Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could we fix the stupid head glitching
you guys do understand literally every player jumps into the ceiling because it's really easy and natural to do it, and in some cases you can do it without a jump pack because all it requires is to crouch jump? this isn't really an exploit at all and it's not anyones fault for doing it, it's just a fundamental issue with the jump pack in a game mode that was not designed for it.

and I don't agree with having another poll. we just had one like 2 months ago, people resoundingly voted to keep it, that's the way it should be. it's not fair to people who like the jump pack to just keep redoing polls until you get the result you want. that's absurd.
(11-13-2021, 11:31 PM)stylin Wrote: you guys do understand literally every player jumps into the ceiling because it's really easy and natural to do it, and in some cases you can do it without a jump pack because all it requires is to crouch jump? this isn't really an exploit at all and it's not anyones fault for doing it, it's just a fundamental issue with the jump pack in a game mode that was not designed for it.

and I don't agree with having another poll. we just had one like 2 months ago, people resoundingly voted to keep it, that's the way it should be. it's not fair to people who like the jump pack to just keep redoing polls until you get the result you want. that's absurd.

+rep
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(11-13-2021, 11:31 PM)stylin Wrote: it's not fair to people who like the jump pack to just keep redoing polls until you get the result you want. that's absurd.
i agree with this 100%, at the same time though people are still complaining about ceiling spam

otherwise i support the idea of “you’ve made your bed, you better lie in it”
(11-13-2021, 11:31 PM)stylin Wrote: you guys do understand literally every player jumps into the ceiling because it's really easy and natural to do it, and in some cases you can do it without a jump pack because all it requires is to crouch jump? this isn't really an exploit at all and it's not anyones fault for doing it, it's just a fundamental issue with the jump pack in a game mode that was not designed for it.

I still consider it a exploit. It is easy to do with the jump pack yes and that’s why people don’t punish for it but people are not meant to push their heads in the ceiling. I don’t believe that people should start punishing for the jump pack exploit since it’s so easy to do and almost everyone does it without even meaning to, however just cus something is easy to do does not make it a exploit. Hence why people make threads like these asking for it to be fixed. Also you want to talk about fairness? How is it fair for people having to deal with people pushing their head in the ceiling? That isn’t fair lmao. Especially for people who don’t want to use the jetpack or who don’t have it.
I mean if we just had taller maps  Cool

If people would stop spam choosing Inno Motel and maps with such small ceilings, it wouldn't be seen as much. It would be more annoying than touching a slider on jump height but maybe more maps with a taller roof would be a decent thing to look into. - It sounds stupid but is it really that stupid? Lmao

When you try and touch the jump pack you get A LOT of mixed feedback. It's something that is fun and in reality makes Dinks, well.. Dinks. I know I'd definitely miss it. I hated being so slow without the jump pack during that period without it. 

Maybe those against the change in the jump packs should try going on the test server to see if the change is THAT bad or drastic. Give them experience in what is suggested and they would be able to see it rather than freaking out about their hops being messed with. Educated votes on changing it to be more precise.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
I don't rly care about inno cuz i bhop in the basement but fighting people on that among us map is fking aids.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Maybe this will be the 20th+ time I’ve said this but I stand by it. Reduce the jumppack height for the love of god. We don’t need it this high, it’s most of the reason people complain about on the server, guests complain cause the advantage, long time players complain cause the advantage, if the jump height is reduced peoples heads don’t go in the ceiling much if at all. Please reduce jump height to 8.

Another thing that would make it really hard to punish for jumping into the ceiling is that most people don’t realize they’re doing it, you jump and crouch to avoid bullets but you have no idea when you do that what your player model looks like. Unless you’ve played the game in third person to look around and yourself while you do it you don’t know what you’re doing, would just lead to arguments and not being able to properly punish for if.