Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
Jan/Feb Forum Update
Personally I never saw any abuse with the forum rep before It was r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶a̶l̶t̶y̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶g̶a̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶ unjustly removed. It was always people would -rep you if your take was bad and you deserved it or your take was good and or funny and deserved the +rep for it. Other than those uses it was also a good way to really understand how a larger portion of the community felt about a post. (Some people would rather just + rep or -rep instead of typing out a unneeded response)

#bringbackfourmrep

(also if you're not emotionally/menally capable to handle someone -reping you for a post and you're part of the staff team. you probably aren't emotionally/mentally capable to be staff.)
[gBan] Turner has banned NuKulz - Duration: Indefinitely! (Sir, I would like to thank you for giving me the right to have this ban reason 'Mass Goomba stomp')
Nobody said it was staying gone. In fact Matt's comment even stated he would find ways that worked to reinstate it. But no, the groups wanna gang up and bully yet again. That's cool. You guys really do look for any way to instate some sort of drama.
Like even those that said they don't want it are trying to actively offer suggestions?? Stop being children.
no one is ganging up on anyone or bullying anyone???
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I know that comment was meant for me, not exactly sure who I'm bullying or ganging up on, but it's exactly what I think. It was ridiculous it was removed in the first place, it is ridiculous it has stayed gone this long despite the two other threads containing nothing but community support for it to be added back, it's ridiculous we even have to have another thread about this because the community already made up their mind about the issue bar like five people two threads ago. But what does one of the most active (not admin) users of the site know about the forums anyway :D
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
We've squeezed the last bit of useful info from this several posts back. Admins will discuss over the weekend.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(02-26-2022, 12:40 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I know that comment was meant for me, not exactly sure who I'm bullying or ganging up on, but it's exactly what I think. It was ridiculous it was removed in the first place, it is ridiculous it has stayed gone this long despite the two other threads containing nothing but community support for it to be added back, it's ridiculous we even have to have another thread about this because the community already made up their mind about the issue bar like five people two threads ago. But what does one of the most active (not admin) users of the site know about the forums anyway :D
The comment was meant for several people (Mind you this was me catching up, after my first reply from page 1)
Is it ridiculous its been gone so long? Yeah. I can agree. Ridiculous it was removed in the first place? No. You haven't been on the other side to where you'd had to moderate how the current population of dinks is recently. So I don't expect you to fully understand, NOR agree. Differing opinions? Cool. Wording things and pressuring people (which several comments have come off that way) is to a degree, trying to bully which is where that came from.
I get being upset. The whole point of this thread was to BRING IT BACK. And find a happy medium to bring it back! So that staff aren't overwhelmed. You had a very very small amount of people that would even look into it, and then at the end of the day, it got thrown to matt to handle by himself usually. So take this into mind, this isnt anyone trying to "shut the fun down" etc. It's trying to make it easier on all fronts for staff, and people alike. The weekly complaints of manipulation weren't fun.
tl;dr for rep from me is, as others have said, have a stronger definition for rep manipulation so moderation of it doesn’t seem so subjective, and really just remember that it is just internet points and this is just an internet community’s crucible for silly controversies (or alternatively a recruiting board)
Pos rep to return
I have a couple tweaks to make and I think on involves Dink.
We will continue to see what happens and may take further feedback again as we test other tweaks to see if neg rep is feasible without some of its drawbacks.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
BLESS
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
LETS GOOOOOOOOOO
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide