Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prop Surfing discussion
Earlier today while i was on break i popped into the TTT server to relax a bit before going back to work. Anyways, what happened was a huge confusion that i won't go into because it doesn't matter. What does matter is the confusion based around the rule. According to the list of rules, under "Reasons to call KOS" there is  Being in the process of prop surfing . Because someone had stopped prop surfing and made it to the top does this nullify the KOS? OR should the KOS remain active because it was called out? I feel like we need a subtext under neath if it is the former, because this leads to confusion among staff and the person who would be slain because of it. I would propose making a whole different section regarding the prop surfing. But as it stands looking at the MOTD, it would appear that you can KOS them and they remain KOSd.

This post is to clarify on ruling and not to add to or cause any drama, this is just a discussion on the ruling :)

EDIT: Please do not call anyone out on anything and make sure people remain anonymous. Thanks!
Prop Surfing is only KOSable during the act of prop surfing. When the prop surfer stops, the KOS is immediately removed. Killing them for prop surfing after they stopped is RDM.
Ok so first to answer you question: It is only kos'able during the act. When they stop, whether its because they fell or made it to their destination, they are safe and any further damage is rdm/attempted.

Opinions on the rule:
I personally never CALL the kos, like I don't hit my bind. Though I do audibly say in chat "blahblah is prop surfing, gunning them down." so everyone knows I didn't just rdm that person. But it's easy to get it confused and may get them killed later after they've stopped if it's a simple "kos blahblah" in chat.
As for the rule it's self? It's one of those "It's kos'able .... if you're a dick." kind of things. If they aren't directly trying to get where other's can't, or i'm not a T, I usually don't act on it.

Of course those are examples are just how I go about it. Rules are rules and you can fire away if that's what suits you.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms