Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrasslin
Anyone else here a wrestling fan? If so do you watch the main promotions such as WWE or AEW? How about Japanese wrestling like NJPW or Mexican Lucha Libre like CMLL or AAA? Lets just have nice wrestling chat if possible.
[Image: bb6.jpg]
Huge wrestling fan, used to watch lots of WWE but now I only watch AEW.
when i was little someone bought me a undertaker wrestle mania 16-0 video, context being I had never watched wrestling in my life. Still don’t watch it but undertaker is badass ?
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
Grew up as a WWE fan in the early 2000's because of my dad, watched Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, early Brock Lesnar and John Cena, etc. Now WWE is basically dead to me due to how poor the storylines are and how terribly it's managed. Been watching AEW instead and I've been loving their work. it's modern, but they allow fans to become a lot more emotionally invested. Some of the best matches I've seen have been there.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
I thought this was a thread for Greco-Roman, Traditional, and Freestyle wrestling..

>:(
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(11-28-2021, 02:23 AM)Kostok Wrote: Huge wrestling fan, used to watch lots of WWE but now I only watch AEW.
Same. AEW feels fresh compared to WWE. Other than that I’ve watched Lucha Underground and casually followed some lucha libre.

(11-28-2021, 12:19 PM)Summer Wrote: I thought this was a thread for Greco-Roman, Traditional, and Freestyle wrestling..

>:(
Pro wrestling actually started out being real in the form of catch wrestling in 1800s and catch wrestling would soon lead to the creation of freestyle wrestling as the one time catch wrestling was in the olympics it was considered too brutal due to its submissions so it was toned down to freestyle wrestling without submissions. At least catch wrestling survived in the Japanese mma scene thanks to japanese wrestlers wanting to make it real again.
(11-28-2021, 10:51 AM)August Wrote: Grew up as a WWE fan in the early 2000's because of my dad, watched Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, early Brock Lesnar and John Cena, etc. Now WWE is basically dead to me due to how poor the storylines are and how terribly it's managed. Been watching AEW instead and I've been loving their work. it's modern, but they allow fans to become a lot more emotionally invested. Some of the best matches I've seen have been there.
I was mid to late 2000’s ruthless aggression era kid, been an on and off again fan of WWE after that until AEW showed up and started watching that instead. I still miss Triple H’s NXT though since he actually gave fans what they wanted before Vince got a hold of it. If there is one thing AEW does right most of the time is being able listen to criticism and improving which is why people are able to get invested in the first except when it comes to Cody Rhodes he should be heel already.