Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Go (dark) Green
Damien is very active, lots of community engagement, and he’s very familiar with the rules of the server. I can understand some of the concerns about acting too fast on punishments and ‘donor staffing’, but I think if he just follows the leads of higher ups while on the server (and the staff guidelines, if the only staff on) then he will make fine staff. And if not, trusted is just a trial position anyways, right? I wasn’t around when he was staff before so I can’t speak to his previous time as staff but IMO prior experience is a plus. I can completely understand some of the reservations but I say give him a chance.

Cautious +1, good luck Damien!
"not everything has to be about the Dinks community"

I don't think dwelling on the past is an issue at all. If you personally don't like it, then change the subject. I probably won't see this as an issue to change until there's some actual reason behind it than "You don't wanna hear it". 

"This makes me feel as if you are trying to apply to be "back in the know" of things for a lack of better terms."

An absolute stretch in every meaning of the phrase. No I'm not applying to know about drama, or leak drama, or talk about drama with other staff members. I'm applying to help the community with the free time I currently have.

"This thread in particular"

To label it an outburst is also a bit of a stretch. I probably should've clarified but I was not asking for a strike on Nimble Jack. I called it a silly situation because it was silly and probably shouldn't of resulted in what had happened. Yes, it could've been handled in a few private messages but I had felt like Derp was wronged and at the time an abuse thread made sense more than anything. It's bad judgement, sure but not an outburst.
(05-13-2022, 11:39 AM)Damien Wrote: "not everything has to be about the Dinks community"

I don't think dwelling on the past is an issue at all.

"This thread in particular"

To label it an outburst is also a bit of a stretch. I probably should've clarified but I was not asking for a strike on Nimble Jack. I called it a silly situation because it was silly and probably shouldn't of resulted in what had happened. Yes, it could've been handled in a few private messages but I had felt like Derp was wronged and at the time an abuse thread made sense more than anything. It's bad judgement, sure but not an outburst.

The reason I said dwelling on things is an issue is because it can lead to issues due to a potential conflict where one side is unaware and the other has been seething for an extended period of time. I’m sure you’ve heard the expressive “living in someone’s head rent free” before. We can just agree to disagree on that though, as it was just my personal opinion.

Also, I’m glad you and I had a conversation where you disproved my point of wanting to “be in the know.” 

I’m not going to beat a dead horse and talk about the Nimble Jack situation as you and I both agree that you could’ve handled that better. 

My vote still hasn’t changed, but I don’t want you or anyone else to think I’m going to be petty towards you if you do get reinstated. 

I appreciate you responding to what I had to say, Damien!
I honestly do not think he would make a good staff member.

I have been a lot more active these past couple weeks and have noticed that he's not quite mature enough to become staff.

I also think a lot of people genuinely give him a hard time and not in a joking way. Yeah we all say ASAB, but i honestly don't think people would respect him as a staff member just by looking at how people treat him now. I think he needs to work on building up relationships with the active members and becoming a future staff member people would respect.

I am going to have to -1 this, unless you guys just are really in need of people to just handle reports (which I do not think the server needs).

Try again in maybe about 6 months after working on the above mentioned.
(05-14-2022, 01:17 AM)misstie6731 Wrote: I honestly do not think he would make a good staff member.

I have been a lot more active these past couple weeks and have noticed that he's not quite mature enough to become staff.

I also think a lot of people genuinely give him a hard time and not in a joking way. Yeah we all say ASAB, but i honestly don't think people would respect him as a staff member just by looking at how people treat him now. I think he needs to work on building up relationships with the active members and becoming a future staff member people would respect.

I am going to have to -1 this, unless you guys just are really in need of people to just handle reports (which I do not think the server needs).

Try again in maybe about 6 months after working on the above mentioned.
I wanted to reply to the bold section since I haven't heard this bit yet. How is it my problem if people don't respect me? I try to keep a calm and fun vibe on server whenever I'm on and if these people don't respect me, how is it my fault if people treat me a certain type of way? Also I'm not here to just handle reports, that's kind of silly to even say that.
Damien.

I have been thinking about how best to say this for a bit now.

Do I think objectively that you are capable of staffing? yes. I 100% think you are capable of filing reports, handling a lobby, and tending to rule-breakers.

Knowledge-wise yes. In all the instances of playing with you, you have been fair in events like rule disputes. So yes, I think you know what's what.

maturity-wise? I am not sure. You say you are mature, yet you crack lots of jokes that are definite no-gos elsewhere, and a little sus at best in TTT. You sometimes carry yourself in a way that makes me personally scratch my head and go "hwut is Damien doing even?" That being said, I have seen you before carrying yourself in a very proper and mature way.

Maturity is not knowing crude language, it is being able to control your emotions and express it in ways that are good. Even if you want to say something, sometimes you have to say it in certain ways or not to say it, for example. I have seen you on both sides of this coin, and it leaves me wondering what the truth is sometimes. Sometimes, you say or do things, and I cannot tell if your actions are in jest or not.

+0 Neutral. Best of luck Damien, keep your chin up. I think if you are made staff again, you may fill it well. But that is up to you.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(05-14-2022, 04:26 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: maturity-wise? I am not sure. You say you are mature, yet you crack lots of jokes that are definite no-gos elsewhere, and a little sus at best in TTT. You sometimes carry yourself in a way that makes me personally scratch my head and go "hwut is Damien doing even?" That being said, I have seen you before carrying yourself in a very proper and mature way.

Maturity is not knowing crude language, it is being able to control your emotions and express it in ways that are good. Even if you want to say something, sometimes you have to say it in certain ways or not to say it, for example. I have seen you on both sides of this coin, and it leaves me wondering what the truth is sometimes. Sometimes, you say or do things, and I cannot tell if your actions are in jest or not.
People tell way worse jokes than I do and are on the staff team. I don't see my humor as an issue other than the stuff from my 3rd and 4th staff app. That humor is gone and out of my brain now. I feel like I'm more mature now than I was before when I first got staff. I'm eager to learn and help any way I can.
Ew, betraying the pink team. +1 since we cannot trust you in pink team.
-1 I could not recommend adding Damien back to the staff team. The past experience ended with complaints escalating to near if not actually daily to the admins leading up to the resign. Additionally, I have seen enough to believe your behavior is counter to what you have been responding. Details are not mine to share, so I would hope the admins consider what I know they have and give honest feedback regardless of how this app goes.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(05-12-2022, 10:47 PM)Damien Wrote: -snip-
First of all, as no one else has brought it up: when you resigned. Basically, what's to say this time around you aren't aiming for the same?: "to prove everyone wrong". You applied for the wrong reasons last time, and ended up "failing" when you didn't get tmod so you left. Definitely not the way to go about it, imo.

I'd say I haven't seen much change in your attitude since you resigned. Mostly because you kinda went inactive and got back around a month ago(?)

I have no doubts you know the rules. I just wanna see that you are able to apply fair punishments/remain unbiased and prove you can handle yourself. From what I have gathered I feel like if you get staff right now you'll do the same as before, which includes applying unfair punishment to players.

Regarding the Jack/derp situation, I only know it's really dumb because we both know derp didn't even care about it/knew it wasn't that big of a deal but more of a miscommunication so I don't understand why you went along with it. It showed immaturity are your tendence to just pull the trigger.

I can't support your app right now. I think you need a little more time to show you have changed.
[Image: Limon_T3.jpg?ex=65b9d342&is=65a75e42&hm=...height=468]