Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, like I was saying...
This is no way a form of harassment, all individuals that post a request to move up the staff team undergo ALL types of evaluations be character, game performance or community engagement.
This is post undergoes all terms and conditions of forums, along with guidelines for the community.

Zom13ae Wrote:When I'm unresponsive and the only staff member on then I would hope the donors would step up, especially if it's donors that help out regularly. When I was a donor I would do this if I knew a staff member was busy or was tabbed out.

When you tab out, you need the let the lobby know in some way or form be it text or voice. I have been in the lobby, I can even remember the map (Gas station), where you were mostly unresponsive for the map. I still allowed the other donors to handle it because it was the first time I had been on with you. I was not in fear of having you reprimand me for "overstepping" but yet to prevent conflict between each other for this very reason. When I look at a situation when I need to step in, in most cases I do for the condition of the server, I try to evaluate certain factors. One being, if a staff member is on, I don't need to use commands unless asked otherwise, and even then I can refuse and move on. It isn't like that in this case, no one can tell when you are on or not. Reading the information here, and being on the server now would result in me being more proactive in the way I use commands on the server. I would not worry if I "overstep" in a sort of way because I cannot tell if you are there or not, because there isn't any warning but just a silent staff member which in any other case would be the completely WRONG course of action. Which some of our staff members are silent in the way they staff and move about the server so as I learn the way they staff, I can better help them after I speak to them. This is not the case here, the only way anyone can tell if you are not AFK, is if you are moving or texting/talking. That is a problem as a staff member in my eyes, you are there to help us on the server, not cause confusion.. I am more than willing to help any staff members that either accept or ask for my help, but I will not touch a problematic server with a confusing staff member.

Zom13ae Wrote:Usually, if I am not responsive I'm tabbed out from the game; either to update the ptw, grab a screenshot, go through the evidence, and a number of things. As I am tabbed out the live audio is cut off but I continue to record (this is helpful with ghosties/cheaters), although the audio is muted, so if there is something happening while I'm tabbed out there is not much I can do about that.
If you have some advice on how to be more present in the game I will gladly take it.

I think Triangle, Nuru and Pauling have beaten this comment enough, so I'm going to show you how to fix a problem you are having if you need to tab out. There is a setting in Garrys Mod that allows you to hear audio, which is pushed to your desktop audio, outside of game. I will post how to do this below.
[Image: mnAM830.png]
Uncheck that box, it is unchecked currently because of the other gamemodes I play that require me to hear at all times.
Test it out and see how well it works for you and your recording audio, if you need help let me know and I'll do the best I can with the information I know.

Zom13ae Wrote:I like to get the ban requests out of the way before I get off or I will stress about it in the back of my mind. It's how I've been doing them since I was a donor and it's just how my brain works out tasks, lol, it just simplifies the list of things for me.

I think because you haven't told that doing evidence in game isn't the most efficient way, doesn't mean there's a better way of doing it. Taking a moment and understanding the bigger picture for the server will ultimately help you push past some of your stress because you understand why you need to overcome it. Sometimes you will have to make small sacrifices and sometimes you will have to make larger sacrifices, case in point Fish having to make personal sacrifices for this server. Would you be willing to try and do it another way?

Zom13ae Wrote:But in all seriousness; I want to continue to help everyone out. I know I can do this as a Tmod, I know it's more responsibility and I completely understand and recognize this. This will be my last app, as well, I don't think I'll be wanting another position after tmod (If I get promoted).
Having dyslexia can sometimes make me overprocess what I'm trying to say; so I've learned to keep things simple but try to portray importance in my responses.

The information I get from this is you have no intention of moving up in the ranks anymore, so what happens when you get bored of Tmod and do everything you think you can do with Tmod but you have just stone walled yourself hard for a Moderator application? Worst case scenario is you leave and we lose a Tmod and the time you have created here, the best case scenario is you understand the impact of this statement. Either way the information is clear, regardless of the way you worded it, and it was conveyed correctly to all of us despite your medical condition.

Zom13ae Wrote:I'll continue to do what I have been doing but will a little extra slapping power.
...I really want that slapping power. Like REEEEALLY bad. Please.
I really want that slapping power.
Give Zom the slap power, please. Thanks.

I don't understand this are you applying for Tmod, or the ability to slap players on the server? I really don't understand why you put this so many times, it seems power hungry. I understand a good joke, but unless this is a major inside joke, normally someone wouldn't put this on their application so many times that I have personally put eyes on...

Until some questions are answered and some things are cleared within this post, I will hold neutral.

- Darkk

Something I forgot to add, why do you feel like you want to stop at Tmod? This is the most important question to me at this moment, please go into full detail if possible.
[Image: DJ7hsWH.jpg]
(12-17-2021, 11:24 PM)The Triangle Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 04:58 AM)Zom13ae Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 12:15 AM)The Triangle Wrote: I am neutral. 

The main reasons being is that there hasn't been anything that say "OH YEAH! FINALLY!!" type thing for me when it comes to your performance but the things that really made me go meh about this is this:
"But in all seriousness; I want to continue to help everyone out. I know I can do this as a Tmod, I know it's more responsibility and I completely understand and recognize this. This will be my last app, as well, I don't think I'll be wanting another position after tmod (If I get promoted). " Now I realize that you are being honest which I respect the honesty, there's just part of me that doesn't feel like you should be promoted because from a long term perspective this just seems almost lazy. AGAIN, this is just my observation that doesn't mean it's a fact or anything so nobody get all wound up... 

I respect your opinion but I'm not sure how this is preserved as lazy. I took my time with this and was very honest about it. I even reached out to a few peers to get their opinion before moving forward with the application. Having dyslexia can sometimes make me overprocess what I'm trying to say; so I've learned to keep things simple but try to portray importance in my responses.

I will try to explain my perspective better. You started by saying "I want to continue to help everyone out." but then you say almost directly after "This will be my last app, as well, I don't think I'll be wanting another position after tmod (if I get promoted)". 

Though this isn't a job but more of a side hobby I will give the perspective that I have as someone who's been part of hiring/analyzing people. 
Think for a second if you were an employer of sorts, do you want someone who is going to strive to get better/advance in life or someone who is going to just do what they do and coast along?

From what you said it made it seem like you're just going to coast along, not really make waves just kind of be there. As you move up in the staff positions you make waves, you make friends, you make enemies, due to experience and perspective you help make changes. 

What I'm saying is that from what you've said, it would seem like you're not willing to make the waves.

I hope this created more clarity than confusion and was educational as my perspective. This isn't an attack but an attempt to show you how I view some things. 

I completely understand this. As you said this is a hobby, not a job. While I am ready to make friends, enemies, and what waves I can I know my limits as a person. I still need energy for myself, my family, and my personal life in general. This wasn't an attempt to be lazy but to apply to do more while still inside my comfort zone. 

My capabilities may expand or decrease in the future, who knows, but currently, this has no bearing on the role that I qualify for and wish to fill.
I do acknowledge how this might have come off as unprofessional; I only wanted to be honest. Thank you again for your input and for clarifying what you meant.

(12-17-2021, 11:25 PM)MissPauling Wrote: Honestly, I read this and thought it was a shitpost for the entire time it's been up.

I may not be active in server, but I still see and hear a lot.

Multiple people now have mentioned discussions about my behavior privately without my knowledge. If there have been such serious discussions or if multiple players have reached out to complain I feel as though I should have been invited into this conversation. I cannot correct myself or improve on something if I have no idea that it's an issue in the first place.
It has never been my intention to be unkind or mean to anyone. I am always willing to listen and discuss anything, even my behavior.
Quote:And I've got to agree with Voss. Tabbing in and out is fine and all, I had one monitor I get it, but tabbing out and staying out consistently and then saying that you felt comfortable to leave it for donors is what got me.

Quote:Donors aren't staff, donors should not be acting on behalf of staff unless SPECIFICALLY told to do so, which I have had to do before for emergency personal calls. But that attitude concerns the absolute SHIT out of me because once we have an expectation for donors to do shit, then we have a whole new level of "donor staff" we have to deal with. Donors have added perks, but are never to be expected to act on behalf of staff. That's my opinion on that matter.

Stepping away for ban requests, I get that too. I used to do that when I first started and guess what? I missed bigger and more important issues and had zero evidence because of that. Do all your ban requests out of game completely. Do them right away or in 3 days, fuck if I care, but if it's something that stresses you out in your personal life? You should be taking a break not a promotion.

This probably sounds super harsh and I don't mean it to be but I'm exhausted.

I wish you the best of luck regardless, but I am with -1

The tabbing and being more present in-game is something I will continue to work on. It's was never my intention to have donors act completely on my behalf but only to be eyes and ears if I am away so I may be updated on what happened.

I wouldn't say that creating ban request stress me out in a personal way but more like a "let's get these baddies asap" kind of way. 
Thank you for this feedback and insight.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif] 
[Image: Screenshot-2.png]
(12-18-2021, 08:14 AM)[black]Darkkran Wrote:
This is no way a form of harassment, all individuals that post a request to move up the staff team undergo ALL types of evaluations be character, game performance or community engagement.
This is post undergoes all terms and conditions of forums, along with guidelines for the community.

Zom13ae Wrote:When I'm unresponsive and the only staff member on then I would hope the donors would step up, especially if it's donors that help out regularly. When I was a donor I would do this if I knew a staff member was busy or was tabbed out.

When you tab out, you need the let the lobby know in some way or form be it text or voice. I have been in the lobby, I can even remember the map (Gas station), where you were mostly unresponsive for the map. I still allowed the other donors to handle it because it was the first time I had been on with you. I was not in fear of having you reprimand me for "overstepping" but yet to prevent conflict between each other for this very reason. When I look at a situation when I need to step in, in most cases I do for the condition of the server, I try to evaluate certain factors. One being, if a staff member is on, I don't need to use commands unless asked otherwise, and even then I can refuse and move on. It isn't like that in this case, no one can tell when you are on or not. Reading the information here, and being on the server now would result in me being more proactive in the way I use commands on the server. I would not worry if I "overstep" in a sort of way because I cannot tell if you are there or not, because there isn't any warning but just a silent staff member which in any other case would be the completely WRONG course of action. Which some of our staff members are silent in the way they staff and move about the server so as I learn the way they staff, I can better help them after I speak to them. This is not the case here, the only way anyone can tell if you are not AFK, is if you are moving or texting/talking. That is a problem as a staff member in my eyes, you are there to help us on the server, not cause confusion.. I am more than willing to help any staff members that either accept or ask for my help, but I will not touch a problematic server with a confusing staff member.

Quote:Replies in blue.

This had to be months ago, which I don't remember, but as I stated in other replies this is something I will be working on. 
I do write "BRB" or say something like "I'll be back guys" when I'm going to be tabbed out. If people don't see this or hear me there is nothing I can really do about it. This is something I try to communicate better in the future. 
Zom13ae Wrote:Usually, if I am not responsive I'm tabbed out from the game; either to update the ptw, grab a screenshot, go through the evidence, and a number of things. As I am tabbed out the live audio is cut off but I continue to record (this is helpful with ghosties/cheaters), although the audio is muted, so if there is something happening while I'm tabbed out there is not much I can do about that.
If you have some advice on how to be more present in the game I will gladly take it.

I think Triangle, Nuru and Pauling have beaten this comment enough, so I'm going to show you how to fix a problem you are having if you need to tab out. There is a setting in Garrys Mod that allows you to hear audio, which is pushed to your desktop audio, outside of game. I will post how to do this below.
[Image: mnAM830.png]
Uncheck that box, it is unchecked currently because of the other gamemodes I play that require me to hear at all times.
Test it out and see how well it works for you and your recording audio, if you need help let me know and I'll do the best I can with the information I know.

Quote:This is extremely helpful! Hopefully this will work and solve the issue, thank you!
Zom13ae Wrote:I like to get the ban requests out of the way before I get off or I will stress about it in the back of my mind. It's how I've been doing them since I was a donor and it's just how my brain works out tasks, lol, it just simplifies the list of things for me.

I think because you haven't told that doing evidence in game isn't the most efficient way, doesn't mean there's a better way of doing it. Taking a moment and understanding the bigger picture for the server will ultimately help you push past some of your stress because you understand why you need to overcome it. Sometimes you will have to make small sacrifices and sometimes you will have to make larger sacrifices, case in point Fish having to make personal sacrifices for this server. Would you be willing to try and do it another way?

Quote: 
I really do care about the server and the community here, so of course, I'm willing to learn and improve how I do things. As I mentioned in the reply to Pauling I just want to get the ban request posted to try to get rid of the problem players quickly. There is no stress with the server linked to my personal life, more I'm worried about doing a bad job or being slow with a ban request...not sure if that makes sense.
Zom13ae Wrote:But in all seriousness; I want to continue to help everyone out. I know I can do this as a Tmod, I know it's more responsibility and I completely understand and recognize this. This will be my last app, as well, I don't think I'll be wanting another position after tmod (If I get promoted).
Having dyslexia can sometimes make me overprocess what I'm trying to say; so I've learned to keep things simple but try to portray importance in my responses.

The information I get from this is you have no intention of moving up in the ranks anymore, so what happens when you get bored of Tmod and do everything you think you can do with Tmod but you have just stone walled yourself hard for a Moderator application? Worst case scenario is you leave and we lose a Tmod and the time you have created here, the best case scenario is you understand the impact of this statement. Either way the information is clear, regardless of the way you worded it, and it was conveyed correctly to all of us despite your medical condition.

Quote:I'm just going to paste my reply to Triangle: While I am ready to make friends, enemies, and what waves I can I know my limits as a person. I still need energy for myself, my family, and my personal life in general. This wasn't an attempt to be lazy but to apply to do more while still inside my comfort zone. (This should also answer your question the bottom)

I know I'm not going to want to go beyond Tmod, I've thought about this for the last month and even questioned if I wanted to go beyond Trusted. I took my time as Trusted to really test the waters and to see where I would be needed or if I was even needed as a Tmod. I've been Trusted for almost 2 months now and know it's time to move up and to do more to help out. 

Also! In no way are ya'll getting rid of me, I've put too much time in and met some really cool people to just walk away.

Zom13ae Wrote:I'll continue to do what I have been doing but will a little extra slapping power.
...I really want that slapping power. Like REEEEALLY bad. Please.
I really want that slapping power.
Give Zom the slap power, please. Thanks.

I don't understand this are you applying for Tmod, or the ability to slap players on the server? I really don't understand why you put this so many times, it seems power hungry. I understand a good joke, but unless this is a major inside joke, normally someone wouldn't put this on their application so many times that I have personally put eyes on...
Quote:This, in fact, is an inside joke. Please take a peek at my signature.

Until some questions are answered and some things are cleared within this post, I will hold neutral.

- Darkk

Something I forgot to add, why do you feel like you want to stop at Tmod? This is the most important question to me at this moment, please go into full detail if possible.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif] 
[Image: Screenshot-2.png]
I really hate changing my vote but I've noticed something that is starting to bother me.

So originally I had thought that this was just a small thing but seeing as I'm seeing it over and over I feel it needs to be addressed. I'm seeing you making ban requests when steps have not been reached. If someone who isn't staff and has no real ability to punish up to certain steps makes one like these, it would make sense. Those ban requests are treated differently because there's no real way for them to escalate on steps. 

Considering you have the ability to hand out proper punishments and are continuing to make ban requests on for example people being gagged only once for minor things. It concerns me that you wouldn't really know the proper time to use your banning powers upon getting them. You can visit the guidelines and try to learn more about it to get a good idea. 

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the time it's legitimate and they deserve the ban but I've noticed too strong of a trend where you're making ban requests for people who have either been handled correctly or there's no reason to really ban them. I thought it was just my imagination but going through over and over it's really starting to bother me with providing my support for this app.

I also would like to touch on something that has been said, if you are getting over whelmed by too much evidence, don't worry about sorting it then and there. What I normally do is record whole maps and if there's something that I need to go back and trim through, I type the name of them and why in the recording and go back through later. Another thing would be if you can use a notepad that won't tab you out of game, you write the specific rounds that things happened to make it less of a headache to go through to it later. 

There are really only specific instances where we need the evidence right there and then. For the most part it's hacking or they're dosing.  It's better to keep your attention on the lobby unless you have fellow staff in who can keep an eye on things. Missing evidence is a pain in the butt. 

As of this time I can't support this app with all the things mentioned. Like I said, I don't really like changing my vote but I've noticed too many times that this is becoming habitual and I'd like it to be dealt with before you get your hammer. If you need any help or advice or even training I will gladly help you. I have no issue providing anyone who needs help or has questions on how to handle certain things with answers and support. There's no such thing as no one needing help. 

- 1 my dude. 

Best of luck.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Per the request of the applicant, this application is denied. You have received plenty of insight from members of the community.

The earliest you may reapply as early as, January 18, 2022.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army