Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
+rep
Rehashing the whole rep thing, because awhile back I pitched a few ideas and matt said he'd consider some ideas after the new year because busy-ness, and I figured I would try to even get some community opinions on whether it's wanted back or not.

Obviously I'm for it, I think the forums are pretty dead without it, and it was pretty useful for a lot of things, and I even had some ideas for it how to implement it in a more safe, less shunning manner.

I think if every server had its own general discussion and community discussion sections, it would be beneficial as you could leave it enabled for all general discussions, shitposting, and unban requests/staff apps, but leave it off on pretty much every other place in the forums. That would cut the amount of posts that rep manipulation can happen on to pretty few, if you want rep to be involved you'd just post in generals, and if you didn't you'd post in community, the poster would pretty much decide. The harder ones would obviously be unban requests and staff apps, though I see it much more heavily as an unban request problem, not a staff app one, just going by what generally happens. The only idea I have there might not even work, and if it doesn't then probably having them off for unban requests as well would be better, but if the original post could not have rep enabled but all subsequent posts did, that would help quite a bit, I think. Then it would push  harder for the community discussion on the request, versus just -1bombing the OP.

Just some thoughts, and obviously if after a while people are adamant that it should stay gone, this is just a rand wanting things post. I do feel like the forums stay pretty dead which is kinda lame without it, tho.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
+rep
[gBan] Turner has banned NuKulz - Duration: Indefinitely! (Sir, I would like to thank you for giving me the right to have this ban reason 'Mass Goomba stomp')
Everything put aside, reputation has been a staple feature of the dinks forum ever since we had a crappy enjin site. It adds a lot to conversations on the forums and a lot of people were really surprised when it got removed. Even if we don't get the old system back I would really appreciate SOME way to interact with a post without directly replying to it. Browsing this site is about as entertaining as checking my email otherwise

In this post I talked about some options we can put on the reputation that may or may not fix some of the problems it had
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Some way to put rep on someones post please. As Rand said, I think the forums are a little more dead without it, along with not knowing if something im saying is having the correct positive review from the community on things makes it a less of a community thing at times. +
I don't care either way. It all depends on whether forums staff really have the time to enforce rep manipulation, since they've expressed frustrations about it in the past.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
I'm actually interested in the whole rep thing, when I joined the forums for the first time rep wasn't a thing anymore.  If it's possible to have that system back then I would like to see it
[Image: unknown.png]
(01-13-2022, 09:25 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Everything put aside, reputation has been a staple feature of the dinks forum ever since we had a crappy enjin site. It adds a lot to conversations on the forums and a lot of people were really surprised when it got removed. Even if we don't get the old system back I would really appreciate SOME way to interact with a post without directly replying to it. Browsing this site is about as entertaining as checking my email otherwise

In this post I talked about some options we can put on the reputation that may or may not fix some of the problems it had
this 100%. just get rid of -rep if staff is worried about malicious downvoting. these other options are great.
bring rep back down with matt's tyranny.

in all seriousness though, bring rep back, i don't even see how it's a big deal if people "malicious -rep" it's not like its a big deal and i dont see why anyone gets upset about it
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
+1 bring me back funny internet points!!
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Honestly yeah - I miss the rep.

Sometimes i dont want to reply because I have nothing to add to the conversation but I agree or disagree with what is being said.
Go away