Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder Rules Rework
(10-23-2021, 01:03 AM)MillyDilly` Wrote: mu_springbreak
mu_springbreak_dinks
This is Rule suggestions please put these in the right area.
I know norm will -1 this but jumppack are just not as big of an issue in murder.
I can assure August's aimlock works perfectly fine even when I'm holding space bar.
But removing would not be nearly as detrimental here as it would be in TTT.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(10-23-2021, 12:54 AM)Mother Nuru. Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 08:10 PM)dan Wrote: if you allow rdm, i’ll join more often
I'll put in the rules rdm is only allowed on Dan :^)
leave it in small fine print and i’ll be okay with this
(10-23-2021, 06:57 AM)Jammin Wrote: I know norm will -1 this but jumppack are just not as big of an issue in murder.
I can assure August's aimlock works perfectly fine even when I'm holding space bar.
I respect your opinion.But I disagree.

I still think jumpack is pretty unfair.Especially if you're murder and you don't have a jumpack,just watch people jumping on roofs and get frustrated.

Just easy example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4VaIMmSZE
(10-23-2021, 06:57 AM)Jammin Wrote: I know norm will -1 this but jumppack are just not as big of an issue in murder.

Trust me, my hacks are ALWAYS on.
Jk

For real though I do believe the Jump pack is a benefit, but a detriment to the server at the same time. They are incredible fun to use, are very useful for getting to hard to reach places easier, and are great for escaping the murderer or chasing down bystanders. It's also fantastic at avoiding fall damage, especially of some unsavory fella (norm) pushes you off a high place.

There lies the problem though. The Jump pack does give you a massive advantage over newer users, and some may find it frustrating and have voiced their frustrations in the server time and time again. It's easy to tell someone "oh, just go buy it in the shop" but then we rely on them staying long enough to get the 10k points for it.

My suggestion is to either get rid of it entirely, or leave it as is. I've noticed in the last week that a lot of times people either don't care, or buy it for themselves and have a great time. There will be no pleasing
everyone, so lets pick our poison here and go with it.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(10-23-2021, 12:13 PM)Norm Minder Wrote:
I respect your opinion.But I disagree.

I still think jumpack is pretty unfair.Especially if you're murder and you don't have a jumpack,just watch people jumping on roofs and get frustrated.

Just easy example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4VaIMmSZE
It's more of an annoyance to small group of people than large is the issue. However the reason you stated, is being fixed like I mentioned previously. Springbreak is now free of jetpack only spots, except trees, and those are easily shot at. So as I go through (slowly) and do that to all maps that won't be as big of an issue and jumppacks will revert to being used for longer jumps to get to FAIR but hard to get to spots! We're trying to find a happy medium and I think this is perfectly it. Jump pack stays for now :) (but also bc like i said dink wont take it away)
Almost forgot, I touched on this yesterday but RDM and leave needs to be punishable just like how TTT does it. It baffles me that we don't already have a rule for it here.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(10-25-2021, 05:36 PM)August Wrote: Almost forgot, I touched on this yesterday but RDM and leave needs to be punishable just like how TTT does it. It baffles me that we don't already have a rule for it here.
This one I think is more because of the lack of proper commands to make it a thing. So I'd love it, and want it to be necessary... buuuut might have to wait for proper commands to be fixed.