on the other hand are pretty underwhelming.  Most of them are terrible and should never be bought or used, there are a few that can be worth it but when armor, radar, turret or awp only 4 T weapons are pretty much the only good things to buy out of so many weapons is very disappointing."

For the jetpack part.... screaming into a brick-wall... trust me alot of people and admins tried to get rid of them... the community wanted them back 

Map Pool talk.. blame Nicol

T weapon part... there are some nice/busted/niche weapons that offer risk and reward... Banana Bomb loud as fuck but good AOE splash damage.... Holy Hand Grenade if toss before explosion easily the strongest "silent" group killer as in your hand it's just a normal discombob but people spot who has thrown the grenade and will hunt you and wait to KOS unless they hear the "hallelujah" ... RSB's aka you plant a bomb on a target, charge it, and boom my favorite T weapon and hardest to pull off but so so satisfying to get a quad.... A lot more experimental/niche T weapons that I intentionally left off but all you gotta do is just trial and error. 

I enjoy the long message and voice of concern but sadly people before and most likely after you will talk about everything you have just said.... hate to disappoint
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
I'll look at the rest later, but with regards to staff, anyone wiht the rank "Trusted" "Test Mod" "Moderator" and "Admin" are all considsered staff. So you may have seen more staff on than not.
If you need staff for an emergency situation when no staff are available, you can also use the discord to ping on-call staff.

Welcome to the server!
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(10-13-2021, 01:49 AM)Jammin Wrote: I'll look at the rest later, but with regards to staff, anyone wiht the rank "Trusted" "Test Mod" "Moderator" and "Admin" are all considsered staff. So you may have seen more staff on than not.
If you need staff for an emergency situation when no staff are available, you can also use the discord to ping on-call staff.

Welcome to the server!
I assumed test mod+ was considered staff but good to know that trusted is too wasn't sure
We love seeing detailed feedback like this, so don’t worry about it being “too long” or whatever, the detail and time you took writing it is greatly appreciated. Direct, deep feedback like this is very helpful to us + upper management in general to get the best feel as to what people want, as sometimes what’s said on the server can be very spur-of-the-moment and more of a “loud minority” type thing rather than what most feel, but don’t bother to say. Pretty much, this kind detailed feedback is one of the biggest helps in improving the server, and I’ll be sure to get to each section of what you wrote later. Thanks again for the thread, feel free to continue giving whatever feedback or criticisms you have here, cause we DO listen to it (feedback can sometimes get lost in the discord unless you dm myself or another staff member).
(10-13-2021, 12:58 AM)pizza pasta Wrote: Hello,

I have been playing on this server for the past couple of weeks and have been playing TTT in general since 2013, the server is pretty fun and I have had lots of good times on it so far.  This is one of the last couple servers that doesn't have shitty lootboxes where you get upgraded guns that kill in a millisecond and a 3 gig download.  There are some issues that I would like to bring up that make the server sometimes mildly annoying to outright bullshit.  Yes, I know I have joined the server and did a little trolling a couple of times but what I am saying isn't about me (mostly) its things I have witnessed while on the server.
You troll.... JK
            The very first thing is the jetpacks, they are really fun to use and jump around the server with but there are some glaring issues that make new players have a massive disadvantage as well as destroys the hitreg of a 34 tick gmod server.  Firstly, these jump packs give new players a huge disadvantage since people who have these jump packs can bhop way easier than without, as well as stick half their hitbox into the ceiling which makes getting headshots and sometimes bodyshots impossible.  Not only those two issues but the jump pack costs 100,000 credits which is an insane amount of credits to have to get to afford the item. (sure you start with 50,000 and can join the discord but that's besides the point)  Most new players will not join the discord especially on their first time or two on the server no matter what the incentive is.  The second is that the tickrate is so low that the constant movement with the jetpack makes lots of bullets not register which can make the jetpacks even more bull than previously.  I think they should be removed and maybe add an item to lower fall damage or lower the gravity of the server a bit if anything.
Roughly about two months ago we had an experimental period with no Jumppack at all on the server. We took feedback about the change and an overwhelming majority voted to keep it but with some possible future changes. The admin team has spent some time tinkering with it to keep the feel of the jumppack regular but also fix the glaring issue of players putting their head in the ceiling. 
            The second thing is a lack of staff, usually I am on between 9pm-whenever late.  Around this time the server is full for awhile but there is usually only one or two people online that can handle reports/ deal with staff issues on the server.  I personally have seen 2 mods and 0 of any rank above that on the server at any time, they could be on at times that I am not on and I get people have their lives to live but one would assume higher ranks would be on when the server is full to help newer staff and to make sure the server is being run correctly.  On that note, there have been multiple instances of staff who ignore reports, or don't communicate with the person who reported when they choose to handle it.  Some rdm accidentally and sometimes purposefully and do not slay themselves when the person they rdmed wants them to and is in the right for wanting it.  (Not really sure of what the role of trusted does on this server but if they can slay/handle reports I am considering them staff)  If there were higher ranked staff on the server more often this would not happen (assuming they are competent) since they would make sure that the staff are being held to the same rules as the rest of the server.
TBH this is mainly a timing thing. I dont know if you have this issue based on timezone or what not but, i'm playing almost everyday and have atleast 2-3 other staff members on. You can view our current active staff list HERE though to see what our staff pool looks like. 
            Finally, I would like to talk about the map pool and traitor weapons.  I do not know who created this map pool, but most of the maps in it are actually the worst maps to possibly have.  If you were to look at the cycle of maps you would most likely see the same 4-5 maps being played over and over proving this point.  I believe NORMAL dolls should be added and not minecraft dolls, and a lot of the maps that are pretty much never played should be removed for either better maps or nothing.  The detective weapons on this server are the most interesting and cool weapons I've seen, the shield gun detective turret, bat ect..  But, the traitor weapons on the other hand are pretty underwhelming.  Most of them are terrible and should never be bought or used, there are a few that can be worth it but when armor, radar, turret or awp only 4 T weapons are pretty much the only good things to buy out of so many weapons is very disappointing.
Map pool is something I think can generally be improved. I do believe that the maps we have are very fun, some more fun than others, but still fun nonetheless. I think there are a few solutions to how this issue can be addressed. 1. Map cooldown - Increasing map cooldown will allow overplayed maps (Inno Motel cough cough) to be selected less often. I do agree that there are 5-7 maps on constant rotation but limiting how often those are played will allow players to have unique new experiences on other maps that are less often played. There are some less desirable maps on the server but none the less i think this is a good first step. 2. Adding more community favored maps - This can be done by taking a large poll from the community and adding what everyone likes. Parameters will need to be met though to ensure that filesizes arent to large and there are enough spawns for 32 players.
Topic of T/D weapons though, I disagree. The way in which we choose our items comes from perspective of balance and ease of use. We dont like to have overly broken weapons and thats reflected by making them somewhat skilled based. We recently made changes to the knife for T that only allow one-hit kill from the back. I currently think T/D weapons are a non issue but im always down to testing/implementing new ones that work well. 

I just want what is best for your server so I and others can continue to have a fun time on it sorry for the long message.
Thank you for the honest feedback. We are glad you are a part of our community and want to see it continually grow!
Hello, My responses will be in RED.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
T/d weapons are actually in a great spot. For T, you didn't mention the booze, trident, slams, body bombs, cloaking device (I use this one a lot), dart gun, etc.

Jump pack is not going to get removed. There was a poll on keeping or removing it and it was overwhelmingly voted in favor of keeping it.
Jump pack makes me want to fuckign detonate but people want to keep it soooo we're stuck with it.. I have a fix for the fall damage thing that can be easily tuned, and the jump pack can be easily tuned, so maybe one day we'll get a weaker version. As for the hitreg thing, that's partially the jump pack's fault because you can jump so high and move so fast, but this is also garry's mod.. once you take half life 2 deathmatch and throw it into a blender with 40 other addons running on top, PLUS 30 people playing at the same time with custom playermodels and pets, shit gets wack. You can crank the tickrate to 66 to fix some of these problems, but unlike a vanilla TTT server, wayyy too much stuff happens per server tick to do that without some crazy server hardware. If I remember correctly our game server host gives us a CPU that boost somewhere between 4-4.7GHz, which is pretty dang fast. Only way you're getting a faster tickrate is throwing the pointshop in the garbage, or by liquid nitrogen cooling the server :P
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(10-13-2021, 07:42 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Jump pack makes me want to fuckign detonate but people want to keep it soooo we're stuck with it.. I have a fix for the fall damage thing that can be easily tuned, and the jump pack can be easily tuned, so maybe one day we'll get a weaker version. As for the hitreg thing, that's partially the jump pack's fault because you can jump so high and move so fast, but this is also garry's mod.. once you take half life 2 deathmatch and throw it into a blender with 40 other addons running on top, PLUS 30 people playing at the same time with custom playermodels and pets, shit gets wack. You can crank the tickrate to 66 to fix some of these problems, but unlike a vanilla TTT server, wayyy too much stuff happens per server tick to do that without some crazy server hardware. If I remember correctly our game server host gives us a CPU that boost somewhere between 4-4.7GHz, which is pretty dang fast. Only way you're getting a faster tickrate is throwing the pointshop in the garbage, or by liquid nitrogen cooling the server :P

It's honestly just jump pack. The week or so when we had no jump pack the hitreg was fucking pristine. Maybe like 1 instance of bad reg every 3 maps. Now it's every 3 rounds again. But the people have spoken so it is what it is.