Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I said I would
I am free from my suspension to post, so here goes.

Ashe, you have shown exemplary behaviour these past weeks, you're always calling staff on for help as soon as trouble gets out of hand, you're active in both the Discord and the PH server to an amazing extent, which is what they're looking for. I hope for the best in this application, and I also hope all you can do is improve even better than you are from here.

+1 
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]

You haven't been here very long and I feel that you need more in community time before being considered for staff. 

My main reason for saying this is when you first joined the community you were nit picking different things and arguing with various people/staff on very minor things. 

GIVEN you don't do this NOW but I don't believe people completely change within a months time, so I am very hesitant to support you becoming a staff member till you've been around longer and more of us get to know you better.
(12-10-2021, 12:01 AM)The Triangle Wrote: -1

You haven't been here very long and I feel that you need more in community time before being considered for staff. 

My main reason for saying this is when you first joined the community you were nit picking different things and arguing with various people/staff on very minor things. 

GIVEN you don't do this NOW but I don't believe people completely change within a months time, so I am very hesitant to support you becoming a staff member till you've been around longer and more of us get to know you better.
I apologize for coming off as nit picky and stand-offish at first. I've been around so many different communities in my time, both good and bad, and it takes me asking questions and experiencing things to understand and accept new ways. I don't remember a lot of when I first joined, so I cannot say much on my past behavior or direct interactions.
For some time when I did join the discord, I did try to be interactive, but I truly wasn't met with much upfront kindness(I won't name anyone). That may have led to my confrontational attitude.

I will try to be more active in more of the community. I hope to get to know more than just the prop hunt regulars, so you should see me in murder and deathrun at some point soon.

I hope me replying to these is acceptable, as I want to be as clear as possible, for both current and future reference. If not, I accept them being deleted.
I know, I know, "Pauling you're MIA u don't get an opinion" nah homie I don't sleep, I am always watching.

So on that always watching note, since in complete fairness I cannot judge you based off server time since we haven't played together, but watching relay and reading some things in discord I do worry you're not quite familiar nor comfortable enough with how everything works to be staff. And that's fair - we can change you.. I mean.. train you... But I've seen some nitpicking happening regarding some things, and I can see a huge burnout for you coming soon. So I am neutral (don't worry, everyone is neutral in my eyes cause I am a brat), but in order for you to be a +1 for me, I want to see more server time, more familiarity with staff and players without having this underlying frustration towards the regs and other donors. So maybe take a hot little break, a day or two - hell even a week if you need - to rebuild that love for the game and the community.

It only gets worse and more wacky and wild when you're staff. And I don't feel you are ready for that step.

All the best for this application.
Go away
I think I've interacted with Ashe more than most staff, so I believe I can clarify some things before I give my +/-.

In regards to what Triangle and Pauling said about nitpicking, the reason Ashe really hasn't nitpicked anything of late is because I took the time to explain things from a staff point of view in detail.
In particular, most of the nitpicking was in the discord about ghosting evidence, and I explained in discord DMs what kind of proof rises to the threshold to have a ghosting ban stick.  As you can see in Ashe's last ghosting ban request, she took my advice/explanation to heart.  I'm not sure giving a -1 based on nitpicking in the past is entirely fair since 1. we honestly could do a better job of clearly explaining ghosting evidence on the forums and 2. after I explained things, Ashe stopped nitpicking about ghosting evidence.  If anything, this shows that she is trainable (which is a good thing).

Next, what Nuru said was very interesting and brings about the question "If a donor chooses to use their powers, should they apply those powers to everyone in the lobby equally?".  I think the correct answer to this question is yes.  Giving multiple warnings to friends/regulars instead of gagging them when gags have been given out to other random players isn't techincally against the rules as they are written (since donors are never required to use their commands), but is a valid reason to scrutinize this staff application.  Staff members have to be impartial and apply the rules equally.

Ashe: if you are concerned about how your friends/regulars will perceive you if you use your commands on them, you should make it abundantly clear to everyone that getting punished for breaking the rules is not a personal attack on them, but rather cause and effect.  If you break the rules (cause), then you are punished in some way (effect).  This has served me well.

My score: +0.5.  I'd be fine with you joining staff as Trusted.  I'd also be fine with you waiting a bit before joining the staff team.  You'd need a lot of training which I'll volunteer to staff with you a bunch of times to support you until you're up to speed.  You've done a great job DMing me with questions when staff are not online to handle things.
(12-10-2021, 07:15 PM)chelllman Wrote: I'm not sure giving a -1 based on nitpicking in the past is entirely fair since 1. we honestly could do a better job of clearly explaining ghosting evidence on the forums and 2. after I explained things, Ashe stopped nitpicking about ghosting evidence.  If anything, this shows that she is trainable (which is a good thing).

Next, what Nuru said was very interesting and brings about the question "If a donor chooses to use their powers, should they apply those powers to everyone in the lobby equally?".  I think the correct answer to this question is yes.  Giving multiple warnings to friends/regulars instead of gagging them when gags have been given out to other random players isn't techincally against the rules as they are written (since donors are never required to use their commands), but is a valid reason to scrutinize this staff application.  Staff members have to be impartial and apply the rules equally.

Ashe: if you are concerned about how your friends/regulars will perceive you if you use your commands on them, you should make it abundantly clear to everyone that getting punished for breaking the rules is not a personal attack on them, but rather cause and effect.  If you break the rules (cause), then you are punished in some way (effect).  This has served me well.
Just wanted say that I appreciate all the advice, answers, and explainations from you and the other staff I've talk to privately. No other community has done this for me when it comes to any communication (I remember being muted on a mc server for something small and the staff wouldn't even hear me out. Dodgy ) So it's really enlightening to have that guidance.

I did bring up the fairness matter directly with Nuru but I'll put it here too.
I'm unsure of how I am to show for how I handle my friends and regulars getting out of control. They rarely cause problems, and when they do, they typically listen to warnings. Staff aren't on to see these interactions usually, but I wish that it showed more  :-/ I have some decent clips of chat getting wild, like two days ago when I had to gag neehaa for holding his mic while laughing for so long. Most that happens is me asking a few regulars to back off their mics, not to yell, etc.
Every day is a Monday
[Image: 41110189_y4Mzae3yD3FXyeu.png]
I agree to what the others had said above,

From game tracker wised there not much of history on your current name but reading on the other names

[test]Ashe | Clown Queen 
https://imgur.com/EuCf6Ky

this one appears from your steam profile has more activity and from what you said as the original name you join PH as and since you did change your name recently tbh....

It is difficult at times to nitpick donor ranked players cause of what said above, but also from history of Donors that see rules as r/whooosh to them and think they're the boss....

Trusted is similar to Donor, but it is more than just having the same commands to used, like the first day of the job from what you exspected to what you actually doing can be different as well.

I appreciate that you take these feeback about your stand point here at dinks and now what you need to work on, Not everybody can be out of the door super perfect, they're always a work in process.

From what Nuru said, even from my own experience, there were some players that were friends that I had to punished on the server to even seeing some getting ban from doing rule breaking or having thoughts of, "Hey my best bud a staff member, I can finally be the giant dick to the server now and get out stotch free UwU!" 
I always put a limit on what I can do on my own as well as how much the possibilities on what my friends on other gaming platforms think they can do if I'm a staff member or not.

my only issue is to know when its time to step back and if a player you know very well or a friend dig themselves in a hole, you cannot always saved them from that situation, they have to do that themselves.

Overall, I do think it is fine if she get Trusted since it is a starter rank for staff

+1

[Image: sukuna-evil-laugh.gif]
[Image: YWj4Wn.gif]
(12-12-2021, 01:45 AM)Ryuji Sakamoto Wrote:
From game tracker wised there not much of history on your current name but reading on the other names

[test]Ashe | Clown Queen 
https://imgur.com/EuCf6Ky

this one appears from your steam profile has more activity and from what you said as the original name you join PH as and since you did change your name recently tbh....
I do regret my name changes, as I didn't think ahead when I was testing name codes for colors. I do have other socials with my De_meCinere name to show for proof of that original profile, but I didn't keep it for too long so it wouldn't add to my time or help at all. I have been thinking ahead about names so I don't repeat my mistake of changing so much my old names get bumped.

Also I did take a break like swamp mum recommended. Tis why I wasn't active that one day
Every day is a Monday
[Image: 41110189_y4Mzae3yD3FXyeu.png]
This is a bump before a final decision is made.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I forgot to come back to this so take my late reply.
I'm a -1 for the time being. You're not at a place quite yet where I feel comfortable giving you any kind of power to handle server. Again this is just for now. If you keep on the oath you're on I can see it going well. However you need more community time and I believe you need to settle some issues and learn to dissociate server and friends. Like work and home. They're separate and I do need to see more of this. Based of the few interactions on server more time is needed in this area. You're still a but lenient with them. You may carry out the commands etc but it's not as rapid as you would others. I also have some other concerns that I'd like to watch for before welcoming into staff.
All in all don't be discouraged qnd keep at it.

Ignore all typos etc I'm on mobile you heathens.