Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slurs
There needs to be specifications on slurs. I recently said a term that was short for transmission work I said I need t------ work instant mute mind you we were joking about money to shut off someone's computer and well I decided to say T----- work. Instant gag. I meant this a very common term story for transmission work. I can even send anyone of you an invoice on my subaru work. This is becoming entirely subjective. You can say this but you can't say that. I'm fed up with it. I even put my invoice to show I was being serious this is getting way out of hand what might be a slur word for someone who is 19 isn't always the same meaning for someone 20 years older. I meant no ill intent to this but boy am I irate but the subjectiveness of the word there needs to be clear cut rules that can and cannot be said and clearly I cannot shorten a word.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: its-vodka-vodka.gif]
I have a good analogy for this. If I say the slang-term f*g (Popular in the UK meaning cigarette) on server, I would get warned even if I was meaning a cigarette. I've never heard of tr*nny being used in any other context. I believe that you meant it for car stuff, but it's still warnable since the word tr*nny is a slur.
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
Be honest. Did you not know that word was also a slur, have you somehow /never/ heard it as a slur, ever?
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
well now you know to say transmission
don't say the word, and if you say it you get gagged. All the specification you should need. Just think before you speak.
former admin2
(10-31-2022, 05:32 PM)icey Wrote: well now you know to say transmission
I hate being that guy and I know you guys are just doing your job but I feel like there needs to be a clear cut dictionary in the rules and description as to why they are offensive because the only time I have ever heard this term was to describe a transmission. Clearly I have learned a new slur word today. I seriously had no idea it was meant Asa slur and had never heard anyone say that word to get gagged and I have had alotta time under my belt on this server.
Personally I wish people would stop taking words and changing their meaning just so they have something short to yell and scream at people that don't like or hate. But don't think that will ever happen.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
(10-31-2022, 05:36 PM)Deadpool Wrote: don't say the word, and if you say it you get gagged. All the specification you should need. Just think before you speak.
Here's the issue I have with this never in my life did I think that would even come close to being a slur word. I didn't make the connection until I searched it up feel free to call me ignorant but this is legitimately the first time I have heard this as a bad word on the server.
(10-31-2022, 05:31 PM)bunniey Wrote: Be honest. Did you not know that word was also a slur, have you somehow /never/ heard it as a slur, ever?
I have almost never heard or saw it used as a slur till I joined this server.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
Have you really never heard that used as a slur before? Ok, if thats the case, now you know to not say it again. However, can you imagine if we didn't instantly gag/mute/warn people for slurs and left it up to intention and discretion. Everyone would be slurring, then claiming they 'meant it as something else' or 'didnt know what it meant'. It would just be a free pass to slur. If you really didn't know that word was a slur, then thats unfortunate and I'm sorry, but we have to punish slurs equally.