Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6-1-22
(06-01-2022, 01:54 PM)Salty Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 09:40 AM)Titan17 Wrote: I honestly feel you can still be a troll at times but it's off and on, I also haven't paid much attention, but I haven't really seen you really do anything towards wanting to be discord staff.

Thats just me though, like i do get you can't do a whole lot,  but i think try to help out a bit more in actions that shows you want to be a helper, and that you are capable of helping,  if that makes sense. Constantly keeping up with things and maybe already staffing in a way without over stepping the discord staff, and if Needed, ping us more, I understand stand that we are also limited to the staff team here and really we all cant keep up with everything and everyone but yea no I hope that all makes sense.

One of my concerns and alot here may have this issue, which is you recently and in the past have made posts regarding how the discord staff team handles things regarding the rules/ and or issuing punishment  ect... in a negative way, how will you act and treat it if we end up accepting you? We don't want to have a team member who's going around complaining and or giving us slack behind our backs or what not, we want a good and trustworthy member. And In no way I am trying to be rude or anything of the sorts I'm just being honest.

For now I'm holding my vote, best of luck.

Once again, I do really appreciate your honesty Titan as it means a lot. 

I'm going to address this with bullet points for ease of reading:
  • I understand that I am completely jovial at times, and I can easily see how that could be perceived as being a troll. However, I think that there is a big difference between being a troll and acting jovial, considering that typically the things that I have done to troll in this community are nothing short of malicious acts that are designated to have fun at someone's expense. 
  • If you could provide examples of what you're talking about, I'd appreciate it. The only thing I can think of that could be considered trolling that I've done recently is I go along with the little bits that Murph does once in a while. If you're thinking of something differently, I'd love to know. Yeah, I think sometime in April I made a joke about being on an alt account in PH that was deleted but the might be the most "trollish" comment I've made since my previous application in January. Please correct me if I'm mistaken about this. 
  • I have shown actions at times that I do want to help; there was an incident the other day when someone was complaining about a player queuing obnoxiously loud songs and I steered that individual to the right place for that kind of complaint, which would be the forums. There were a couple of times I saw a serious (or what seems to be serious) argument break out, and I tried to dissolve the situation positively. There isn't a whole lot of this that happened because as you said, the discord is relatively calm 95% of the time. 
  • The posts I've made about discord/discord staff (at least the most recent one, I cannot speak for anything prior to 2022), had no intention of being negative. One of my biggest weaknesses is that I tell it how I see it, and I don't sugarcoat. I apologize for my post coming across as being negative or toxic, as it was not my intention at all. 
  • The purpose of that post was the same as this application is: I want to help improve the quality of the discord. I shared my feedback publicly with the intention to spark a positive discussion. I never wanted to come across as I was bashing the staff team, I was simply addressing some things that had been said by several people (most of which were staff members) on both of Shaye's unban threads. 
  • If you were to accept me, just like how I intend to handle TTT, I would treat it as us being a TEAM working together, and not me as an INDIVIDUAL working with other INDIVIDUALS. What's most important to me is the improvement of the discord, not my own ego. I would not go behind your backs to talk badly about you all to other members of the community, as that is not something that would help the problem; it'd just make it significantly worse. I would expect any and all of you who are on the team to hold me accountable for any mistakes I might make. 
     I know you weren't being rude with your comments, you were just being honest and upfront with me, which I really appreciate that communication. I just hope I come across clearly with these points; if anyone would like me to clarify what I mean, just ask and I will! 
Thank you for the response and clarifying,

I guess we all do get a bit jokative and or messing around a bit much at times that do seem like trolling, so I apologize for feeling as if you were trolling even though we have had problems with you in the past, you have come a long way.

I also realize your intentions were not negative opinions towards the discord/discord staff team, but it just seemed that way to me from my point of view that is, I also appreciate the fact you see and recognize that you had theses problems and are now wanting to change and grow as a ttt staff and will as helper as well if accepted. 

I just never have fully paid attention to you a whole lot to see everything you have been trying, so again I apologize for assuming wrong. 

Now that you answered my questions/concerns well, I think I'll now give a +1
[Image: titan.gif]
bumping this for potential feedback; please do not refrain from being honest!
Congrats, You have been Accepted, Welcome to the Team again.
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]