Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Kaps Discord Mod App] Any feedback appreciated
Les,
First of all, thank you for applying for moderator. I was excited when you initially jumped up to apply for the moderator rank. The staff overall voted to accept you (though it wasn't unaminous, and I think you are overall well supported by the community.

However, some concerning information was brought up to me personally by two individuals who wish to remain anonymous, mainly involving some misbehavior in TTT. While the issues aren't necessarily demote or even strike worthy (though I will discuss with the admin team as well as with you), I don't believe the behavior reflected there is best suited for an upper staff member. These mostly surrounded concern from these individuals involving overly sexual music being queued on server, sometimes at inappropriate times, as well as the misuse/abuse of the awarn, TP, and ban powers that a TTT moderator has. I understand these aren't discord related, but these are still relevant and can't be ignored when it comes to discord staffing.

In addition to these issues, I am also concerned with the lack of activity in the discord itself. While you engage regularly in the staff discord, and are a regular online, I am concerned that you don't seem to respond too quickly to issues that come up. I get you live in a different time zone, but I do need my staff to be regularly engaged with the community. I haven't seen you file a single report or take any action since February. While this doesn't address the verbal staffing that most discord staffers do, I do need all of my team members to be actively engaged in making the discord a better place.

To be clear, this isn't in retaliation to you starting your own personal discord - that is your personal discord and there is no need to take that into account. In fact, I boost your discord for a reason - it's a fun place to be. However, the actions and inactions you've taken as a staff member, specifically in Dink's discord and TTT server, cannot be ignored. Also, sorry for posting this on the foolish day, but since I will be gone over the weekend and can't close it then, I want your 30 day clock to begin today. I did DM you to prove the legitimacy of this.

To stress - these issues are minor and frankly would be a non-issue for lower staff or non-staff. However, as a staff member applying for the top application position in discord, we need to take things to another level in terms of maturity and professionalism. I trust that you will be able to work on these issues in the future, and can someday join the mod squad on discord.

Your application is DENIED. You may reapply no earlier than May 1st, 2022. If you work on these issues, I trust that we will have no issue allowing you to join at that time.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
APRIL FOOLS, haha got em!

Shoutout to @JesseTheUndeadCowboy for catching the joke, and shoutout to @TTT Admin and likely many others for being fooled.

@KaptainLes, as I discussed with you yesterday when I worked with you on this joke, your staff app for Discord Moderator has been accepted. None of the false information I provided above is true. Obviously, you are a fantastic pick for Moderator and I feel that you will do just fine.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks