Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Icey's Staff App
In game Name: Icey

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:547055111

Discord Tag: Icey#6573

Time Played: 318 Hours

When First Joined: January 28, 2020

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I would say I'm on the majority of the time in the afternoon. Occasionally I'm on earlier in the day or around midnight. My time zone is Mountain Standard Time (MST).

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Regular 

What can you do to help the community: So I've been around for about a year now and have seen a lot of people come and go. I feel like I've been a great player throughout my time in the server and I get along well with the community. I'm applying because I want more responsibility and a chance to help push the server into the right direction. I know that as a trusted I would be able to make the right decisions during situations and work together with fellow staff members and players to make the server as welcoming and fun as possible. One of my main goals as trusted would be to help newer players understand the rules while giving them a reason to want to continue playing. This isn't to say that I wouldn't be able to handle punishments if presented with problems. I just feel as though a lot of the times, a player gets punished without being given a reason or an explanation on why what they did was wrong and how they can avoid said punishment in the future. 

Why you want to help the community: I want to be able to handle reports and help maintain the rules of the server. I remember being a little guest joining the server and being intimidated by all the laughing and different ranks present. I want to be able to help new and old players alike to feel comfortable on the server. I've made a lot of great friends and memories on Dinks and I believe that I can handle the responsibility to help maintain the rules so other players can make great memories as well.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Nope

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): Nope

How did you find us?: server list :^)

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes

Other: N/A
Not sure if it matters but you did kinda dip for a week and come back

[Image: 433e6d0eeee472f3ebe309171a6d6525.png]

https://gyazo.com/433e6d0eeee472f3ebe309171a6d6525[Image: 81670bc5ee1b645153f86490efa97150.png]

https://gyazo.com/81670bc5ee1b645153f86490efa97150
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
(10-13-2021, 10:04 PM)Nazu(spooky) Wrote: Not sure if it matters but you did kinda dip for a week and come back

[Image: 433e6d0eeee472f3ebe309171a6d6525.png]

https://gyazo.com/433e6d0eeee472f3ebe309171a6d6525[Image: 81670bc5ee1b645153f86490efa97150.png]

https://gyazo.com/81670bc5ee1b645153f86490efa97150
Yeah I finished the rest of my training for the Air Force last week, and just now got moved back into my apartment at home. Activity should be steady from here on out <3
Epic sauce I +1 for constant activity and very good player. He is likeable by all. Hated by the cringe.
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
Alright Sweaty man, time to give you a reply.

PROS/
-Active
-Well Liked By The Community
-Knows The Rles

CONS/
- A bit of a troll but he's funny so it's fine.

Overall +1 since you smell like gamer sweat.

I'll pose a few questions too while I'm at it:

Will you be able to punish people fairly, Friend or Foe?

Will you blend your trollish side well with staffing?

Can you get out of the ceiling?

That is all
(10-13-2021, 10:53 PM)Damien Wrote: Alright Sweaty man, time to give you a reply.

PROS/
-Active
-Well Liked By The Community
-Knows The Rles

CONS/
- A bit of a troll but he's funny so it's fine.

Overall +1 since you smell like gamer sweat.

I'll pose a few questions too while I'm at it:

Will you be able to punish people fairly, Friend or Foe?

Will you blend your trollish side well with staffing?

Can you get out of the ceiling?

That is all
Thanks for this response dude! You bring of some valid points and I appreciate the criticism. Answer to your questions: 

I absolutely would be able to punish fairly. I know it can be much harder then it sounds, but I understand that no one is exempt from rules, staff or average player alike. I think that though I do troll a little bit, it is always harmless. I have never slurred or even been warned to my knowledge. I also tend to only mess with players that I know understand my humor or jokes and make sure that if I do something, it doesn't have an impact on a players enjoyability on the game. I love these questions though. I'm not going to sit here and type that I'm a perfect player but I will say that I have a lot of growing to do. I know that if I get this rank, I'm bound to make mistakes (hopefully not big ones), but I hope that I can use the experience to become a better version of myself. 

As for the ceiling question: remove jet packs :^)
(10-13-2021, 10:53 PM)Damien Wrote: Can you get out of the ceiling?
[Image: 14test.png]

Shitposting aside, I think you have potential to become a good staff member

your overall activity is fine enough to join the ranks especially in the afternoon/later in the evening are good and exactly what we need in those timezones.
you know the rules and okay with pulling punches and don't get yourself too heated and you had a somewhat recent staff abuse report associated with you and another staff member and you handled it correctly.  
and the questions Damien posted are very accurate and well thought-out and self explanatory (wow Damien i'm impressed)

with proper training and a good mentor you can just do well in our ranks, I'm all for more people applying for staff especially people with "unique" play time and understanding when to get off to reduce burn out.

+1 you have my vote dude

MATT DONT BREAK MY KNEECAPS FOR THAT MEME ABOVE PLEASE!
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
Damien actually asking critical questions on a staff app without jumping straight to +1's? Holy moly.

All jokes aside, as has been stated. You have good activity, you seem like you have your head straight on about the rules. (With that time I'd certainly hope)

You haven't seemed like a bad guy in the times I was playing with you. Just sweaty as all hell. (Some still talk about the legend of Icey actually having a torso.)

I think you'd do fine to head up to Trusted at this point with it being the starting place for staff. 

I have no issues with you moving forward.

+1
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
A long time ago me and icey were trying to get trusted together and be trusted brothers he definitely wants to be staff and in my opinion would be good as staff with training of course Icey has been super active lately and I really do think he’d be good I am his friend of course and I don’t wanna choose favorites but he’d be really good as staff 

People like him he's chill and makes others laugh  Dodgy Dodgy  I don't see why he wouldn't be getting staff I think he's more that capable of handling staff position I have never seen icey get mad or EXPLODE with anger over Garry's Mod.... because he knows it's just a game and nothing crazy to get mad about.

With the trolling stuff in mind I haven't seen much of the trolling besides little comments here and there

100%           +1     I hope u get the rank Dawg!!
[Image: BbGd4LU.jpeg]
The few times I've ever been on TTT, Icey's been on. They're fun, they help out, they lightly troll but not in a horrendous way, and they're liked by people on server. What more can you ask for a trusted?
+1