Ghosting ban???
Ingame Name:Candymannnn

SteamID: vettoswap

Who Banned You: Jammin

Reason For Ban: "Ghosting"

Length of Ban: 14 days

Reason for Admins to Unban: I'm new so i don't know what the guy was trying to kill me with but he missed it (i thought it was a knife but it was some melee weapon, he also stated that he missed looked at me, and tried to swing again and missed again). Banned me and my friends for ghosting without any evidence. Like how would they have ghosted if they were alive that round when i killed him? Some guy also kept killing me with a expo barrel for no reason but i guess that's okay not failed Rdm <(or whatever its called.) 

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): NO

Other: I literally just started playing gmod yesterday.
Evidence we used to conclude ghosting ban. You guys were also doing similar shit the map previous.
https://imgur.com/a/9MV00ld

And if someone is killing you with explosive barrels you should report them :)

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
Hi,
Your steam ID is STEAM_0:0:520548855.
Your friends steam ID's are:
Blueblopp STEAM_0:0:583555479
bloodyninjax1 STEAM_0:0:93772577
I would suggest if this is reveresed on appeal that all 3 be unbanned. However, I do believe the ban to be legitimate at this time.

Per Thayer's post, the ghosting ban involved a single RDM report where a single traitor was targeted. The traitor targeted had done nothing to bring about such sus.

The only explanantion could be that sometimes gmod glitches and shows a knife after a T buys one. However, as Thayr shows, no knife was purchased.

Thus, seeing as the individuals listed had not been banned prior for ghosting, I issued a 2-week ban for 1st offense ghosting.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(01-01-2022, 04:32 PM)Thayr Wrote: Evidence we used to conclude ghosting ban. You guys were also doing similar shit the map previous.
https://imgur.com/a/9MV00ld

And if someone is killing you with explosive barrels you should report them :)
I didn't even know they were traitors though like wtf? We've played among us and shit so we already know that ghosting and all that is not cool. And also i don't know how to report people since it wasn't appearing on my damn screen. IM NEW TO PC. And where were the other rounds where it seemed like we ghosted? Because most of the other rounds my friends fucked me over if you can see those rounds on there and i was also talking most of the game with the people in there trying to make friends.

So I'm guessing if logs show my friends as traitor (Which i didnt fucking know btw) and i kill a traitor that tried to kill me (i'm new so idk wtf he tried to hit me with besides the fact it was a melee weapon) thats Rdm?< (still don't know if thats the right term). I also asked him "what did you just try to hit me with?"

(01-01-2022, 04:53 PM)Jammin Wrote: Hi,
Your steam ID is STEAM_0:0:520548855.
Your friends steam ID's are:
Blueblopp STEAM_0:0:583555479
bloodyninjax1 STEAM_0:0:93772577
I would suggest if this is reveresed on appeal that all 3 be unbanned. However, I do believe the ban to be legitimate at this time.

Per Thayer's post, the ghosting ban involved a single RDM report where a single traitor was targeted. The traitor targeted had done nothing to bring about such sus.

The only explanantion could be that sometimes gmod glitches and shows a knife after a T buys one. However, as Thayr shows, no knife was purchased.

Thus, seeing as the individuals listed had not been banned prior for ghosting, I issued a 2-week ban for 1st offense ghosting.
I was in a room with a afk guy he walked in on us closed the door and tried to kill me when i turned my back and said he missed. I'm going to be honest i was goings to kill the afk guy and throw his body out the window but chose to watch his back while he was afk.
(01-01-2022, 04:53 PM)CandyMannnnn Wrote: And where were the other rounds where it seemed like we ghosted? Because most of the other rounds my friends fucked me over if you can see those rounds on there and i was also talking most of the game with the people in there trying to make friends.
If admins request I can pull the logs but you and your friends spent a decent amount of time killing each other as well. Funny how yall inno --> traitor RDM'd each other in your own friend group a metric ton before getting other innocent traitors involved...

(01-01-2022, 04:53 PM)CandyMannnnn Wrote: So I'm guessing if logs show my friends as traitor (Which i didnt fucking know btw) and i kill a traitor that tried to kill me (i'm new so idk wtf he tried to hit me with besides the fact it was a melee weapon) thats Rdm?< (still don't know if thats the right term). I also asked him "what did you just try to hit me with?"
He didn't try to hit you with anything. He had a gun in his hand and only fired it at you in self defense after you went after him. He did nothing to provoke you. He didn't have a knife or any other weapon. If he had a katana which is a crowbar skin, that's also not kosable and looks nothing like a knife.

(01-01-2022, 05:47 PM)Jammin Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 04:53 PM)CandyMannnnn Wrote: And where were the other rounds where it seemed like we ghosted? Because most of the other rounds my friends fucked me over if you can see those rounds on there and i was also talking most of the game with the people in there trying to make friends.
If admins request I can pull the logs but you and your friends spent a decent amount of time killing each other as well. Funny how yall inno --> traitor RDM'd each other in your own friend group a metric ton before getting other innocent traitors involved...

(01-01-2022, 04:53 PM)CandyMannnnn Wrote: So I'm guessing if logs show my friends as traitor (Which i didnt fucking know btw) and i kill a traitor that tried to kill me (i'm new so idk wtf he tried to hit me with besides the fact it was a melee weapon) thats Rdm?< (still don't know if thats the right term). I also asked him "what did you just try to hit me with?"
He didn't try to hit you with anything. He had a gun in his hand and only fired it at you in self defense after you went after him. He did nothing to provoke you. He didn't have a knife or any other weapon. If he had a katana which is a crowbar skin, that's also not kosable and looks nothing like a knife.

Like i said my friends screwed me over bloody killed me for no reason which was a Rdm I killed him back next round for killing me with no reason(Since obviously hes my friend why would i get him banned when we're enjoying the damn server). Once again blueblop and I are new when the round started he saw a red circle on me and didnt read that we were both traitors and killed me by accident. I even killed bloody when he was a traitor when he tried to kill the detective. I don't see how that is a "Metric Ton" but whatever you say. Also if it was a crowbar skin then idk. he swung some melee weapon toward me. Like me and him are literally in a room no witness(since dude is afk) of course if he swings at me and i see something silver i'm goings to react. Context is everything.
And i think you forgot again IM NEW I dont know what skin is for what damn item. I SAW A SILVER MELEE AND KILLED HIM after he missed twice. Like he literally said "I MISSED". I even asked in his report why since i was confused and when i was asked over the mic why i killed him and i stated why i get told in the most douchie voice "he didnt buy a knife this round so". I say "okay im new so idk". Man this was my 2nd TTT server I was enjoying it now I'm getting accused of bs. Like i literally followed shay (something like that cant fully remember) most of my games.
I agree this gets other involved ruining the fun for others.
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
Wrom I agree this gets other involved ruining the fun for others.

I completely agree but the fact is we weren't ghosting or trying to ruin the fun Exclamation
Involved players are unbanned, more to follow shortly.

I banned solely off of the evidence @Thayr provided, along with the evidence provided in this imgur link, specifically what was provided for Orange R5: https://imgur.com/a/0xbDxpS

For 99% of ghosting cases, this evidence is sufficient in removing the problem persons. Usually any legitimate players will oppose such a ban, while any players ghosting will move on to troll the next server.

Seeing your argument, coupled with the fact that bhr00s may indeed use a katana (couldn't tell from logs), this tells me that indeed you may be telling the truth. Given the weakness of only 1 round of evidence, i'm inclined to believe you and give you the benefit of the doubt.

However, what I'm seeing is less ghosting and more minor teaming - simply put, the three friends are trolling each other - which does frusterate the purpose of the game, but was not malicious nor intended to gain a competitive advantage. Rather, in most cases, this resulted in a competitive disadvantage, as the group was quite simply trolling.

I would encourage you to be more careful about how you troll amongst yourselves in the future.

With the blessing of @Battons, I have unbanned all 3 parties, and have issued each an AWarn for Moderate Teaming, Offense #1.