Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About Rule 7a
Sometimes in the past school year I wanted to share the livestream links to music events (such as recitals) I was participating in and I didn't know where to put it, so I put it in general. I don't know if this is something that is considered to be against the rules because I am a little confused as to what Rule 7a is targeting:

Rule 7a:  
Advertising/solicitation for other discord servers, other GMod communities, or other businesses/communities is not allowed.
Blatant advertising (posting a link/etc) or solicitation via DM's (via mutual server share) is considered a Major violation. ~Jammin

Does this include things like what I posted (My university's Music Department events that do not cost money to watch the stream), or things like Trade Coffee when I would talk about my coffee subscription? Or is this like if I were to try to advertise my own business, that isn't allowed; maybe I'm just overanalyzing this question, but I just felt the need to ask the community to see if I'm the only one who's confused with what this rule covers or not. I know that posting your twitch channel is allowed in the #creations channel, so does this also apply to when I want to share events like my upcoming senior recital this fall? I just am having a little confusion, but I could just be overanalyzing the rule and being an idiot.

Thanks for your time,

Salty
Obviously would need clarification from jammin but I’ve always perceived advertising as trying to push your own business ventures into dinks. If your like hey I made a song check it out no problem but hey I made a song go buy it would be a different story. Another example would be that Spencer dude who tried to plug his twitch all the time.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
I think advertising for yourself in terms of free ventures, such as music you create or perform, I think is appropriate to post in the creations channel. Similar to others who have in the past posted their twitch channels, YouTube channels, etc in creations, I think that's the perfect place for what you're trying to post. That rule does not apply to non-monetary content in #creations.

The role is primarily there to prevent other GMod server communities, acting in bad faith, advertise for their servers that directly compete with ours. There hasn't been a problem with any of the major ones, but some of the small startup ones have posted their discords and completely tried to draw players away.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(05-09-2022, 06:11 PM)Jammin Wrote: I think advertising for yourself in terms of free ventures, such as music you create or perform, I think is appropriate to post in the creations channel. Similar to others who have in the past posted their twitch channels, YouTube channels, etc in creations, I think that's the perfect place for what you're trying to post. That rule does not apply to non-monetary content in #creations.

The role is primarily there to prevent other GMod server communities, acting in bad faith, advertise for their servers that directly compete with ours. There hasn't been a problem with any of the major ones, but some of the small startup ones have posted their discords and completely tried to draw players away.

I see. Thank you for the clarification, I just wanted to make sure ahah
(05-09-2022, 05:44 PM)Battons Wrote: Another example would be that Spencer dude who tried to plug his twitch all the time.
i miss him

i feel like posting your streams of the server in the respective server’s channel is also usually fine considering it’s literally just free advertising for us