Poll: Should one of the Rooftops be removed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, remove ttt_rooftops_2016_v1
30.95%
13 30.95%
Yes, remove ttt_rooftops_a2_f1
28.57%
12 28.57%
Yes, but I don't have a preference on which one
7.14%
3 7.14%
No, I am ok with having both versions on the server
33.33%
14 33.33%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing Rooftops Variant
When we first implemented the "no variants of the same map" rule, people were quick to point to Bank, Whitehouse, and Rooftops. The two Whitehouse maps are incredibly distinct, so the Admins & I agree that it's fine to keep. However, Bank and Rooftops are very similar in their design and structure. Therefor, I am opening threads to discuss the possibility of removing one of these variant maps.

The poll will be open for a week. If any result has a simple majority, it will be submitted to the Admins for approval. Please treat this thread seriously.

This thread is only to discuss the Rooftops variants. Please keep the conversation focused on that. There is another thread to discuss the Bank variants.
2016 is fun for the objectives. But it's too big of a map, and causes many players (with potato PC's) to drop frames drastically. The alternative is to disable the skybox ("r_3dsky 0" in console) but imo I prefer the original.

I'd say get rid of 2016.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Save 2016 one of the best maps on the sever
[Image: 200.webp#61-grid1]
(05-01-2017, 12:48 PM)Christian Wrote: 2016 is fun for the objectives. But it's too big of a map, and causes many players (with potato PC's) to drop frames drastically. The alternative is to disable the skybox ("r_3dsky 0" in console) but imo I prefer the original.

I'd say get rid of 2016.

Removing the skybox doesn't help too much for me. It's just too big and the original is better
Please get rid of 2016 so I can actually play :<
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================
Typing mat_dxlevel 8 in the console helps on 2016, sometimes...
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
(05-01-2017, 12:56 PM)MiniMe2001 Wrote: Removing the skybox doesn't help too much for me. It's just too big and the original is better
Ya it won't always work for everyone, but it does free up some FPS to make it at least playable for me. Maybe it'll help others too.

(05-01-2017, 01:03 PM)reed1103 Wrote: Typing mat_dxlevel 8 in the console helps on 2016, sometimes...

Lowering your DXlevel is also a good way to increase FPS. This might help others as well. As well as lowering your resolution, graphical settings,etc.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
I like the new one, if the map creator lowered down on all of the details in the skybox and around the map, I think it would be better.

I also think 2016 has an hdr effect that messes with fps
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
I love the original rooftops new one is okay i guess but i rather would have the original one as it already is quite big and the 2016 one is even bigger.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
I personally prefer the 2016 version, not because of the secrets/objectives, but because I feel the two additional buildings really add a lot of options when playing. I don't know, the original version just feels too small to me, and I hate having so fewer possible paths for navigating the map.