Poll: Best browser?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Chrome
50.00%
9 50.00%
Chromium
0%
0 0%
Firefox
22.22%
4 22.22%
Firefox Developer Edition
0%
0 0%
Waterfox
0%
0 0%
Edge
0%
0 0%
Safari
0%
0 0%
Opera
11.11%
2 11.11%
Brave
16.67%
3 16.67%
Vivaldi
0%
0 0%
Torch
0%
0 0%
Maxthon
0%
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Web Browser
FYI on the whole memory thing, both Firefox and Chrome (more specifically Quantum and Chromium), and a bunch of other programs, are designed to use memory as they are available, e.g. prefetching urls and caching images and stuff, up to the point where about RAM is 50% utilized.. after that chrome/firefox will start throwing old stuff in the trash, moving inactive tabs onto disk, or if it gets real bad the Windows memory manager will start moving memory objects to the pagefile. Chrome/firefox is ALWAYS going to use a shit ton of ram RELATIVELY, because nothing else is using it so why can't it? But as soon as you start doing something that takes a lot of ram it starts shoveling shit out of the way, its what its designed to do

How is Brave by the way? I've heard of it but I have no idea what its based on or what the advantage is
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
DuckDuckGo (will be)
(12-31-2021, 06:15 PM)Gabe Wrote: DuckDuckGo (will be)

Definitely going to be checking that out, I use it on my phone sometimes its pretty good
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Why isn't my beloved Internet Explorer on the list
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]