Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, is this where i apply for a job?
I have nothing to really add that hasn't been said. I am in support of you becoming discord staff. 

+1
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
I do not know how you act in the discord but I do have one concern that should be addressed. You have a history of getting positions and then resigning a number of months later, how is a discord role going to be any different? If it is going to be similar to how it was in the past, I do not see any reason why discord staff should go through the trouble of teaching you about how the commands work, how to properly use the bots, and how to keep the discord safe. I know that you would try to do well as you have done in past staff roles that has never been an issue.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(01-08-2022, 08:04 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: I do not know how you act in the discord but I do have one concern that should be addressed. You have a history of getting positions and then resigning a number of months later, how is a discord role going to be any different? If it is going to be similar to how it was in the past, I do not see any reason why discord staff should go through the trouble of teaching you about how the commands work, how to properly use the bots, and how to keep the discord safe. I know that you would try to do well as you have done in past staff roles that has never been an issue.
Yes, Thank you for actually bringing this up, I forgot that was something I wanted to mention. So in the past, I never fully had a head on my shoulders plus, I was going through alot and never could just take a full break, I always kept thinking I had to resign just for being inactive(which I regret) as pertaining to now, I have absolutely nothing going on anymore and "If something ever did come up, I would let everyone know I'm just taking a break(like alot of other staff members do) but would like to still keep my position. I do miss being apart of a staff team and I promise you I have no intentions of resignresigning.

I hope that helps clear up what you were asking.
[Image: titan.gif]
(01-08-2022, 08:04 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: You have a history of getting positions and then resigning a number of months later, how is a discord role going to be any different?

And? What is he supposed to do, stay staff forever? Since when was there a minimum commitment?

+1 I see this guy all the time, super nice, has experience being staff already, Discord staff is already super awesome so more awesome people would make it really good.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Active and helpful have always had pleasant interactions. I think he'd be a good fit for Discord staff.

+1
Former Discord Moderator and Prop Hunt Trusted 2021
(01-08-2022, 09:20 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 08:04 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: You have a history of getting positions and then resigning a number of months later, how is a discord role going to be any different?

And? What is he supposed to do, stay staff forever? Since when was there a minimum commitment?

Thank you for taking one sentence out of a statement and twisting it or choosing not to respond to the statement as a whole.

Did I say that someone needed to stay staff forever? No.

Did I imply that someone needed to maintain a staff role forever? No.

Since when was there a minimum commitment?
There never really has been one but someone with a history of getting a role then resigning a few months later on more than one occasion should be questioned on the subject in my eyes. Titan answered the question/concern very well and was apparently something he wanted to cover anyways given his reply.

Titan, thank you for your reply so quickly to my concerns. The reason why I asked the question is that I wanted to see where your head was at, if you had learned anything from past experiences as staff, and was willing to apply them. If you get tired, do as you said above and take a break. Rely on your fellow staff and ask questions with them on how to handle issues and I see you have no problems getting the discord staff role.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(01-08-2022, 11:25 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Thank you for taking one sentence out of a statement and twisting it or choosing not to respond to the statement as a whole.

Did I say that someone needed to stay staff forever? No.

Did I imply that someone needed to maintain a staff role forever? No.

Since when was there a minimum commitment?
There never really has been one but someone with a history of getting a role then resigning a few months later on more than one occasion should be questioned on the subject in my eyes. Titan answered the question/concern very well and was apparently something he wanted to cover anyways given his reply.

Titan, thank you for your reply so quickly to my concerns. The reason why I asked the question is that I wanted to see where your head was at, if you had learned anything from past experiences as staff, and was willing to apply them. If you get tired, do as you said above and take a break. Rely on your fellow staff and ask questions with them on how to handle issues and I see you have no problems getting the discord staff role.
Yeah no that's fair, I completely understand and see where you're coming from, I have definitely come a long way through staffing, and i have met some good people here, that have helped me greatly! as i said to Nuru, everyone i met trough playing/staffing has taught me how to ease down and learn to actually have more fun, and yes in the past I've been"prideful" to say, and not wanting to ask or listen but now, I've been focusing on trying to still balance being a staff member and also a good friend, because i want people to see me as someone they can trust and be a person they can come talk to. I want the community to feel happier to come and ask me or other staff members for help or even different questions more often, rather than feeling afraid that they might get yelled at, or annoyed or whatever right, it is hard with some who come on here and cause nothing but trouble, so hopefully, I and others can Try and keep that down to a minimum the best we can anyways.

That's all i have to say for now, I hope everyone gets and understands what I'm trying to say here. lol

cheers!!
[Image: titan.gif]
-1, Bad at jackbox.

In all seriousness Titan shows that they are beyond the level of maturity needed to staff a discord, let alone our discord.

Huge +1.
+1

Titan has been around forever, done it all. Let the man have discord rank.
Go away
I have no concerns with Titan wanting to help out on Discord.