Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my bad
(10-30-2021, 01:07 AM)HONG Wrote: +1 for unban jesus christ

to say that discord moderation is silly would be a far too nice way to put it considering ive seen people say things with a very similar tone (i.e. “im going to commit a felony”) and go about their day just fine

YEAH IM GONNA GO COMMIT FELONY >:)

+1 for unban tonight was probably.. an awful night for moderation on all sides Forums, Discord, and even TTT.... let's just unban and move on tonight was fucking awful
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
He was actually threatening to steal and eat all of the Krispy Kream Doughnuts from malls throughout the eastern United States.

To be honest this feels like one of those things were maybe stoked should have gotten a verbal warning/reprimand so he could delete the message and apologize in discord as opposed to being sentenced to a permanent ban. NGL I feel like there are more heinous things said that go unpunished in discord so this is pretty ridiculous...gotta hold everyone to the same standard.

+1 for unban
+1 from the times I've played with him he's been very chill. I have no doubt this was just shitpost behavior, he doesn't need to be permabanned for this.
While yes stoked probably shouldn’t of said that on discord. I feel like most people know he was just trolling like he does from time to time. 1+ on a unban . But if his comment is a problem then maybe we should get clarification on that since I seen much worse and similar stuff said on discord from time to time. Of course usually people just say it to troll.
Not worth a ban, doesn't violate discord TOS, and he was just protesting the unneeded slow mode that was enabled for far too long. I personally agree +1 unban and talk to whichever discord mod issued the strike about what the discord ToS actually is regarding threats of imaginary activity

For reference: this would be the only thing that could be used in order to carry about this ban, as copy/pasted from discords community guidelines

Do not make threats of violence or threaten to harm others. This includes indirect threats, as well as sharing or threatening to share someone’s private personal information (also known as doxxing).

He did not threaten violence or harm, it's a gray area so therefore not worth a strike or a ban. TY for coming to my TED talk
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
+1 prolonged slow mode is infuriating
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I don't get the mentality behind this being ok. If I said the words "Im going to carry out my threats to a local school" You bet your fucking ass you'd be in trouble.
Using the word threat implies harm, if he wanted it to be about stealing donuts then he should have said that instead of twitter baiting lol.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
I can totally understand this battons and if that is the direction the discord is going in then I will respect that however there has been worst being said lately in the discord from time to time. People most of the time don’t really mean it and are just trolling. Yes they shouldn’t do that I understand but they don’t mean it mostly. My point is be consistent if that is the case. Like trail said hold everyone to the same standard.
I think the problem with keeping things like this consistent is, they don't always see everything. That's why the report channel is there. There are very few active discord staff, that actually step in and help.
Battons is correct. IF this were said somewhere else, it'd be handled just the same. It's a ban until investigation done, or etc.
What you said was stupid, shitposty, etc, and you're aware. However the ban that was placed, even if it WAS GRAY AREA, was still heavily implying, enough to take action on staffs end. Take from this that you know not to be dumb about stuff like this again.

If we're going to start allowing people to say off color shit like this, it's a slippery slope back to the old dinks that was nothing but problematic. Yes it was a shit post. But does that make it okay? No. Simple.
IF you said something like that in public, would it be okay? No. This isn't a private domain, it's a public domain. Anybody can see or report that kind of stuff. Staff are doing their best to keep things from crossing lines that aren't okay.

The amount of people that are okay with this just because they like the person is highly concerning. Some of you are staff. Please stop and think about the actions and stuff that's being carried out, and why. As staff, you guys should not be okay with threats of that nature, even as a shitpost.

Quick edit; I'm okay with a reduction to 3days to a week.
A much more reasonable escalation for this if we want to discourage this behavior is give a warning and delete the message, or mute them. I don't post bad stuff on Discord a lot but when I slip up and don't think about something Jammin is very good about deleting my message and private messaging me why it was deleted. It's very professional to do it that way and doesn't cause a big scene, and its given me a lot of respect for the Discord administration.

Instead what happened is someone with no real history of doing anything that bad on Discord or in game got insta-permabanned for a one time slip up on his wording when he joked about raiding the local donut shop. That is not acceptable at all
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide