Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
Jan/Feb Forum Update
Bring back the old system. Forums have been so fucking dead. As some have said, there's no point in making any non-official threads if you don't get those rep points. This shit is SOOOO fucking boring now.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
Copying and pasting old comment because i am lazy.

I miss the rep system a lot, and there are lots of good solutions and ideas to implement to bring the rep system back but make it easier on the web staff. I miss +1ing comments I liked or agreed with and -1ing comments I disagreed with / didn't like. One issue I did find with the -1ing tho was people asking why id -1ed them, Like mate, it's just a rep thing on a GMOD server forums page, not like it's going on your resume. Just because I -1ed a post didn't mean I didn't like the person, I just either disagreed with what they said or I didn't like what was said and I think that's where the -1 rep thing is misused, if your -1ing the post just because you don't like the person regardless of the text in the post, that's misusing the system.

Some ideas I have for the rep solution,  these are all spitball ideas and definitely need tuning so don't -1 me, wait never mind. ( Sorry if any are rehashed from previous threads)

1)  Minimum Forum time to add rep IE forum accounts need to be a set age for them to use the reputation functions, IE 2 weeks or 1 month (Most trolls will be gone never to return by then)
2) Limit of -1s daily (Either a set figure overall or per person per day)
3) Redo the rules and punishments for the forums (Harsher punishments for those dogpile threads)
4) Open up for more forum staff ( Many hands make light work)
5) Dont show total rep for people

There are so many good ideas for ways to bring back the forum reputation system both on this thread and https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=15363 and https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...752&page=2 from Russ, Rand, Chellman, and Aethy but the best part is you don't have to just implement one, you can implement however many are needed and tweak them how you like.  

The Reputation system was overall a fun and interesting part of the forums, yes it was mis-used, but I think that it should return. I know the admins want it to remain gone. But I personally want it to come back in its entirety. 
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
I wish I didnt have to post a full reply to tell people that I agree with them. I like to lurk for the most part and having to type a sentence just saying I agree with what someone is saying seems unnecessary to me when we had a system that was just a click of a button.

I would highly like the rep system back or something akin to it.
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
Show Content

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
As it stands right now, I am completely against forum rep of any kind. Until Matt and I can figure out a way to devise a ruleset around rep manipulation that isn't totally subjective, I'd rather not moderate something that there can be too much subjectivity. I like the idea of a +rep system but it very well could be used as a method of harassment as has been noted. There have definitely been instances in the past where people have just +1 a post just because of who posted or because it was against a particular person. I'm willing to look into the rep system being brought in some form but right now, I'd rather see how the forums look in a couple months.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(02-25-2022, 04:14 AM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: As it stands right now, I am completely against forum rep of any kind. Until Matt and I can figure out a way to devise a ruleset around rep manipulation that isn't totally subjective, I'd rather not moderate something that there can be too much subjectivity. I like the idea of a +rep system but it very well could be used as a method of harassment as has been noted. There have definitely been instances in the past where people have just +1 a post just because of who posted or because it was against a particular person. I'm willing to look into the rep system being brought  in some form but right now, I'd rather see how the forums look in a couple months.
It's been a couple of months already and they're dead. There is no incentive to post anymore on anything that isn't an essay. I don't understand how forum rep is taken so incredulously serious that "rep manipulation" alone is not just simply "people don't agree with me so I must disable the rep system so others don't have to deal with people not liking their opinions". Like yeah, shit takes are gonna give you shit rep. Not to mention the massive community support for adding rep back or at least some form of alternative. It feels like a handful of staff want it gone and that's about it which isn't fair to everyone else.

-1 rep
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Since you guys are so focused on the "harassment" hypothetically would this also bar the staff teams from mass +1 or -1 as well?
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(02-25-2022, 08:29 AM)happy Wrote: Since you guys are so focused on the "harassment"  hypothetically would this also bar the staff teams from mass +1 or -1 as well?
Correct.
Is there a specific example you have in mind of this being an issue with staff?
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I've been biting my tongue about it but it really does feel pretty one sided here. Three admins and the forum moderator not liking rep is enough to keep it gone? As Foxka said there is massive community support for rep coming back. This is the COMMUNITY forum, not the admin forum, why can't we give the community what they want? This is pretty ridiculous.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(02-25-2022, 05:42 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: why can't we give the community what they want?
the better question is why (want to) have a forum moderation team when it’s too much work to moderate the one thing that could occasionally need watching

no one even notices when they’re inactive because forums are so dead and issues crop up so infrequently