Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder Admin
I'm down for it, tired of servers other than PH and TTT being "third wheels" of our network, not having good administration certainly doesn't fix that
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
I agree with Laced; I'm also against unresigning and getting your rank back immediately.

However, before completely just dismissing your case, I asked myself, "Who else would do it?"  Would we just throw some random TTT or PH admin in charge of it and watch them do nothing for the server? Or would we put it upon somebody who isn't capable or ready for the pinnacle position of admin? These both are shitty ideas. 

ANALYSIS:

-"Roughness"
This isn't an issue. Someone in a top position such as Admin needs to be able to draw a line and stomp on anything that crosses it. Bluntness is a great strength if it is used properly; I've not had much interaction with you in that regard, but from what I've seen on this thread and others, you seem to have your head on a swivel. 

-"Staff Hatred" 

Yeah, if you're running around saying you hate staffing and then suddenly have a change of heart, I don't know how I feel about that one. Something that stuck out to me from your answer to Fish was the following: "I just wanted to fix things without being called Admin." This sentiment just rubbed me the wrong way to be completely honest. 

Your response to Jammin however, gave me a different opinion. I respect your response to him about wanting to help Norm; the bit about not shutting down growth is important, that's a strong leadership quality. There are still concerns about you doing it Long Term though for me.

RULING:

I'll be honest; I'm not entirely sure if you are going to stay long term. You say you are, but I would rather see if you stick at it for bit longer before getting your position back. (This will be a strange take, but I think this would be a good test to see if you would actually stay long term.)

-1 On Admin Rank Reinstated
BUT
+1 on Having Moderator Rank Reinstated

My reasoning is this: if you're serious about staying long term, you would stick to Mod and then after a month or so, you could then apply for admin. That way you can erase any doubt that people would have for you only being here for the short term. If you're already doing the work (I'm going to assume you never lost your admin rank on the server, hence why you can do the work), there isn't a need to fully deny you readmittance to the staff team, but I think to just give you admin back is jumping the gun a little.

Good Luck on your app, Nuru.

I have no issues with you being Murder Admin. 

I've seen first hand the things you did as PH Admin and have conversed with you more recently about changes you are/wanting to make to Murder (Maps, Accessories, Models, etc.). 

You've got your priorities set, and if you keep them as they are now I don't forsee any issues of being burnt out again or overworking yourself.  

If you need help, there's also the Admin team available to give additional insight if needed. 

Best of luck, not that you really need it 
(insert Finger guns)
It would be a waste of time to not give the rank considering she’s already been doing the admin actions for the last several weeks. +1 get this donor staffing out of here

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
+1 she's doing all the admin crap anyways just make it official i missed u smuru
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(10-11-2021, 07:57 AM)David Wrote: -snip-
Thank you for being someone to give another point here. As in like something else to discuss.
Sorry in advance if my brain makes all this sound funny, my brains been in a manic mode all day lmao.

I also am against unresigning and immediately coming back. That why I waited until I hit a month of working on things. I still don't like it, but I sat at the impass of thoughts like you did on, who else is qualified or knows how, or can do things, and has the time.
Then on top of that doing small things slowly over time started helping my mental state.
That brings us to point two you pointed out the change of heart I had on staff. To give a better idea where my hate came from, and fish can attest to this if needed, I was solo admin with no training, help, etc, for months and months, and when I begged for help and getting another admin in to get the load off, it got brushed off. By the time I did get help, I was burnt out, I had other staff relying on me, players bagging on me, etc. I spent weeks talking with Fish Matt and a few others on whether resigning was the thing to do or not, because I DO love dinks people. It was a lot of weight on my shoulders. Then everything happened with the community bans and I beat myself up relentlessly, because to us newer admins it was a thought of "Oh they can just appeal!" where as most others knew it was a death sentence. I crashed and burned hard and I dipped and that's where the hate for staff came from.

What changed my mind? Hanging around the past few months, reconnecting with my ph people, connecting with those on murder, coming back to harass people on TTT and meet new ones to harass (insert lenny here)
Over this last month though what really made me flip was helping out and feeling like I used to before all the mess and weight started. And I'm not alone this time. Norm has been a tremendous help, Milly, Dink, and Darkkran, along with some of the other admins. I have been carrying out full admin duties for the past month. This wasn't a spry of the moment thing like a lot of people think, it took some consideration and talking with a lot of people.

As for the "I wanted to fix things without being called admin" Was in part of what I stated above about my previous adminship feeling like the entire world was crushing down on me. It gave me anxiety, and a couple of panic attacks at first. Then when I opened up about it to a few of my close friends here in dinks, they helped me over come that, and talked it out with me to get to the point where I am now. It's taken me a bit to realize, it's not the same as before, I'm not alone, and I have support this time. I really am sorry  that rubbed you the wrong way, but I hope this better explained it.

Also I'm sorry for the huge wall of text rip
I don't mind just waiting it out longer, and doing what I already am. I just wanted it more formally so I could handle forum stuff better but I will keep pushing it through to others and wait it out. You're pretty correct on it's better to wait and see how I handle it rather than rush in. I'd like to say I'll keep this course like Voss said and not burn out, since I have a lot more support this time. I really appreciate the feedback and thank you.
(10-11-2021, 04:29 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: Also I'm sorry for the huge wall of text rip

No need to apologize if you're giving a thorough explanation lol.

I appreciate you taking the time to give me a response! 

I have a different perspective now that I have more context on your staffing history; I think anyone who had to John Wick the entire time would get burnt out pretty easily. There's another admin I know of who also had the same problem leading up to their resignation also. I personally think you having a team will help reduce your chances of burning out; whether or not you get your position reinstated immediately, I think either way will ultimately be a good way to go. I personally just feel that if you were to spend a little longer working WITH them instead of OVER them, you could develop more chemistry so that way when you're back as the admin, it would be a smoother transition. Of course, that might not even be necessary; I have no idea what the current chemistry is amongst the murder staff.

My vote stays the same, but I believe that if you do get the position, you'll do a fine job. 

Thank you.
(10-11-2021, 09:58 PM)David Wrote: No need to apologize if you're giving a thorough explanation lol.

I appreciate you taking the time to give me a response! 

I have a different perspective now that I have more context on your staffing history; I think anyone who had to John Wick the entire time would get burnt out pretty easily. There's another admin I know of who also had the same problem leading up to their resignation also. I personally think you having a team will help reduce your chances of burning out; whether or not you get your position reinstated immediately, I think either way will ultimately be a good way to go. I personally just feel that if you were to spend a little longer working WITH them instead of OVER them, you could develop more chemistry so that way when you're back as the admin, it would be a smoother transition. Of course, that might not even be necessary; I have no idea what the current chemistry is amongst the murder staff.

My vote stays the same, but I believe that if you do get the position, you'll do a fine job. 

Thank you.
I hate them all. Specifically that norm guy, he calls me short. :^ )  (NORM THIS IS A JOKE OK)
I do believe I'll take the wait it out route, at minimum a few more weeks. At most a few months. I'll see when they prefer it in staff.
sorry one more thing; Kaptain wanted me to say this for him since his service is shit while he’s out at seas:

“Hey you short shit, my thoughts mostly align with David’s. I’ve been hoping Norm would take up the mantle for a while. I have no issue with you coming back as staff but I would like to see a situation similar to dong’s where you come back as a moderator for a month or two and then take up the admin position. Apologies for the delay on this, internet has been scarce while I’m out at sea. Best of luck.”

-KaptainLes
(10-12-2021, 06:26 PM)David Wrote: sorry one more thing; Kaptain wanted me to say this for him since his service is shit while he’s out at seas:

“Hey you short shit, my thoughts mostly align with David’s. I’ve been hoping Norm would take up the mantle for a while. I have no issue with you coming back as staff but I would like to see a situation similar to dong’s where you come back as a moderator for a month or two and then take up the admin position. Apologies for the delay on this, internet has been scarce while I’m out at sea. Best of luck.”

-KaptainLes
I MISS HIM SM THAT SHIT HEAD. As for that, the two weeks wait that I'm going to do, it'll add on and more than complete the two months. I've actually been back and doing stuff for the server since August since I still have admin rank on server. (You can check changelog as that's where I took over because changelog is important to dink and for checking on dates for rollbacks etc.) I waited until now to pop up for the community feedback on admin because I figured that was long enough, but two more weeks won't hurt if that's what people prefer :)

As for Norm taking over, like i said before that's fine, but later in the future because he has a lot to learn with working with a team, handling larger groups of trolls, etc. He still needs to grow into the moderator role a little but he knows this! I will get him admin ready though, I promise.