Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the whole reputation thing
why is it turned off again and what is the plan for turning it back on
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
It's turned off because people are stupid and/or are assholes. As of right now, there is no plan to turn it back on.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I'm fine having it off. It changes nothing and it's not used for anything.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(11-02-2021, 05:13 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: It's turned off because people are stupid and/or are assholes. As of right now, there is no plan to turn it back on.

this elaborated on absolutely nothing

what does this mean
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
at the end of the day we don’t REALLY need it and I say that as someone who likes having a big number associated with their name
(11-02-2021, 05:18 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 05:13 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: It's turned off because people are stupid and/or are assholes. As of right now, there is no plan to turn it back on.

what does this mean

Currently there are no plans to reimplement the reputation system due to it being used by unsavory banned and unbanned individuals constantly abusing it, which required too much man power for our team to watch all the time. I hope that answers your question.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(11-02-2021, 05:22 PM)Battons Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 05:18 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:

what does this mean

Currently there are no plans to reimplement the reputation system due to it being used by unsavory banned and unbanned individuals constantly abusing it, which required too much man power for our team to watch all the time. I hope that answers your question.

this does answer it actually, ty
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
Out of curiosity, how would you say people are abusing it?

And alls that will happen without it is threads will get muddied with responses as simple as "i agree" making things that hsould be only a few pages end up as many paged thingies
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Bah I wasn’t gonna answer but I’ll amend fish’s answer.
Until the system or rules are revamped to the satisfaction of myself/Travis/admins it won’t be turned back on. And that includes if it gets turned back on, in the event that the final decision is such. That’s your short answer try to retain it because this isn’t the first time it’s been discussed. The last time I turned it back on for a while till 2 dog pile threads came out, and after lagged discussion I gave the admins notice that if another flame thread came out it would be turned off for an indefinite time. 6 hours and one Addressing the Admins in the Community later it was turned off.

Ok bunch of y’all commented now but ig you see the opinion of a few now.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
People already turn threads into 7 pages by just arguing back and forth, so it wouldn’t change much in terms of page length. There were too many issues with positive and negative manipulation. Was used as another way to basically shun people.
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers