Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Go (dark) Green
Ingame Name: Damien

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:221473561

Discord Tag: DamienTheGod#2156

Time Played: Time Got Reset in February, ~1,000 hours though

When First Joined: January 1st, 2020

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Anytime from like 9:00 am to ~2:00 am PST (I Have No Life I know)

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: I was staff before so I know how to use rdm manager, gag/mute powers, and !awarn aswell. I know how ban requests work as I have made many, and I feel like I can keep a chill vibe on the server while also punishing rule breakers.

Why you want to help the community: If it wasn't obvious, I love playing this game on this server. I don't play gmod with any intent to play another gamemode. Simply Dink's TTT. I love the scale of this community and will stick around through the good and the bad. 

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Other than karma bans I don't think so.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (Yes, 6.)

How did you find us?: Server Browser

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes.

Other: If this seems short/effortless, I've made 6 of these and these answers remain (mostly) the same each time I make one. If you'd like further elaboration on things, responses to criticism, or any questions then either message me on discord or post it here. I'll try to be as quick with my responses as possible.
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
+1 Damien you have been super helpful to me when im on whether that be letting me know if i miss someone doing something like a slur or such and helping with other things, I Do how ever want you to be a bit more chill dont be over tight about everything just have fun with it and do you bro good luck <3 :)
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
He's fine regardless of age, he's very comfortable with and knowledgeable about the rules. As long as you tone down all of the jailbait comment/claims you'll be fine, damien has had sufficient time to change since the time he stepped down so i think he should get a chance to prove himself again. Worst comes to worst you guys end up demoting him. +1
start this off with my clear stating that i have a bias for damien so
damien was solid staff when he was staff he had a rough start thats all ill say about it though
as a donor he used his gag and mute perms correctly i never had a problem with how he used them often he was doing the exact things that i was either typing or that i was about to start i dont know a time where i disagreed with his use of commands
because i know someone will say something about staffing underage i and at least 6 other staff that i know were staff when we were 14-17 all have been amazing staff if anything a little argumentative but that fixes its self with a small bit of correction or by just talking about it +1
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
(05-12-2022, 11:09 PM)voidzz Wrote: He's fine regardless of age, he's very comfortable with and knowledgeable about the rules. As long as you tone down all of the jailbait comment/claims you'll be fine, damien has had sufficient time to change since the time he stepped down so i think he should get a chance to prove himself again. Worst comes to worst you guys end up demoting him. +1
I think defining them as jailbait comments is the wrong term, but I get what you're saying. I do not "use the minor card" anymore and will not do this going forward.

Never Forget

TV GIRL

I'd like for you to address some concerns I have that you've shown as characteristics as a donor the past few weeks, as staff, and as donor before then as well. I'll refrain from voting until you've done so.

1. Sometimes you jump the gun on enforcing rules which can tend to escalate situations. Related, sometimes you don't know when to stop addressing a situation (whether that be enforcing rules or not).
2. You're more of a follower than a leader - not in a bad way, but in the way that you follow your friends' leads even though they may not be correct.
3. Your 'jokes' can occasionally be toxic or cross lines. I remember pointing this out to you once and you got upset and left the game.
4. You aren't the best at taking criticism.

I thought of you as decent staff when you were staff but I wanted to bring these points up on your new application.
(05-12-2022, 11:28 PM).cee Wrote: I'd like for you to address three concerns I have that you've shown as characteristics as a donor the past few weeks, as staff, and as donor before then as well. I'll refrain from voting until you've done so.

1. Sometimes you jump the gun on enforcing rules which can tend to escalate situations.
2. You're more of a follower than a leader - not in a bad way, but in the way that you follow your friends' leads even though they may not be correct.
3. Your 'jokes' can occasionally be toxic or cross lines. I remember pointing this out to you once and you got upset and left the game.
4. You aren't the best at taking criticism.

I thought of you as decent staff when you were staff but I wanted to bring these points up on your new application.
Hi, thank you for addressing these concerns .cee.

1. I think now I do a pretty good job at gagging/muting people accordingly. I've learned from regulars/donors/and staff all alike to see what and what not to gag/mute for. I think for some cases inaction or a verbal warning is better and I do implement sentiment this every chance I can. Everything's a teaching moment to me so this is a good point to bring up, thank you.

2. I form my own opinions based on what I think is right and what I think is wrong. My friends might share the same opinions but in the end it's nothing more than agreeing. Of course, I showed when I was staff that my friends don't influence me when staffing.

3. I don't see my jokes as toxic, maybe crossing lines but if those lines aren't set then how am I to know when they've been crossed? I always try to be as mindful as I can of lines but you can never really know since it's the internet. I do not remember this instance of me leaving (but it does sound like me) so I do apologize for leaving and not listening to you pointing it out to me.

4. I did delete my last staff app, I acknowledge and regret it. I try to take everything on the chin since again, it is the internet. Sometimes you just can't and that's what happened last time. I can promise you now that I will take anything and everything coming at my way since I did take a small break to clear my head and have learned since then.

Never Forget

TV GIRL

I've been dead for half a year so I couldn't see what kind of problems Damien had when he was already part of the staff, but in my opinion I think that's expired water already. Since I began to play this year I always see Damien playing, and until now I haven't seen he made a bad use of his donor powers, instead, like the guys above said, he has been very useful making several ban requests and gathering information in order to get the bad guy punished. So whatever he did wrong in the past, the good actions he's making now and contributions for the good ambiance of the community are compesating that, and if he gets to staff this time, I'm pretty sure he may have problems and disagreements with people regardless he is right or wrong, but everybody has the power to mature and evolve as a person, so why deny him the opportunity this time.
Plus he's got lots of free time so it'll be better to take adventage of that :p
In conclusion this is a +1 for me
+1

Damien is very active especially during times we don't have much staff on. Level headed most of the time. He seems to really care about the community and most importantly the people of the community. I think he would make a great trusted for the server.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Not going to lie, I was kind of expecting this soon. I want you to know that everything I am saying to you is completely honest because I would consider us friends and I would want you to be 100% with me if I were to make an app. I am not trying to insult or attack you, I just want to clarify that now.

First, allow me to talk about the positive things about you being a staff candidate again:

1. You're incredibly consistent with activity, which means you are someone who would be able to hop on at basically any time of day. That versatilty is good for a staff candidate.
2. You know the rules and guidelines, as you have had previous staffing experience.
3. While you've been a donor, if there aren't staff on, you've practically taken charge and done "moderation" of VC and TC if anything happens.
4. You've consistently put out good, solid ban requests with evidence.

Now, on to the critiques.

I do have a couple similar concerns as ceebeast, specifically #1: it isn't a bad thing to immediately jump on things... when it is appropriate; sometimes when you do this, it is the right call (although I joke about you "donor staffing," there isn't any staff on so it's not really an issue considering that you aren't abusing by any means.)

With #2, I do think that you are most definitely more willing to follow your friends' leads rather than take the initiative, but I don't really want to hold that against you, as I was the same way barely 4 years ago. It's something that just comes with more experience being in a position of leadership, if you're willing to learn it; I think that you are.

I agree with #3 and #4 entirely from ceebeast. You can, will, and have cracked jokes at people all day, but when others give you that same treatment, you tend to become sensitive; do I think these critiques are a reason for you not to get trusted again? No, but I do want to point it out as it being an issue if you want to progress further up the ladder, or if this is denied, things that you should try to work on.

These are the minor issues that I have; however, there is one thing that, in my humble opinion, I think you really need to work on and I think is a MAJOR ROADBLOCK to you getting staff again. 

I personally feel that you dwell on things way too much, and this sometimes leads to you being petty and not handling things professionally. I even addressed this in your previous app back in January and I still feel it is an issue.

What do I mean by this? Allow me to give an example: there will be times where we're all talking about something casual in the Dinks General VC and you will come in and start spouting about some variation of dinks drama (past AND current), trying to see if anyone else "knows something" about it; even if nobody is remotely talking about Dink's Gmod, you will attempt to shift the conversation to it.

This makes me feel as if you are trying to apply to be "back in the know" of things for a lack of better terms. This might not be true in the slightest, but that is the impression I get; something you have to understand is that not everything has to be about the Dinks community when we're in a discord call in any facet. This has been something you've done the entire time I've known you, it isn't just a recent thing that I suddenly picked up on. It just is something I felt that was appropriate to bring up now.

Now, if I were to try and call you out for this in 2020-2021, I would've been an absolute hypocrite because I was doing the same thing; I get it, you really enjoy the community but I really think you have to learn how to take time and chill from it; I think that's what led to you getting burned out the first time, and I think that if you continue doing this, it'll lead to the same burnout.

This thread in particular is a direct example of you not handling something professionally not even a week ago; instead of trying to discuss the issue privately and cordially, you made an "abuse" thread that ultimately did not go your way. I have reasonable concern that this might occur again, and I just do not think that you are ready at this time; however, if you do get the position, please continue to work on these things that ceebeast and I have talked about; I want you to be a successful staff member; unfortunately, that thread just isn't far enough in the past yet for me to think you won't have another outburst like that again, so I cannot give you my support at this time. 

-1. Best of luck to you on your application, Damien.