Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH Donor Abuse - SireSmitty
Yeah I'm with Ryzif on this one... not really worth a strike, but a warn is viable here. SireSmitty, just do your best to check the leaderboard in the future. <3

+1 on a warn

-1 on a strike
@[test]SireSmitty I'm +1 for a warning and -1 for a strike, primarily because you clearly weren't doing the !ungag * maliciously.

Since the PH donor guidelines can be a little unclear, I'm going to quickly highlight a few things:

1. Donors and !ungag *
Donors shouldn't be using !ungag * command when staff are primarily because donors do not have access to staff logs.  You have no idea if someone that a staff member gagged is on a round or map gag.  Additionally, offenses do not need to be on back-to-back maps.  For example, someone could micspam twice on Monday (warn and round gag), then micspam on Thursday and receive a map gag. Staff are able to do this because we all make notes at the end of each map.

Additionally, for round gags, it's a rounds worth of time (roughly).  If someone was gagged near the start of a round, then they are ungagged at the start of the next round.  If someone was gagged at the end of a round, then they are ungagged at the end of the next round.  Simply put: we don't just apply ungags at the end of each round.

2. Staff and !ungag *
Staff primarily use !ungag * when everyone that was gagged is on a round gag and will be ungagged at roughly the same time.  Otherwise, we try to ungag using names.

3. Donors helping staff
This will vary greatly from staff member to staff member.
You state that Koshka was not doing anything.  This is incorrect because Koshka was tracking what looked to be a pair of ghosters (and instead was a hacker).  The reason why hardly anyone noticed was because he handled it very well, and that player was banned during that map.  I primarily joined to do crowd control while he finished handling the issue.
If you find that a staff member is slow to address VC issues, it's very possible they are dealing with another issue on the server.  You are allowed to message staff using the '@' symbol to ask if we need help.  In very limited cases, I have allowed certain 'seasoned' donors to help control the VC while I dealt with other issues on the server when no other staff were available to join.
@[test]SireSmitty will be hit with a donor strike. If this had been a single incident then I would normally just issue a warning. However, this is not the first time and an escalation can be seen in other videos leading up to if not after this incident. Do not use commands while staff are on and stop ungagging people that staff have gagged. You do not know what punishments the users have a history of nor do you always know what level of punishment a user could be on at that moment in time.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army