Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Icey's Staff App
(10-13-2021, 09:47 PM)spookyicey Wrote: One of my main goals as trusted would be to help newer players understand the rules while giving them a reason to want to continue playing. This isn't to say that I wouldn't be able to handle punishments if presented with problems. I just feel as though a lot of the times, a player gets punished without being given a reason or an explanation on why what they did was wrong and how they can avoid said punishment in the future. 
I like and respect this answer tbh. A staff member should indeed try to at least explain to players why doing certain things would be wrong in the server. Anyway the dipping for a week part may be one of the things that hold him back however looking at game tracker his activity is almost excellent except for that one little break so it may not be that big of a deal. Everything else I wanted to say has already been said by others basically so I’ll just 1+ this saying that icey has potential.
+1, very nice folk
I'm not gonna lie, seeing this one actually surprised me for once (which isn't a bad thing).

You definitely tried to be a bit of a punk to me when we first interacted, but never genuinely annoyed me, and you definitely mellowed out as time went on. Literally everyone has a few bumps in the road here and there, so don't sweat it. A little bit of trolling never hurt anyone, least of all me, and some of our best staff members like to have a bit of fun now and then--just make sure you know when it's time to goof off, and when it's not; this seems to be something you've already been working on for a while now, though, so I'm really not too worried.

Just because I didn't envision you to make a staff application doesn't mean I think you wouldn't make a good staff member--quite the opposite. With a bit of training, I imagine you'll be able to roll with the punches just fine. Myself, as well as other staff members, would be happy to train you and answer any questions you may have.

Something that does interest me in particular is your fairly apparent individuality when it comes to voicing your opinions, as shown below. I personally believe this to be one of the qualities of any good staff member, and I'd like to see that have a chance to freely develop. Hopefully you can find that being staff here is the perfect climate to do so in.
(10-13-2021, 09:47 PM)spookyicey Wrote: One of my main goals as trusted would be to help newer players understand the rules while giving them a reason to want to continue playing. This isn't to say that I wouldn't be able to handle punishments if presented with problems. I just feel as though a lot of the times, a player gets punished without being given a reason or an explanation on why what they did was wrong and how they can avoid said punishment in the future. 

You say you know that you'd make the right decisions as Trusted? I tend to agree. +1 and good luck on your application.

The only piece of bad news I have for you is that now you're raising my expectations. I hope to see you exceed them.

Impress me.
-H
Word tough, I had a problem with you in the past but the way you handled it even a couple months ago and the growth I’ve seen in you since really does lead me to believe that you could be a great addition to the staff team. +1
After reading this application this is what stands out to me:
  • Been around for some time/experienced
  • Gets along well with the community (not a fun kill but not a dumb troll either)
  • Confident (he KNOWS he would make the right decisions/work with staff well)
  • Wants the responsibility (motivated)
This is not an app I expected, nor someone I was monitoring as "Potential staff material." But, looking back, I don't know how Icey slipped through the cracks.
This is an excellent staff app with clear time effort and motivation behind it.

The only issue is what I think is causing several to say "wow i didn't expect this" - the lack of community engagement outside of the server. I've seen you on discord more, I'd say bump up the forum interaction some/work on more ban requests.
But, both ban requests did end in a ban, though one was upgraded to a perma.

In any case, that can be hashed out with training. +1
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Hi, your application has been ACCEPTED. Welcome to the team.
Some advice that I think will help.
There are times when people will try to upset you, or you may think that it's us vs them. That is not the case. There are two big ways to engage in a situation, reacting and responding.
Stopping yourself before saying something might be the difference between helping someone and making a situation worse.
I look forward to your future here. :)
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]