Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prop Hunt unban request
Steam Name: Cat

Steam I.D: STEAM_0:0:31511824

Who banned you: chelllman

Reason for ban: Hacking

Reason for Admins to unban you: I've played on ph_islandhouse, a map I know quite well, and got more kills than the Regular ranked players and I suppose this was the reason for the ban.

(Optional) Extra details/information:
Hello. I've joined today to play on this Prop Hunt server, played for less than 20 minutes and got a ban for Hacking. I'd tried to attach an image but it was too large, but in it it says I got a one day ban. Since I plan (or at least planned) on staying on this server, it's a matter of concern as I will probably get banned again. I'd like to clarify that I am not hacking or cheating in any way. I'd be more surprised if the staff in question could provide legitimate proof for the ban as all I did was follow my established route on the map. If required, I can even show the route and the staff could compare it to the "proof".

I have history of playing on a server called Everyone's a Banana that has closed some time back, with over 2,000 hours on it alone. I'm also playing on a prop hunt server called ZARP and have about 100 hours there so far. I prefer playing hunters, hence my gameplay and kill count always seem extraordinary and I get that, since I almost got banned on ZARP as well for the same reason.

As mentioned, I liked this server and I'd find it a real shame to lose an opportunity to play on it. I've noticed other players checking somewhat rare spots (same as the ones I check), and I suppose because they have over 1 week of playtime they get a different treatment with less "suspicion" if I may call it. I don't blame the staff member in question for his decision as a new player joining and getting more kills that your Regulars would alert me as well, however I believe he did not make the proper checks before submitting this ban, as I wasn't even confronted once in the process.
I'll +1 guy has 5k hrs in gmod and island house is small and popular map. Unless something crazy comes out it'll prolly stay a +1
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Hi Cat,

Thanks for making an unban request.  The more I look at this, the more I think this might be a case of "wrong place at the wrong time" and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Context:
Koshka Tabaxi (Loona Mondragon in game) and I had been dealing with a repeat hacker today who kept rejoining.
This hacker had UAV (allows you to see who is spectating you and if those spectators are staff) and would try to hunt normally when spectated (move to an area where a prop is, search, find prop, then hunt a little longer there so it looks legit).
This hacker would rejoin some minutes later with another account.

Here's the timeline:
1. Voldz gets banned for hacking.
2. Rawr Tiger joins minutes later, starts to use hacks.
3. Rawr Tiger gets banned for hacking.
4. Get Smoked joins minutes later and immediately calls out Koshka with a slur and "keep yourself safe" language.  They begin spamming the chat relay with links to hacks.
5. Get Smoked gets kicked by Koshka.
6. You join 2 minutes later and start to get kills quickly on Cruce.

This is what immediately made both Koshka and I suspicious that you were the same guy once again joining.

Island House:
While we were on island house, your kill count rose very quickly and we were getting private messages from players very concerned about your gameplay.
From two rounds of spectating, Koshka and I were in agreement to ban you especially with your kill of Koshka at the end of the first round I watched you, and the rapid succession of your kills on the 2nd round.

However, after reviewing the video, you definitely move like a player with a lot of experience and your route is nearly constant between rounds.
In short:
I think that you were unfortunate enough to join right after we booted a hacker for a 3rd time and have the skills to rack up kills extremely fast.

Since Admins typically deal with unbans, I will ping them and ask for a fast track look on this unban request. 

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncc4Z3yWoaA

Final Notes:
1. Play time (gmod time) typically isn't a factor when we make bans.  Voldz has 9000 hours in gmod and I have video of both his bhop script and aimbot.  Ryzif already permabanned them.
2. We do not confront hackers on this server since that usually makes them either turn off their hacks or pretend to hunt legit.  Unban requests like you just did are how the discussion is had.
To reiterate on the "5k hours" comment, just because someone has a truck load of hours, doesn't mean they're not using hacks. I've had people banned that had hacks while having 10k hours before. 

In this case I do not believe these are hacks. I think that this is more of there was a bad situation going on at the time and you got wrapped in the middle of it due to being a sweaty hunter. It reminds me of a certain few people who live at the top of our leaderboards. One of those people being @Norm Minder 

I'm not sure how fast anyone will be able to get to this but thankfully it's a day ban either the Admins will get to it or your temp ban will run out. 

Either way my vote for this is for an unban. Thank you for going through the proper channel to get this handled as well.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Apologies for the mix up here Cat. It seems the staff had been dealing with a difficult individual and you got caught up in the crossfire. Your ban has been lifted. Happy Hunting.  :)
[Image: unknown.jpg]