Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's all have a talk. Serious this time.
The separate server communities are very different from each other yes, but these preconceived notions only apply to certain individuals or groups for each area. My first time being admin Fish and I worked very hard to try and bridge the gap between TTT and PH. It boils down to adaptation. Our servers are very different, but you have to accept those differences and enjoy the game modes for what they are while also adapting to the varying rules.

It isn’t entirely impossible to be more connected, but with people seeing the gap and doing nothing and just complaining it’ll definitely stay that way.

Edit: cross server rules would be really bad because they already cater to completely different audiences. I know PH has a way different set of procedures compared to TTT and it should stay that way.
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
The problem with this is I'm sure quite a large amount of people have tried to play on multiple servers. If you don't like something you simply don't like something. 

I personally play on three of the servers. Two fairly in an active manner and then one at rare times. The rare one being Murder and the active ones being the ones I staff on. 

I understand your idea but it's truly not worth the player influx just to try this. People will try new servers when they're ready. People should also feel welcome in all servers regardless of the mentality such as the silly TTT to PH "Go back to PH" or vice versa because I've seen silly stuff from PH to TTT as well. 

Also there are different ways to act in servers. PH is a bit more strict due to our age settings and TTT you can be a little more loose. The variety is nice but having to watch what you do if you come from TTT to PH could suck. That's because something normal in TTT would possibly be against the rules in PH if it's out there enough. There are binds that I normally would laugh about that come from TTT that I actually would have to get on to if they were used in PH. 

I'd love to close the gap a bit but that happens over time with people's choices. Simple as that really. Appreciate the input though, Sad.

TLDR: All servers have their positive points and negative points but the individual will try new servers when they're ready or never even. You can certainly welcome people to other servers but that's really about it.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
the game modes are fundamentally different and so are the players as a result, crossplay is not a thing that will happen among large amounts of users
The gaps in the community are on a constant flux. Is it better than a couple years ago? Yes. Is it at a good state? Depends on who you have ask. For example, even though it was more meant as a joke, I have been banned from ttt in the past even though I have never connected to the game. I have not played Dink's ttt because when I played ttt before that, I never really enjoyed the game mode. I occasionally go onto murder and DR. I might join ttt nowadays as it has been a long time since I have played but my time is limited as it is.

There's basic cross server rules like don't hack, don't be a racist, etc but when it comes to general attitude, that would not work.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Deathrun and Murder are actually fun when the servers aren't dead  :P
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
ttt and prophunt are easily tied for being my favorite gmod gamemodes, i love both to death

in terms of cross-server interaction for me, ive found the only two factors that keep me from playing dinks ph more are my own time constraints, and the fact that the past several times ive played, there’s been a plethora of really fucking creepy players freely talking about genuinely unsettling topics—but that’s probably changed at least somewhat since i last played since ph has gotten a lot more promising and active staff (case in point, one that rightfully just made mod)

(11-20-2021, 11:58 AM)dong Wrote: I know PH has a way different set of procedures compared to TTT and it should stay that way.
in terms of server culture i definitely agree with this, we do get some players that play on both (and even some staff, rarely) but the rules are deeply ingrained in suiting the server’s culture, which does vary in strictness from server to server. personally one of the biggest appeals of ttt for me is the lax attitude towards things that ultimately dont bother or offend anyone (“shut up”) and a stronger reinforcement against the things that matter most, which leads to a nice balance of “just use your head and chill”

thats just the way i see things, not the way things necessarily are. as it stands right now i think the different cultures of the community are distinct enough that people naturally settle into the space that works best for them, which is probably why most are generally content in staying on their server and not taking a whole lot of leaps to try the other servers.
i simply just do not like prophunt, it is so boring to me and i'm sure some prophunt players feel the same about ttt
I love PH and Murder but due to my current obligations I can't afford much time to them.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
ph players never shut up
I love all four servers. With the right people and getting involved in the right chats. The best way to get involved with everyone is to play on all four servers. It's fun but some people simply do not want to get involved with other parts of the community at all but we can't force them. Everyone has a different taste in gameplay and there's nothing wrong with that. I do hope to see people actually try some of the other dink servers if they haven't already. dr is fun with the right kind of people and the right amount and murder is fun too with tons of people, Norm and Nuru (they live there) I suggest people to go try out those gamemodes as those 2 need the most help :)

:ShortNuru:
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3