Poll: Choices for the Jumppack
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Remove Jumppack
13.89%
10 13.89%
Remove + use Russ' fall damage script
29.17%
21 29.17%
Rework Jumppack
33.33%
24 33.33%
Keep Jumppack
23.61%
17 23.61%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The state of the Jumppack
(01-09-2022, 07:14 PM)HONG Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 12:14 PM)Pep*Mint*Fluff Wrote: Please don't remove D:
(01-09-2022, 02:11 PM)bless. Wrote: Again its a gamemode issue not a map issue.

[Image: IMG_7189.jpg]
I know your goofy ass didn't post that picture for me. Because I know I'm right. If you dont believe me go run a solo server and spawn some boxes in sandbox mode and crouch into the ceiling and then feel extra dumb with yo goofy name stealing non-party attending no chin having stupid headass. Get the hell on boy.
(01-09-2022, 08:18 PM)bless. Wrote:

I know your goofy ass didn't post that picture for me. Because I know I'm right. If you dont believe me go run a solo server and spawn some boxes in sandbox mode and crouch into the ceiling and then feel extra dumb with yo goofy name stealing non-party attending no chin having stupid headass. Get the hell on boy.
this genuinely fuckin killed me i cant stop smiling 

what i mean is that yes, its a source issue in general but that doesn’t mean we need an overhaul of the engine, the instances where someone pokes their head in the ceiling without a jumppack are not only few in far between, its also so brief that it doesnt really matter; the issue with jumppack ceiling spam is that it happens almost every fight, and guaranteed happens multiple times per round. just making sure that the jumppack’s jump isnt high enough to abuse every space below 7’ in height is enough to fix a major gameplay issue, not rebuilding how crouching works

also the rework currently on the test server uses the most popular maps as a basis of how much the power should be reduced in order to make sure people cant crouch jump (not just jump) to stick their head in the ceiling, it’s still on there if you wanna test it yourself
Play somewhat nice, it’s getting obvious that this is a touchy subject for certain individuals

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
For anyone wondering what reducing the power of the jet pack to 8 would look like when fighting someone take a look at this video https://youtu.be/PgHCgWk1Eb4 (sorry for the quality). It still is the jet pack and allows for the same movement with it, but just makes it a little less crazy to fight against for players cause they’re entire torso isn’t in the ceiling anymore. And if you want to feel how the jet pack feels after the changes hop on the test server and try it out sometime.
(01-09-2022, 08:25 PM)HONG Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 08:18 PM)bless. Wrote:

this genuinely fuckin killed me i cant stop smiling 

what i mean is that yes, its a source issue in general but that doesn’t mean we need an overhaul of the engine, the instances where someone pokes their head in the ceiling without a jumppack are not only few in far between, its also so brief that it doesnt really matter; the issue with jumppack ceiling spam is that it happens almost every fight, and guaranteed happens multiple times per round. just making sure that the jumppack’s jump isnt high enough to abuse every space below 7’ in height is enough to fix a major gameplay issue, not rebuilding how crouching works

also the rework currently on the test server uses the most popular maps as a basis of how much the power should be reduced in order to make sure people cant crouch jump (not just jump) to stick their head in the ceiling, it’s still on there if you wanna test it yourself
Oh I know the rework will fix more than a handful of the problems players are having right now. I just wanted to send a dickhead post before i went into work  :P . But the crouch bug is still indicative of deeper issues within the engine that honestly noone in their right mind would try and tackle. (I only know of one guy personally who did the whole gamemode rework and he literally quit gmod all together and set his profile to private for everyone about a year and some change after completing it. Lord knows what he saw in this games patchwork code.)
Bumping thread to get more feedback.
Also, can we get the grapple hook back if jumppack is nerfed? I feel that is more than fair
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(01-24-2022, 12:58 PM)Jammin Wrote: Also, can we get the grapple hook back if jumppack is nerfed? I feel that is more than fair
i feel like id be a lot more gung ho on adding grapple back if jumppack were removed rather than nerfed, as you can still exploit with it albeit much less flying around at 500mph so idk, i guess we'll see if the nerf is enough that grapple exploit isnt insane enough to justify keeping it removed

pulsecannon (currently on test server) was introduced to be a glitchless alternative to grapple that still allows for insane movement and would still be great to have added even if we dont get grapple back just so t/d can have some sort of a movement option
I'd be for adding pulse cannon regardless, it is nice but much harder to maneuver than grapple hook.

It's easy, just ban exploiting and start banning for it. 1 warning is all you get. The fact that it is gone now is ridiculous, but alas that's for a different thread.
One that I'll make soon after this is settled (it seems almost everyone wants a change to jumppack)
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(01-24-2022, 02:42 PM)Jammin Wrote: I'd be for adding pulse cannon regardless, it is nice but much harder to maneuver than grapple hook.

It's easy, just ban exploiting and start banning for it. 1 warning is all you get. The fact that it is gone now is ridiculous, but alas that's for a different thread.
One that I'll make soon after this is settled (it seems almost everyone wants a change to jumppack)
thats fair, one advantage of the pulsecannon over grapple is being able to get horizontal momentum in places like hallways

the rationale behind the pulsecannon is the same as what i believe for the grapple: id rather have it have 0 rules/stipulations, or not have it at all; having no rules behind it makes the lives of both staff and players easier, as people are guaranteed going to do it when staff are online, and making it so grapple cant do ANY horizontal movement just makes it feel useless to the point where id rather just not have it
(01-24-2022, 02:42 PM)Jammin Wrote: I'd be for adding pulse cannon regardless, it is nice but much harder to maneuver than grapple hook.

The player exploits are being grouped in with map exploits/glitches in the staff guidelines update
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]