Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
here i am yet again
Your Discord Username: CBR300R

Your Discord User ID: NickToms#7064

Auttaja Punishment ID: 961816710012944

Ban Length: idk

Appeal Type: appealing the ban

What would you like to tell us: banned for violating discord TOS for a modded client and apparently being able to see hidden channels.

I have screenshots of my discord if you want to see its not modded. Staff thinks I can see the hidden channels, more specifically the ones that archive the chats for the servers. Never said I had a modded client. I was joking. It's quite obvious there is a channel with the chat logs because it has been previously mentioned.

I'll wait for someone to post my chat log from the #general chat in discord in here for proofs of chat
reckless moron with a motorcycle
[Image: avatar_11007.jpeg?dateline=1648522408]
[Image: b_460x42_C000000-222222-333333-CCCCCC-FFCC00-FFCC00.png]
Hi, the ban was due to a self-admission. I'll pull the log tomorrow and provide it here, but yes, if you have SS's while still in the dinks discord feel free to provide in the meantime.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
[Image: unknown.png]
Here's a section of the chat, you said you were joking which I totally get but you had a bunch of people going for a few minutes lol
If there was a client mod for Discord that you could just download off of some site, that would be a huge security vulnerability for Discord and it would definitely have popped up in the news somewhere.... since that hasn't happened (and considering the fact you would have to literally break into discord to get access to messages that you dont have permissions to) this is complete bogus, as he said.

they basically said the equivalent of "oooo I can see the chat relay channel guys!!!! im reading your messages right now!!!!! they are right here in front of me!!!!!! i hacked discrod >:)"
this is the stuff we ban for now, really?
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(03-25-2022, 05:33 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]
Here's a section of the chat, you said you were joking which I totally get but you had a bunch of people going for a few minutes lol
If there was a client mod for Discord that you could just download off of some site, that would be a huge security vulnerability for Discord and it would definitely have popped up in the news somewhere.... since that hasn't happened (and considering the fact you would have to literally break into discord to get access to messages that you dont have permissions to) this is complete bogus, as he said.

they basically said the equivalent of "oooo I can see the chat relay channel guys!!!! im reading your messages right now!!!!! they are right here in front of me!!!!!! i hacked discrod >:)"
this is the stuff we ban for now, really?
Thank you. I was not able to access this and did not have this saved as I did not expect to be banned for an obvious, harmless joke. I’m really starting to think staff has it out for me.
+1 for unban for it clearly being a joke,

but the whole, "hehe i can see the channels" thing isn't entirely impossible, while there are no clients that allow you to see the messages in a channel, there are ones that allow you to see the name and channel topic (why you should NEVER put relevant info for a hidden channel in its topic).

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
I'm less concerned about seeing hidden channels than I am about using an external client. You seemed to strongly imply use of better discord, which we don't allow to access our specific discord server for several reasons, including due to privacy concerns surrounding the message logger addon. Its more than just "seeing hidden channels," and is against TOS for a reason.

Are you willing to attest that you are indeed using the normal discord client like everyone else?

(03-26-2022, 04:36 AM)Jammin Wrote: I'm less concerned about seeing hidden channels than I am about using an external client. You seemed to strongly imply use of better discord, which we don't allow to access our specific discord server for several reasons, including due to privacy concerns surrounding the message logger addon. Its more than just "seeing hidden channels," and is against TOS for a reason.

Are you willing to attest that you are indeed using the normal discord client like everyone else?
I have no clue what the BetterDiscord client looks like but here is a screenshot I took after I was banned. And to be completely honest, I didn’t even know BetterDiscord existed until someone mentioned that I could be using it. Then I googled it, saw what it offered and jokingly claimed that I was able to see the hidden channels. I also looked into the plugins on that site for the client, one of them only allowed you to  see the hidden channels in the left sidebar, but you were not able to read the content in the channels.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just unban the dude at this point please. He clearly didn’t know what the hell better discord even was at the time until someone in chat mentioned it and he googled it. He made a dumb joke and that’s it. I sincerely doubt he actually has client mods.
It is clear you were actually joking and not using client modded discord client. As such you are unbanned from discord. Remember that jokes can be taken too far.
Thank you.