Poll: Choices for the Jumppack
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Remove Jumppack
13.89%
10 13.89%
Remove + use Russ' fall damage script
29.17%
21 29.17%
Rework Jumppack
33.33%
24 33.33%
Keep Jumppack
23.61%
17 23.61%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The state of the Jumppack
when the jumpack was removed for that lil bit of time whenever ago all i could hear were the cries and tears of upset community members and struggles of relearning how to travel across maps. we dont wanna go thru this again
Cult member since 8-8-18
(01-08-2022, 02:47 PM)GAMER Wrote: when the jumpack was removed for that lil bit of time whenever ago all i could hear were the cries and tears of upset community members and struggles of relearning how to travel across maps. we dont wanna go thru this again
people also cry literally any time that something gets changed, regardless of if its better for server health or not; plenty of people also learned to like it, and saw the benefits of not having hitreg be fucked with, as well as having more balanced fights. almost every map is made with default movement in mind, so if people cry about it, that’s an adjustment issue not a no-jumppack issue. if it does get removed, the adjustment definitely won’t be overnight, but i do genuinely believe it would improve the health of the server. also consider that we could add stuff back, like maps and grapple hook, and an alternative equipable that allows for gliding-type movement without destroying hitreg could definitely be looked into.
i still miss the 1 hit knife
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(01-08-2022, 07:28 AM)MiniMe2001 Wrote: I would personally love a rework + fall damage script. In my eyes it’s the best middle ground for it. Reducing the power to 8 to make people not fly into the cieling so much while also adding a fall damage script so anyone can jump around or off things with little worries to damage, also this way there isn’t such a huge difference in fighting abilities of jumppack and non jumppack users.
I agree with Mini entirely here.
I’ll +1 Mini’s idea too
My main problem with the jump pack isn't the insane mobility. It's the way it breaks hitboxes. In the time that the jumppack was removed from the server for a small period of time, I heard little complaints about how awful the hitreg was. Blah blah blah, jump packs make people's heads go into the ceiling. It's busted as hell. The jump pack requires no skill but gives too big of an advantage --- I haven't used the jump pack for a year or more and I'm doing fine when I get on the server.

That's it
remove the shit its dumb
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
A majority of the people I see on this thread or in general complaining about the jetpack are the ones who treat TTT like it's an overtime round of a RADIANT bracket VALORANT Competitive match; it's not that serious, the game is nearly 16 years old, your wins mean nothing other than bragging rights.

Personally, I believe the rework is a simple enough fix; if you lower the jump height, it'll make it easier for us to not run into people who jump spam into ceilings. This doesn't require or need a full removal, as I personally find the jump pack quite useful to maneuver around the map.  If that doesn't fix hitbox issues, welll sorry. I just don't see the need of removing the jump pack entirely when it seems that a rework can fix the issue.

(01-08-2022, 04:14 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote: i still miss the 1 hit knife

also facts, it was the only way someone who plays casually (me) could kill the retired pro CS:GO players
why do people act like the only people who want the jump pack removed are people who are "sweaty" (dumb term for someone who is just better than you) when trying to fight someone whos doing their best chandelier after an earthquake cosplay is really annoying regardless of skill level? do you know how many new players get on the server and complain about the jump pack too? it's like every single one
(01-08-2022, 07:17 PM)Automatic Man Wrote:  do you know how many new players get on the server and complain about the jump pack too? it's like every single one

Never have once heard a guest complain about jump pack; sure, I've seen people ask if they could have someone buy them one, but never have I heard one say that it's stupid.

Also, instead of people you could've just said me because nobody else said anything about the type of people who want it gone. When I launch Garry's Mod TTT, I'm not thinking "Oh, I am going to do the best at it!" I get on the game to relax and have some fun, because it isn't a serious game in any stretch of imagination; therefore, if the jumppack can be reworked to make it so we don't have "chandlier during an earthquake cosplay" going on, then I'm for that. Removing it just is unnecessary.

Keeping it the jetpack as is would be worse than removing it if we're planning to do something about it though, I'll admit that it's annoying to deal with that but then again, I'm not trying to be the best TTT player of all time or in the community so it never bothered me enough to want to say "LET'S REMOVE IT!"
(01-08-2022, 07:32 PM)David Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 07:17 PM)Automatic Man Wrote:  do you know how many new players get on the server and complain about the jump pack too? it's like every single one

Never have once heard a guest complain about jump pack; sure, I've seen people ask if they could have someone buy them one, but never have I heard one say that it's stupid. 
 Oh there has been trust me on that. I seen guests before join the server and see the ceiling jump shit and wonder what the hell is going on with the jetpack lmao. Of course like you said reworking jetpack could be a simple fix for this maybe.