Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord Fourms
whats the point of having Discord Strike Appeals and Discord Reports if its all done on discord? even the archiving.
It's just because autuja doesn't let you appeal sometimes.
This was announced, and talked about in the staff discord. Jammin is in the process of shifting the appeals around as the bot does not work as he would like. The forums are capable of replicating what he was after and will temporarily serve as the home for appeals until a better discord option is decided on.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Also, reports and appeals aren't exactly filed discretely, and are done in a poor format that we cannot control.
By having the sections available on the forums, those wishing to report someone can do so discretely, without others seeing the report filed in progress (this was a major issue early 2021 where a user got harassed for reporting another, the one being reported saw it happened, rounded up his posse, and drove the original reporting user out of the community), and can also appeal discretely (no need to have the whole world know what you were stricken for). Plus, Auttaja does not allow you to reappeal after 1 month - once you appeal, that's it.
I'm trying to move things out of appealing in my DM's and onto another platform. These forums may be temporary, but until we get a new bot this is the best solution.

I've been holding off on announcing the process of using these since I have been working with Matt on a few permissions issues with these. But these should work now, and I intend to announce it shortly so those with warnings can go there.

It is really important that old/outdated strikes are appealed, as any new strikes after strike 5 results in a permanent ban now. I'm ensuring that there is an alternative to using the auttaja bot to appeal.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
If you need discretion then it might be well off to use modmail
a system that I don't know how it works but people file the report via the bot's dms and the bot notifies the staff of the report and staff can discreetly message the user under the bots name
It generates a new “private” channel. You could set it to be in the appeals section tho that is still a good chunk of channels to go through. Not too bad really, except to archive a history of appeals you would have to archive individual channels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I'm sure that can be changed into one channel, most bots now have more user settings than [joke i can't think of]
If it goes into one channel wouldn’t that then get rid of the privacy aspect of the report? Essentially we’re about to work ourselves into what we have now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll add modmail to our bot list.
We need a new bot but we aren't exactly in crisis right now, so i'm not going to rush in a new intermediate bot. The forum system was tested well and should be good.
Plus, the forums can handle evidence that may be against discord TOS to provide.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks