Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Silly Situation.
(05-07-2022, 09:33 PM)Jammin Wrote: One thing should be damn well clear. Donors should never kick players if staff members are actively handling the situation. If you can't be patient for proper evidence to be gathered, and aren't bothering to gather the evidence yourself and send it to staff, then you really have no role to play in the situation.
The only situation I can think of where a donor kicking players who are hacking with staff online is if that online staff member has been AFK/unresponsive. In this case the staff was clearly handling the situation.

Not saying nimble kicking derp was correct, it may not have been fully proper with our guidelines, but unless you have trusted or moderator in your rank you should not be staffing our servers when our server staff is handling the situation.

If you are really that impatient where you can't wait for proper evidence to be gathered, the maybe you should have gathered the evidence and provided it to the staff team. That way they could review it, make sure it is cheating, and ban the person. I don't believe any of the players complaining about how long staff were taking bothered to assist in this matter, although I may have missed something. If you were really upset about the cheater continuing to ruin rounds, then I assume you would have collected evidence, sent it to the staff, and allowed them to see it and ban them.

Also, kicking players who are abusing donor used to be the proper protocol. I believe the new guideline updates added verbal warnings as an official part of the process, so I would chop this up less to abuse and more nimble not being aware of the change.

I'm not trying to just harp on derp here, as there have been several donors recently who have been taking improper action as donor when staff are online. If someone shouting slurs, then sure, gag them and let staff know. Damien does a good job with this for example. But if your name is purple, you shouldn't be kicking players with staff on for any reason
I feel like this is a very bad take on the situation. I see no problem with donors kicking obvious cheaters who are ruining the other players enjoyment of the server especially if the donor gets enough proof before the kick happens (because the staff member is being slow about it). If it helps the server it helps the server.
[gBan] Turner has banned NuKulz - Duration: Indefinitely! (Sir, I would like to thank you for giving me the right to have this ban reason 'Mass Goomba stomp')
(05-07-2022, 10:49 PM)Penny Wrote: I feel like this is a very bad take on the situation. I see no problem with donors kicking obvious cheaters who are ruining the other players enjoyment of the server especially if the donor gets enough proof before the kick happens (because the staff member is being slow about it). If it helps the server it helps the server.

Well I feel your take is a bad take on it's own. If the donor can prove that staff is not doing anything to help the situation, (I.E. The donor reaching out to staff and staff just not even giving the situation the time of day,) then that's one thing. In this situation if the donor has the evidence, regardless of how obvious it is, then they need to send it to staff  to have them make sure that it's enough to ban on. If staff is already handling the situation, (I.E. both Salsa and Nimble looking over the evidence and making sure it was enough,) and the donor takes matters into their own hands, then the donor is very much in the wrong here. 

An added point, there have been NUMEROUS occasions, especially recently and even in this exact situation, of recordings failing, files being corrupted, etc. Meaning that when the donor kicking the cheater, they have now informed them that they know they are cheating. if the evidence was corrupted, they can't be banned and thus can come back and cheat all over again, albeit a lot sneakier because they know they got caught once before.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
It takes 5 seconds to write a message to staff saying that they missed a slur or that they have recorded evidence of a hacker. either way, being informed of a hacker means I'm gonna watch them right away whilst reviewing the evidence so either way they are gonna slip up for me to ban immediately or I'm going to get to the part of the evidence that I need and do the ban... Easy done. Staff need to be sure of evidence before banning to avoid wrong bans and shit. Theres nothing wrong with making sure everything in order for your ban. Better that than a fuck up and wrongful ban.

I ain't happy about how Nimble handled the situation or whatever either, I understand you were annoyed but you gotta work on responding not reacting. Donor Staffing is annoying but that ain't the way to handle shit.

I don't know where to go from here as it sounds like they went back to being amicable after but yet a Staff abuse thread was still made. I mean no thread and the donor abuse would have gone unnoticed. So do we punish both Derp and Nimble with formal shit as they both Fucked up or neither if they opt can just sort it out between themselves? It's like battons said what's wrong with just apologising and shit but I guess Damien felt the need to make an abuse thread on derps behalf with laced's video so I'm guessing it's now up to the admins.
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
Nothing is going to be done to either party. Only things to really say are don’t donor staff unless someone says okay and that this should be a dm conversation next time.
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers